Indian Americans urge their kids to excel in math and science

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
That is very nice but they should urge them to excel in basketball and other sports as well.

---

Indian immigrants are tech's new titans

It's no secret that parents in India urge their kids to excel in math and science, believing that it's the clearest path up the social ladder.

But education is only part of the reason Indian immigrants are reaching the top executive ranks at major U.S. corporations — most recently Google Inc.'s appointment of Sundar Pichai this week to chief executive. That followed Microsoft Corp.'s promotion of Satya Nadella to CEO last year.

Along with Indian immigrants leading companies such as Adobe Systems, Nokia, Global Foundries and Mastercard, Pichai and Nadella are evidence that a generation of Indians has benefited from upbringings in a culture that, at its best, values humility, close-knit family ties and respect for all walks of life, according to cultural experts and Indian executives themselves.

Indian immigrants are tech apos s new titans - LA Times

Basket ball is worseless....Science and math built civilization.

If blacks focused on science and math = they'd be far better off.

Our educational system shouldn't have such stupid sports!

Well basketball may be too much for Indians. May be they should start with baseball due to its similarity with cricket.

What makes you think blacks don't focus on math? There are good number of blacks who excel in math and there are equally good number of Indians who do not excel in math.

Well basketball may be too much for Indians. May be they should start with baseball due to its similarity with cricket.

What makes you think blacks don't focus on math? There are good number of blacks who excel in math and there are equally good number of Indians who do not excel in math.

Vik -----you are doing your GANDHIJIESQUE thing again-----uhm....
basketball?------uhm----basketball is big tall sudanesque types----
it is, simply, not a Dravidian sport. ...........math is more suited to the
Dravidian brain (if I were 10 inches taller and right handed----
I would have tried to play basketball----but I am no damned
good at baseball either-----I am terrific at --jacks----a nice
floor sport

floor sport

I disagree. There is no proof that Gandhi preferred baseball over basketball.

That is very nice but they should urge them to excel in basketball and other sports as well.

---

It's no secret that parents in India urge their kids to excel in math and science, believing that it's the clearest path up the social ladder.

But education is only part of the reason Indian immigrants are reaching the top executive ranks at major U.S. corporations — most recently Google Inc.'s appointment of Sundar Pichai this week to chief executive. That followed Microsoft Corp.'s promotion of Satya Nadella to CEO last year.

Along with Indian immigrants leading companies such as Adobe Systems, Nokia, Global Foundries and Mastercard, Pichai and Nadella are evidence that a generation of Indians has benefited from upbringings in a culture that, at its best, values humility, close-knit family ties and respect for all walks of life, according to cultural experts and Indian executives themselves.

I do alright. If someone has not drugged me = If I am not "High" , my mind is not clouded, my muscles in my body do not feel like jelly, and I do not feel like a "Zombie"......I do well.

When people drug me......that's when I have problems.

Shadow 355

floor sport

From what I have heard-----Gandhi---uhm that's GANDHIJI preferred weaving.--------a hand loom-----a nice relaxing avocation---
producing simple cloth-------for a nice "DHOTI" -----soft and comfy.

basket ball -----is for the tall ~~~~~ that rhymes!!!!!! I AM A POET!!!!!

floor sport

Boxing was his sport.

Basketball doesn't build india...Has it built the black community? Fuck no. Math, science, computers, tech and learning has built india.

Make india beter.

Sports are very important. Sports sector has done tremendous good for USA. Indian Americans contribute great deal in technology sector of USA but they do not contribute enough in other sectors of USA such as sports, entertainment, etc.

Basketball doesn't build india...Has it built the black community? Fuck no. Math, science, computers, tech and learning has built india.

Make india beter.

Sports are very important. Sports sector has done tremendous good for USA. Indian Americans contribute great deal in technology sector of USA but they do not contribute enough in other sectors of USA such as sports, entertainment, etc.

All in due time.

---

I'm not so sure that is "no secret." Like other upper classes in the world, those at the top of India's caste system simply are able to provide their children a proper education.

---

I'm not so sure that is "no secret." Like other upper classes in the world, those at the top of India's caste system simply are able to provide their children a proper education.

Going by their names, those CEOs did not look very upper caste to me. Anyway, in the U.S., there is no specific discrimination against people of lower caste. I think all Indians are treated equally i.e., like crap :) So I do not see any advantage or disadvantage that one's caste brings or does not bring.

Forum List

Back