India to Unveil Another Warship

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
This is the second Indian built warships commissioned by India this month.

---

Built by one of India’s four state-owned warship builders, the delivery of Kamorta -- named after an Indian island that was a convict settlement in the 1800s -- has been delayed by two years. About 90 percent of its components are local, with the hull developed by Steel Authority of India Ltd., medium-range guns by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) and torpedo launchers by the nation’s largest engineering company Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (LT)

“Kamorta is the first of the 78.5 billion rupee ($1.3 billion) four-warship project that began in 2008,” said Commodore B.B. Nagpal, the navy’s principal director for naval design. “It was to be delivered in October 2012” and was delayed because vendors didn’t acquire materials on time, he said.

India to Unveil Warship to Deter Chinese Submarines Near Coast - Bloomberg

India is in an arms race with China....The Japanese want to build their own air force and enlarge it's navy and army. The Philippines ask for the US Navy to come back and station their ships at at he old bases....The area is all alive with ant-Chinese aggression measures...

China is being excessively aggressive towards the countries in the region. It is only a matter of time before we see a serious military alliance emerge to contain China. Japan and Australia are already moving in that direction; both of them want to include India as well in it. I think there is real possibility of a military alliance which will include India, Japan, Australia, Vietnam and Philippines. Although I think Philippines may just simply choose to depend on the US for its defense needs. UK and US should also join this alliance. It will be next to impossible to contain an authoritarian China without a comprehensive global alliance. India has always been reluctant to join military alliances but it seems like Chinese stunts are forcing India to reconsider.

Russia and China have fought quite a few times. They still have border disputes. So Russia helping China modernize its military will be a very unwise move from Russian perspective. I think Russia too would have joined alliance against China but the current policy towards Russia has forced Russia to mend its fences with China.

China definitely has that ambition and is without a doubt working to dethrone the US. Russia I think would have been happy just being Russia but who knows. It is quite possible that they decided to co-operate against the US even before the current crisis in Ukraine.

One thing is for sure, China is going to become a headache not just for Asia but for the world in about 10 years.

The Chinese have a score to settle with western nations, the advent of the Opium Wars withe the British and the US having the Chinese treasury drained and powerless rulers marked the end of imperial China. After 120 years of turmoil the Chinese are ready to make a comeback.

Russia and China will ally themselves for economic - not military - reasons.

China is making waves all over Asia and many countries there are turning to one another in an attempt to stem the tide.

The Chinese have a score to settle with western nations, the advent of the Opium Wars withe the British and the US having the Chinese treasury drained and powerless rulers marked the end of imperial China. After 120 years of turmoil the Chinese are ready to make a comeback.

Chinese, the leadership that is, suffers inferiority complex with respect to the west. So I doubt China will take any action to avenge imposition of Opium War by Brits. China has not taken any resolute action that demonstrates that it is interested in getting an apology from the UK. Instead China is busy bullying fellow Asian countries.

Forum List

Back