Independence Day

Be careful out there.

Attachments

• $fireworks.jpg
    $fireworks.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 78
Stupid question, you could have used the topic of independence day to patriotically call for any number of good and decent things or brought up something we can all be proud of but you dump the same kind of retarded loaded question this board is full of every day of the week, why do you hate America so much?

Stupid question, you could have used the topic of independence day to patriotically call for any number of good and decent things or brought up something we can all be proud of but you dump the same kind of retarded loaded question this board is full of every day of the week, why do you hate America so much?

I don't actually. I hate the fact that so many of my countrymen are eager to piss away the best parts of our nation in exchange for a pat on the head.

I don't actually. I hate the fact that so many of my countrymen are eager to piss away the best parts of our nation in exchange for a pat on the head.

Ridiculous thread is bad and you should feel bad.

I do feel bad. It's a sad thing to see.

I do feel bad. It's a sad thing to see.

Partisan assholes who use even the birthday of our nation as nothing but an excuse to gripe about everyday politics makes me sad.

So why do so many wish to be dependent on government?

because it's easier and they have lost their soul. And you have democrats you have always liked to control people, first with whips and chains and now with government programs.

Nonsense.

America is a great Nation, Americans have greater freedom now than at any time during this Nation’s history – and the best is yet to come.

because it's easier and they have lost their soul. And you have democrats you have always liked to control people, first with whips and chains and now with government programs.

Nonsense.

America is a great Nation, Americans have greater freedom now than at any time during this Nation’s history – and the best is yet to come.
Thank you, Nero. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

That's how an American is supposed to sound on the 4th of July. Not like some bitter partisan crank who is incapable of the real patriotism of loving your countrymen if only for one day.

Right Wing War on the 4th of July!!!

How dare any right wing lunatic pretend to love America while giving lip service to Independence Day!

I have always said conservatives deserve respect as political and ideological opponents, but the cretins on the right who over the last few decades have consistently so disrespected the Constitution and what it stands for have no right to celebrate Independence Day among decent and honest Americans. There is no place in America for the kind of sick and twisted, hateful ideology they espouse so proudly.

The America they would have us become is not one the Founding Fathers would ever recognize.

---

Partisanship v. Law | Chief Justice Roberts versus Right Wing Ideologues

I have seen posts, by right wing ideologues, all over the world wide web accusing Chief Justice Roberts of choosing the other side. This is odd since most people understand the Courts' Justices are sworn to uphold law, not partisan sides. Justices owe NO allegiance to any person, any party, or to any ideology.

What does the right in America desire? Partisan hacks on the federal bench? It seems so. So much for talk of principles and support for the US Constitution. What about the American flag and all it stands for? How can any honest and decent right winger ever fly the American flag without betraying their hypocrisy?

There are more than a few reasonable, rational, and respected conservatives on this message board, and they know who they are. How do they feel about their compatriots? About not only their expected meltdown, but of the high profile public exposure of their contempt for over 200 years of American values and traditions?

:confused:

with respect and sadness for all the true conservatives here at USMB
:cool:
Dante

---

For all you partisan right wingers out there, you have become exactly what you profess to hate. How sad is that? All partisan fighting aside, how could you demand that a partisan fight in the Courts require our sworn Justices take partisan sides instead or ruling with dignity and respect for American law and the American judicial system?

I know from experience you have no shame, but I didn't know you had absolutely no love of our country and it's values and traditions.

:(

---

I respect conservatives and Republicans I know. We may not see eye to eye on some things, okay on most things, but we all have a healthy respect for American institutions, traditions and values that have allowed millions of Americans to bridge their differences in civil and respectful ways. There was an American Civil War, and that was a sad and horrific period in our nation's history, but we did our best to move beyond that with forgiveness and fairness and even with respect for unsettled differences that war could not and would not totally heal.

We have great traditions and values to fall back on to guide us through times like this, but at times like this history demands profiles in courage. People who will stand for all that is fair and honest and right.

Where are our profiles in courage? I don't know, but I do believe with all my heart that they are out there, maybe even in here, waiting to answer the call -- the call of courage.

:cool:

note: GOP Senator Tom Coburn has said "We have said it was a tax all along." So why are right wing ideologues and the GOP upset at the Court agreeing with them?

:evil::evil::evil:

Our Founders fought for independence so they could exercise their rights and fulfill their responsibilities without government interference. The Spirit of 76 changed the world.

We need to start changing our lives to change it once again.

Forum List

Back