India To UK In A Solar Autorickshaw

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
This was a good message towards encouraging use of solar power.

---

When Naveen Rabelli reached London today, he concluded a 14,200-km-long journey on his solar autorickshaw that began in Bengaluru, India seven months ago. To make this trip, Rabelli traversed 11 countries, 20 cities and 100 towns in Asia and Europe.

The 35-year-old began his adventure in February in a customised red three-wheeler christened Tejas, the Sanskrit word for radiance. His aim was to promote the use of renewable energy solutions for passenger vehicles in Asian and European countries. "The first thing I wanted to address was [the notion] that a solar-powered vehicle cannot run as efficiently as a fuel vehicle," he said before embarking on his trip.

Funnily enough, it was a traffic jam in Bengaluru that gave Rabelli the idea to convert a diesel tuk-tuk to a zero emission vehicle that ran on renewable energy. He combined the project with his childhood dream of taking an overland drive from India to the UK. "I was driving in the traffic in Bengaluru, when I noticed a sea of polluting and noisy tuk-tuks," Rabelli said. "I decided that I didn't want to pollute the environment for my dream. So I decided to make a zero-emission tuk-tuk and drive all the way."

Meet The Man Who Drove From India To UK In A Solar Autorickshaw

---

When Naveen Rabelli reached London today, he concluded a 14,200-km-long journey on his solar autorickshaw that began in Bengaluru, India seven months ago. To make this trip, Rabelli traversed 11 countries, 20 cities and 100 towns in Asia and Europe.

The 35-year-old began his adventure in February in a customised red three-wheeler christened Tejas, the Sanskrit word for radiance. His aim was to promote the use of renewable energy solutions for passenger vehicles in Asian and European countries. "The first thing I wanted to address was [the notion] that a solar-powered vehicle cannot run as efficiently as a fuel vehicle," he said before embarking on his trip.

Funnily enough, it was a traffic jam in Bengaluru that gave Rabelli the idea to convert a diesel tuk-tuk to a zero emission vehicle that ran on renewable energy. He combined the project with his childhood dream of taking an overland drive from India to the UK. "I was driving in the traffic in Bengaluru, when I noticed a sea of polluting and noisy tuk-tuks," Rabelli said. "I decided that I didn't want to pollute the environment for my dream. So I decided to make a zero-emission tuk-tuk and drive all the way."

Not really your lamb Bhuna would be stone cold and have a new life form growing on it by the time it arrived. As for zero emissions that is a fallacy as it produces emissions when you make anything, and solar panels are amongst the worst items for pollution. Look at what goes into solar panels and what is produced as a by product and you would kick so called renewable energy into touch.

---

Its an amazing story. The next generation will benefit from all of this.

---

Not really your lamb Bhuna would be stone cold and have a new life form growing on it by the time it arrived. As for zero emissions that is a fallacy as it produces emissions when you make anything, and solar panels are amongst the worst items for pollution. Look at what goes into solar panels and what is produced as a by product and you would kick so called renewable energy into touch.

You are a low IQ buffoon. You can never be on the side of good on any issue. Burning fossil fuel on a massive scale which is what the humanity is doing right now is extremely bad for the environment; this coupled with the finite nature of the fossil fuel reserve makes it obvious that it is not a sustainable option. However, as obvious as it may be, it is beyond the grasp of your pea size brain.

---

You are a low IQ buffoon. You can never be on the side of good on any issue. Burning fossil fuel on a massive scale which is what the humanity is doing right now is extremely bad for the environment; this coupled with the finite nature of the fossil fuel reserve makes it obvious that it is not a sustainable option. However, as obvious as it may be, it is beyond the grasp of your pea size brain.

And how much fossil fuel is burnt to make these "friendly" things. just take wind turbines that use new copper wire as the old cant be recycled. With a duty cycle of no better than 10% they are not saving anything

---

And how much fossil fuel is burnt to make these "friendly" things. just take wind turbines that use new copper wire as the old cant be recycled. With a duty cycle of no better than 10% they are not saving anything

The fossil fuel used in building solar panel is an investment in an infrastructure that will reduce dependence on fossil fuel. You need to know these basic things as a grownup.

Forum List

Back