Independents breaking HEAVY for Romney

4horseman was born in Ukraine, Obama in Hawaii, and President Romney is going to kick the far right wacks right in the genitals and move them out of the party.

speaking of cnn:

(cnn) - the final polls are out and behind the national horserace is a fascinating dynamic – mitt romney is narrowly winning independent voters while president obama is winning centrist voters by a nearly 20-point margin.

For example, here in the must-win battleground state of ohio, the final cnn/orc poll showed romney edging obama among independent voters by two points, 48% to 46%. But among moderate voters, obama is crushing romney by 21 points – 57% to 36%.

lmfao

If I were an Obama strategist, I would be anxious that my guy has lost independents since 2008. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, which is out today, shows independents breaking 47% to 40% for Romney. That is quite a shift from 2008. Then, Obama won independents.

My guy also has lost college-educated voters. Romney is winning them 52% to 42%, according to the WSJ/NBC poll. In 2008, Obama won half of the college-educated vote.

What Obama and Romney strategists should be worrying about today | Opinion Blog

There's a lot of wishful thinking and confirmation bias in the air. You can actually smell it.

Barack Obama is toast. This is not something I say lightly. I generally try to remain cautious about predictions, because the prediction business is a humbling one. I have never been especially bullish on Mitt Romney, and I spent most of the summer and early fall arguing that this was basically a neck-and-neck race that would go down to the wire. But in the end, two things stand out:

One, Mitt Romney has a consistent, significant lead among independent voters, which increasingly looks like a double-digit lead. This is especially clear in national polls, but can also be seen in the key swing state polls. It’s been a hard enough number for the past few weeks now, even as the last of the debates gets baked into the polls, that there’s little chance that Obama can turn it around in the 11 days remaining in this race. In fact, Obama has been underwater with independents almost continuously since the middle of 2009.

Why I Think Obama Is Toast | RedState

All you have to do is google, 'Independents breaking heavy for Romney' and you will get PAGES of polls and results. Obama CANNOT and WILL NOT win without Independents.

Sure he can if the centrists, who greatly outnumber independents, go Obama. I don't think they will, but they are far more important than independents.

All you have to do is google, 'Independents breaking heavy for Romney' and you will get PAGES of polls and results. Obama CANNOT and WILL NOT win without Independents.
that is a fair point. without independent 0bama can,t win

Barack Obama is toast. This is not something I say lightly. I generally try to remain cautious about predictions, because the prediction business is a humbling one. I have never been especially bullish on Mitt Romney, and I spent most of the summer and early fall arguing that this was basically a neck-and-neck race that would go down to the wire.

I love the built-in prevarication there. This way, he can run away from Romney and bash him from afar if his prediction of a Romney win goes horribly awry.

But in the end, two things stand out:

One, Mitt Romney has a consistent, significant lead among independent voters, which increasingly looks like a double-digit lead. This is especially clear in national polls, but can also be seen in the key swing state polls. It’s been a hard enough number for the past few weeks now, even as the last of the debates gets baked into the polls, that there’s little chance that Obama can turn it around in the 11 days remaining in this race. In fact, Obama has been underwater with independents almost continuously since the middle of 2009.

There is a difference between "independent" and "moderate". Watch out you don't get blindsided right off a cliff by the moderate voters.

speaking of cnn:

(cnn) - the final polls are out and behind the national horserace is a fascinating dynamic – mitt romney is narrowly winning independent voters while president obama is winning centrist voters by a nearly 20-point margin.

For example, here in the must-win battleground state of ohio, the final cnn/orc poll showed romney edging obama among independent voters by two points, 48% to 46%. But among moderate voters, obama is crushing romney by 21 points – 57% to 36%.

lmfao

Sucker! :badgrin:

Barack Obama is toast. This is not something I say lightly. I generally try to remain cautious about predictions, because the prediction business is a humbling one. I have never been especially bullish on Mitt Romney, and I spent most of the summer and early fall arguing that this was basically a neck-and-neck race that would go down to the wire.

I love the built-in prevarication there. This way, he can run away from Romney and bash him from afar if his prediction of a Romney win goes horribly awry.

But in the end, two things stand out:

There is a difference between "independent" and "moderate". Watch out you don't get blindsided right off a cliff by the moderate voters.

in end he needs some independents on tuesday. still think getting base out is just as important to have a chance on tuesday

Independents Breaking Toward Romney, Media Silent | Restoring Liberty

TRR: Romney to Win by 7-8 points? - Washington Times

CNN released a poll on Sunday that showed independents breaking for Mitt Romney 59%, with 37% for Barack Obama. (These numbers are buried on page 30 of the CNN report.)

Recent EntriesTRR: Romney to Win by 7-8 points?TRR: Why Obama Can't WinTRR: General at center of Benghazi-gate controversy retiringTRR: Is a General losing his job over Benghazi?TRR: Romney Gallup Numbers Best Since 1936Updating yesterday's TRR post -- CNN released a poll on Sunday that showed independents breaking for Mitt Romney 59%, with 37% for Barack Obama. (These numbers are buried on page 30 of the CNN report.) Because CNN assessed the likely electorate as 41% Democratic, 30% Republican and 29% independent, this translated into a 49%/49% tie. But this breakdown should be called the "unlikely voters." Using the more realistic Rasmussen and Gallup party ID breakdown, with Republicans holding a slight edge in party ID, a 22 point lead among independents on election day would give Mr. Romney around 53% of the popular vote and a victory margin of 7-8% after third parties are factored in.

The election will come down to how the independents vote, and so far polls show them breaking for Mr. Romney
What happened? lol

Good job bumping this thread! Thank you! Read it and weep RNC. Get off your asses and tell Cheney/Rove where they can stick it this time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back