India Builds out its Nuke power grid

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
India has approved the construction of 12 new nuclear power reactors. 10 will be indigenous Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) with a capacity of 700 MW each and two will be Russian Light Water Reactors (LWRs).
Currently there seven nuclear power projects are being constructed in India with a combined capacity of 5300 MW of capacity.
India approves construction of 12 more nuclear reactors | NextBigFuture.com
Something else we used to be a leader in, we are now mostly a spectator.
Yeah they're the leaders now. They just need about another 70 more to catch up to us.

India has approved the construction of 12 new nuclear power reactors. 10 will be indigenous Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) with a capacity of 700 MW each and two will be Russian Light Water Reactors (LWRs).
Currently there seven nuclear power projects are being constructed in India with a combined capacity of 5300 MW of capacity.
Yeah they're the leaders now. They just need about another 70 more to catch up to us.
Most of ours are old.......when I ask the democrats that campaign here what their solution is to all the power plants they want to close....they all parrot wind and solar...wonderful...lets cover a thousand square miles with windmills

Most of ours are old.......when I ask the democrats that campaign here what their solution is to all the power plants they want to close....they all parrot wind and solar...wonderful...lets cover a thousand square miles with windmills
No worries, coal is the energy of the future. Trump's bringing it back.

No worries, coal is the energy of the future. Trump's bringing it back.
The same fragrance as large cities in China and India.

GettyImages_871511920IndiaDelhi.0.jpg

Last edited:
Wind turbines...bird mowers.

According to the current literature somewhere between 140,000 and 328,000 birds die each year from collisions with wind turbines.
How Many Birds Do Wind Turbines Really Kill? | Smart News | Smithsonian

Maybe they could burn the bird carcasses for additional energy?
Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

Causes of Bird Mortality - Sibley Guides

Looks to me like wind turbines are a very minor cause of bird mortality.
Yeah I think these jagoffs are just pulling stats out of their asshole. However, even if they don't kill a lot of birds...they are still an under performing eye sore.

Last edited:
Maybe India should concentrate on bringing clean, fresh water and flush toilets to their inner cities first.

According to the current literature somewhere between 140,000 and 328,000 birds die each year from collisions with wind turbines.

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

I see they spotted windows a 100M. Any chance the data collectors were climatologists?

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

I see they spotted windows a 100M. Any chance the data collectors were climatologists?

Better chance that you are a dumb fuck, and refuse to recognize reality when it does not agree with your insane politics. Just about all the causes of bird mortality exceed that of windmills.

Forum List

Back