Independents, how honest are the voters of the 2 parties about their party?

How many of the 2 popular party voters are honest about their party?

• Most of them are honest, 75% or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roughly half, 40-60%

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The honest are in the extreme minority

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
This is meant for independents and 3rd party voters, and I mean actual independents not people who claim to be but "coincidentally" vote for only one party.

This is meant for independents and 3rd party voters, and I mean actual independents not people who claim to be but "coincidentally" vote for only one party.

So you are talking about 2,000 people or so?

From what I've seen this board seems to have more independents and 3rd party voters than others I've been on or even compared to society.

From what I've seen this board seems to have more independents and 3rd party voters than others I've been on or even compared to society.

Well ones that claim to be anyway.
Those claiming to be libertarian and independents rose dramatically during Bush's second term.

Those claiming to be libertarian and independents rose dramatically during Bush's second term.

That's understandable, if people voted for him on what he campaigned on (low taxes, low spending, fiscal conservatism, small gov't etc) then learned that wasn't the case it would make sense to jump ship. Especially since all the republicans in congress went along with everything he did, almost entirely unchallenged for most of his presidency.

I feel the same will happen with a lot of democrats, they probably won't become libertarians but once they realize how big of a warmonger Obama is they'll probably be ready to jump ship.

People have a bad tendancy to turn a blind eye to their own party, justifying it as "If the other guy is doing it!" or "If that's what it takes to win." It's kinda hillarious.

But God help you if you point out hypocricy. At that point you automatically become a "Stupid Con!" or a "Commie Lib!" depending on which set of contradictions you draw attention to.

That's understandable, if people voted for him on what he campaigned on (low taxes, low spending, fiscal conservatism, small gov't etc) then learned that wasn't the case it would make sense to jump ship. Especially since all the republicans in congress went along with everything he did, almost entirely unchallenged for most of his presidency.

I feel the same will happen with a lot of democrats, they probably won't become libertarians but once they realize how big of a warmonger Obama is they'll probably be ready to jump ship.

ahh but few realize it really makes virtually no difference. Congress and the presidency is are all in the corporatist party now.

Yah, but they still voted for Palin.

People have a bad tendancy to turn a blind eye to their own party, justifying it as "If the other guy is doing it!" or "If that's what it takes to win." It's kinda hillarious.

But God help you if you point out hypocricy. At that point you automatically become a "Stupid Con!" or a "Commie Lib!" depending on which set of contradictions you draw attention to.

Well said, same stuff gets said to me.

ahh but few realize it really makes virtually no difference. Congress and the presidency is are all in the corporatist party now.

Fiscally, the only real difference between the two is that the GOP is going to spend and borrow, and the DNC is going to tax and spend. Both parties are Pro-Spending.

Militarily, they're not that much different either. Both are going to do the exact same thing, complain about how the other is invading the exact same places they themselves would if they had the power, and gripe about how they're ignoring the exact same situations they themselves would ignore if they had the power.

As far as Civil Rights goes, it's even more ridiculous. Conservatives are pro-Small Government, as long as they can tell you who you can or can't marry and what you can and can't smoke. Democrats are pro-Little guy as long as that means "Tell the Little Guy exactly what he can and can't do". And both of them will sell out their mother if a rich guy says "Jump!"

For the most part, I'm voting pro-gridlock. Its the only reasonable solution.

I was all set to vote for a republican for US senator, then Randy Paulie got the nomination..

I have a low tolerance for obviously stupid, and it's one of the things that will send me voting for the other guy lickety split. I voted for Obama because Palin was so stupid it was physically painful to watch.

The one exception was Bush. I voted for him not because I thought Kerry was stupider, but because I thought Kerry would have been the worst president in my life time. I still don't regret that vote, even with how much Mr. Bush messed up in the second term.

I consider myself to be an Indepedent. I mean seriously, how many people on this board agree 100% of the time with all factions of either the Republican or Demcoratic agendas, or better yet, how many people on this board agree 100% of the time with what each elected official from those parties does and/or says?

I consider myself to be an Indepedent. I mean seriously, how many people on this board agree 100% of the time with all factions of either the Republican or Demcoratic agendas, or better yet, how many people on this board agree 100% of the time with what each elected official from those parties does and/or says?

Probably almost none, but how many are open about the flaws in the party is the real question.

Probably almost none, but how many are open about the flaws in the party is the real question.

Not many. Most of the time, when a party partisan is mad about how their party is running things they'll actively seek out stuff the other party is doing that is worse. That's pretty much the MO of Right Wing Radio right there. Bush was trampling all over the small government parts of his own party, and instead of calling him out Rush would spend 45 minutes of his 50 or so harping on how badly the Democrats were behaving. Sorry to tell you, but most of Bush's worst excesses happened while the GOP had majorities in the Senate and House.

That isn't limited to the GOP side of the fence either. When the DNC had the House, Senate, and Oval office you'd see folks calling out what the GOP was proposing. Sorry to tell them, but the GOP had an ice cube's chance in hell of actually passing anything in those days. The GOP's plan of action literally did not matter, and yet it was all the DNC partisans could talk about.

Not many. Most of the time, when a party partisan is mad about how their party is running things they'll actively seek out stuff the other party is doing that is worse. That's pretty much the MO of Right Wing Radio right there. Bush was trampling all over the small government parts of his own party, and instead of calling him out Rush would spend 45 minutes of his 50 or so harping on how badly the Democrats were behaving. Sorry to tell you, but most of Bush's worst excesses happened while the GOP had majorities in the Senate and House.

That isn't limited to the GOP side of the fence either. When the DNC had the House, Senate, and Oval office you'd see folks calling out what the GOP was proposing. Sorry to tell them, but the GOP had an ice cube's chance in hell of actually passing anything in those days. The GOP's plan of action literally did not matter, and yet it was all the DNC partisans could talk about.

Yeah that's what I hear from democrats after nothing got done when they had 2 years of full power, how I translate it is "we didn't have time to fix what bush screwed up, so we either did nothing good or made it worse."

And dead on about right wing radio, the blame for democrats is the same whether they have power or not. On a side note I used to listen to him on my way to work, Rush used to trash drug users and drug dealers like they were the scum of the earth. You NEVER hear him even talk about the subject anymore, and I wonder how many times he was high from drugs he got from a drug dealer while saying those things.

Yeah that's what I hear from democrats after nothing got done when they had 2 years of full power, how I translate it is "we didn't have time to fix what bush screwed up, so we either did nothing good or made it worse."

And dead on about right wing radio, the blame for democrats is the same whether they have power or not. On a side note I used to listen to him on my way to work, Rush used to trash drug users and drug dealers like they were the scum of the earth. You NEVER hear him even talk about the subject anymore, and I wonder how many times he was high from drugs he got from a drug dealer while saying those things.

Hypocrsy knows no political affiliations.

A fun thing to track is what threads a poster is willing to start. I find I can identify the really closed minded partisans quickly by looking at how often they'll start a thread trashing their own party. There are some folks on here that will start an Obama thread if they don't like what he had for lunch, but will let blatant examples of GOP corruption sail right on by. The other side was true under Bush.

You'll get a couple folks that will claim to be indepedent and try to earn that reputation by making an occasional drive by snarky comment, but look at what threads a person posts, starts, etc, you can usually tell.

New Topics

Forum List

Back