India extends US$5 billion to Bangladesh

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I support friendship between India and Bangladesh.

---

MUMBAI: India offered a US$4.5 billion (3.63 billion pound) line of credit to neighbouring Bangladesh on Saturday to help it implement projects in priority areas such as the energy sector, and a separate US$500 million credit line to support defence related procurements.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the announcements after a meeting with Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who is on a state visit to India.

"We want to build cooperation in new areas, especially some high-technology areas, that have a deeper connect with the youth in both our societies," Modi said in a speech.

"These would include working in the fields of electronics, information technology, cyber security, space exploration, civil nuclear energy, and other areas," he said.

The two sides also agreed on close cooperation between their armed forces, according to the speech released by the Indian government.

India offers US$5 billion credit line to Bangladesh for projects, defence

Who is attacking Bangla Desh?

Modi takes veiled dig at Pakistan as he and Hasina honour kin of Indian soldiers killed in 1971 war

"Few nations in South Asia believe in terrorism," said Narendra Modi. "India is a victim of terror ideology."

"Contrary to the ideology of development followed by India and Bangladesh, there is one country in south Asia whose ideology and policies promote terrorism," he added.

"This (country's) thinking is based on violence and terrorism. The makers of such ideology believe more in terrorism than in humanity," he said.

LIVE: Modi takes veiled dig at Pakistan as he and Hasina honour kin of Indian soldiers killed in 1971 war

Modi takes veiled dig at Pakistan as he and Hasina honour kin of Indian soldiers killed in 1971 war

"Few nations in South Asia believe in terrorism," said Narendra Modi. "India is a victim of terror ideology."

"Contrary to the ideology of development followed by India and Bangladesh, there is one country in south Asia whose ideology and policies promote terrorism," he added.

"This (country's) thinking is based on violence and terrorism. The makers of such ideology believe more in terrorism than in humanity," he said.

LIVE: Modi takes veiled dig at Pakistan as he and Hasina honour kin of Indian soldiers killed in 1971 war

not so "veiled" -------but how does that little humorous side trip justify a huge
money expenditure for DEFENSE?

not so "veiled" -------but how does that little humorous side trip justify a huge

US$5B is not a large sum of money. Besides, it is India's duty to help its neighbors who are friendly towards India. Most of that money will go towards economic development of Bangladesh.

I think Pakistan is not happy now ;)

have you ever known west Pakistan to be HAPPY?
Now they're less happy I guess. Bangladesh was part of Pakistan until 1971 and now they can see their enemies (India) being friendly and cooperative with their former territory! ;)

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan till Pakistan backed by China decided to genocide them. India intervened and liberated Bangladesh.

US$5B is not a large sum of money. Besides, it is India's duty to help its neighbors who are friendly towards India. Most of that money will go towards economic development of Bangladesh.

not clear to me just how "FRIENDLY" to India, the Banglas are-----BUT there is
no question in my mind that they DESPISE the west Pakistanis. So when will the
BENGALIS join forces and secede? C'mon----Modi is probably concerned about
LOSS OF KOLKATA to BENGALI NATIONALISM

Now they're less happy I guess. Bangladesh was part of Pakistan until 1971 and now they can see their enemies (India) being friendly and cooperative with their former territory! ;)

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan till Pakistan backed by China decided to genocide them. India intervened and liberated Bangladesh.

don't say that------it was the "rationale" for slaughter of bangla deshi hindus in 1971---west Pakistan claimed that the war was CREATED BY THE INDIAN ARMY-------I always denied it-----you want to call me a liar? (did I mention the fact that
the mossad was also involved? )

don't say that------it was the "rationale" for slaughter of bangla deshi hindus in 1971---west Pakistan claimed that the war was CREATED BY THE INDIAN ARMY-------I always denied it-----you want to call me a liar? (did I mention the fact that

That is correct. Initially, it was only Hindus that were targeted but later on Pakistanis expanded the scope of their torture and murder to include Bangladeshi Muslims . I am not aware of Mossad playing any role in the Bangladesh liberation war. However, Israel did provide moral and diplomatic support to India's Bangladesh liberation efforts.

That is correct. Initially, it was only Hindus that were targeted but later on Pakistanis expanded the scope of their torture and murder to include Bangladeshi Muslims . I am not aware of Mossad playing any role in the Bangladesh liberation war. However, Israel did provide moral and diplomatic support to India's Bangladesh liberation efforts.

it was a typical PATTERN OF BLAME. The stories got more and more
ELABORATE as the atrocities were exposed. The highlight of the
perversity ------they found one fairly decent leader Mujibur Rahman----
and then----almost immediately knocked him off (ie the Bengalis themselves
if I got that right-----by memory) I do not remember west Pakistan blaming
the Bengali hindus-------they seemed to blame INDIA. The Bengali muslims
seemed to decide to murder hindus (??) out of frustration-----lack of
success against west Pakistan. -----MOSSAD DONE IT << the final conclusion

Forum List

Back