India to overtake China as world's fastest growing large economy

Jroc

You should have started a new thread. I do not think those news items are relevant for this thread.

The Indian economy includes increased trade with Israel :cool-45:

the china, India, Israel, situation is unstable and unpredictable because of
the agenda of the AXIS ------of which CHINA is a member

oh gee-----VIC-----apologist for the IRANIAN AGENDA------decided to endorse anything negative about china. I got news, VIC-----china and Iran are ALLIES----both hate hindooooos -----

Everybody is entitled to their hate. As long as they know that if they act on those hates, there will be price to pay.

Muslim fascism isn't local, it's worldwide. Israel and India will be working together to fight it. China also has muslim nutjob problems..there's lots of muslim nutjobs in the world

yes--the MUSLIM thing in China is ANOTHER complicating factor in the idiot alliances that are being forged now-------Syria, Iran, China, India ( OY !!!! )
If only Charlie Chaplin was still alive

The Indian economy includes increased trade with Israel :cool-45:

oh gee-----VIC-----apologist for the IRANIAN AGENDA------decided to endorse anything negative about china. I got news, VIC-----china and Iran are ALLIES----both hate hindooooos -----

Everybody is entitled to their hate. As long as they know that if they act on those hates, there will be price to pay.

Muslim fascism isn't local, it's worldwide. Israel and India will be working together to fight it. China also has muslim nutjob problems..there's lots of muslim nutjobs in the world

yes--the MUSLIM thing in China is ANOTHER complicating factor in the idiot alliances that are being forged now-------Syria, Iran, China, India ( OY !!!! )

You are an idiot with no knowledge of geopolitics if you think India is part of that alliance.

You are an idiot with no knowledge of geopolitics if you think India is part of that alliance.

ok-----good of you to ADMIT that the Syria, Iran, China alliance exists-----thanks for FALLING into that one

ok-----good of you to ADMIT that the Syria, Iran, China alliance exists-----thanks for FALLING into that one

Alliance between China and Iran is not a secret. Everyone who has access to news papers knows about this alliance.

Alliance between China and Iran is not a secret. Everyone who has access to news papers knows about this alliance.

Lots and lots of people DENY it-----right on this messageboard-----everytime I bring it up. For the record----I consider Modi's bid to JOIN up -----ill advised. That's all.

Lots and lots of people DENY it-----right on this messageboard-----everytime I bring it up. For the record----I consider Modi's bid to JOIN up -----ill advised. That's all.

China has helped Iran on quite a few of its military projects. Not just Iran, even Saudis and Pakistanis have been equipped by Chinese weapons.

China has helped Iran on quite a few of its military projects. Not just Iran, even Saudis and Pakistanis have been equipped by Chinese weapons.

That's nice------I have some bits and pieces of kitchen equiptment made in China.
and little communist slipper type shoes. I do not consider myself ALLIED with
china. -------I have come to be very suspicious of the motives of china but will continue to use the shoes. There could come a time when I will not buy "made in
china" items

That's nice------I have some bits and pieces of kitchen equiptment made in China.
china. -------I have come to be very suspicious of the motives of china but will continue to use the shoes. There could come a time when I will not buy "made in
china" items

That is not the point. The point is that China is not a friend of Israel or USA.

china" items

That is not the point. The point is that China is not a friend of Israel or USA.

when did China become a friend of India? I have no idea what the relationship is between Israel and China-------the USA is not in any kind of HOSTILE state with China at this time except for some tension over MANUFACTURES ISLANDS
in the high seas that China seems to claim as "SOVEREIGN TERRITORY"-----
what an innovative idea !!!!

china" items

when did China become a friend of India? I have no idea what the relationship is between Israel and China-------the USA is not in any kind of HOSTILE state with China at this time except for some tension over MANUFACTURES ISLANDS

You have obviously quite a bit to learn about geopolitics.

china" items

when did China become a friend of India? I have no idea what the relationship is between Israel and China-------the USA is not in any kind of HOSTILE state with China at this time except for some tension over MANUFACTURED ISLANDS

You have obviously quite a bit to learn about geopolitics.

to be sure-------I would like to be the first to CONGRATULATE India and China on
their RE-MARRIAGE -------I was not invited to the ceremony. I DO HOPE that
this love fest will include some sort of reconciliation between CHINA AND THE
DALAI LAMA---

Chinese economy faltering...

Troubled times ahead for China
Fri, Mar 25, 2016 - The state of China’s economy, and its impact on the country’s social and political stability, continues to figure prominently, even more so in the context of this month’s National People’s Congress (NPC) meeting.
China’s economy has slowed down from its double-digit growth some years ago to just below 7 percent. There are even suggestions that real growth might be much lower, probably as low as half of that. At about 7 percent though, China’s economy is doing much better than most other countries. However, there are serious problems emerging and some of them were acknowledged by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in his annual state-of-the-nation report to the NPC. For instance, talking of the economy in general, Li said in his report that: “Domestically, problems and risks that have been building up over the years are becoming more evident,” and as a result, “downward pressure on the economy is increasing.”

However, he maintained that, with appropriate adjustments, it would be possible for China to achieve an average annual growth rate of 6.5 percent in the next five years. So what are these problems? A major problem is that over the years some crucial industries have built up overcapacity that is weighing down the general economy. For instance, there is now a glut of coal, cement, steel and other industrial commodities. Even as these industries have created high levels of pollution, their profits have declined and some are even losing money. These and other industrial enterprises would need to be overhauled or closed, leading to massive job losses, and it is already happening. As Li said: “We will focus on addressing the overcapacity in the steel, coal and other industries facing difficulties. We will address the issue of ‘zombie enterprises’ proactively, yet prudently, by using measures such as mergers, reorganizations, debt restructurings and bankruptcy liquidations.”

In other words, the economy is set to undergo a severe shake-up and the resultant loss of jobs will no doubt cause social unrest. The legitimacy of China’s political system is largely based on an implied contract between the regime and China’s masses, where its people abide by the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) monopoly on power in return for a progressive improvement in their economic conditions. The government is not unaware of the social problems that might arise from the loss of millions of jobs and is setting aside about US$15 billion to support laid-off workers. However, such economic disruptions are never easy and inevitably cause social unrest.

Already, protests are happening in some regions and industries — mining for instance — over job losses and unpaid wages. The scale and management of such unrest will be an important challenge for the political system. The economic turbulence recently experienced by China’s stock market, affecting millions of small investors earlier encouraged by the government to make good money through this seemingly ever-expanding channel, is another example of the general malaise. At the same time, its exports sector, once an important source of economic growth, has slowed down, which has also caused unemployment.

MORE

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... dey got a lot o' catchin' up to do...

... dey prob'ly still ain't got dey's MTV yet.

Chinese economy walkin' the tightrope...
:confused:
China's economic tightrope act
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 05:29:10 GMT (22 hours and 58 mins ago)
How will China manage the economic transition it has embarked on, asks Andrew Walker.

Are the storm clouds gathering over the global economy once again - and are they blowing in from the East, more specifically from China? There are certainly worries casting some gloom over the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank in Washington this week. China's latest figures show the economy in the first quarter of the year expanding 6.7% from a year earlier. The slowdown continues. But the data do not give us any definitive answers to questions about how China is going to influence the rest of the world.

_89236857_89236778.jpg

The big issue is how will China manage the economic transition it has embarked on: a shift from a pattern of economic growth based on the rapid expansion of industrial output, exports and investment to one more driven by spending by Chinese consumers and growing service industries. China is also engaged in a shift to growth that is slower than the average 10% per year of the past three decades. That figure is almost universally reckoned to be no longer sustainable. But if the result is anything like the 6.5% minimum that the authorities are targeting for the next five years, it will still be pretty impressive by international standards.

Investment

It is also worth noting the extraordinary role played by investment - by the state and by business. Last year, according to data compiled by the IMF, investment was 43% of national income or GDP. Very few countries can, or would, want to match that. It is a problem because such high rates of investment are bound to involve many specific projects that are not viable, especially in an economy that is slowing down anyway. That in turn would mean losses for the businesses concerned and for the investors and lenders who provide the finance.

The share of investment in GDP has started to decline - it used to be even higher - but it has further to go. That process and the wider slowdown are already making a mark on the rest of the world and will continue to do so. A batch of IMF reports this week issued ahead of the Spring Meetings, on the general economic outlook, financial stability and government finances around the world, all show the impact of the Chinese slowdown. The IMF's World Economic Outlook painted a picture of persistently disappointing performance after the Western financial crisis, a world economy that has failed to gather sufficient momentum to produce a really strong recovery - and China was part of that story.

Risk

Forum List

Back