Independence day. (redux)

Details lol

Let me google that for you

The Continental Congress resolved we were an independent nation July 2nd.

July 4th is the birthday of the Declaration of Independence, not the United States.

BTW - What the fuck are they teaching in our schools these days that people don't know this?

I can live with this from your link:
The final text of the declaration was approved by Congress on July 4 and sent off to be printed.

The Lee Resolution was the vote which set us apart as a separate political entity, and it was approved on July 2nd. The DOI was our declaration of this independence to the world (as well as our reasons), and yes it was approved July 4th, but the day our nation became a separate political entity from Britain was July 2nd.

Isn't it appropriate that Barack Hussein Obama spends America's birthday (July 4th) with the likes of Francois Hollande -in France,

Very appropriate considering that without help from France, we very well may have lost our War of Independence.

Maybe one of the last times (besides the time of Napoleon) that France's military was worth anything at all... Hell, I think the French military of the 1780's and 90's would kick the ass of the French military today

Yeah! Fuck those wimpy French people! We're supposed to HATE those losers!

Let me google that for you

The Continental Congress resolved we were an independent nation July 2nd.

July 4th is the birthday of the Declaration of Independence, not the United States.

BTW - What the fuck are they teaching in our schools these days that people don't know this?

The final text of the declaration was approved by Congress on July 4 and sent off to be printed.

The Lee Resolution was the vote which set us apart as a separate political entity, and it was approved on July 2nd. The DOI was our declaration of this independence to the world (as well as our reasons), and yes it was approved July 4th, but the day our nation became a separate political entity from Britain was July 2nd.

From now on you shoot off your fireworks on July 2nd and the rest of us will wait until the 4th.

I hope nobody is going to get truly butt hurt when I say this, but American holiday food really does suck. It's so fucking boring. I don't know how people look forward to when they're going to get to eat these foods as a treat.

The 4th isn't about the food, it's the freedom to choose is what it'a about.

Irony is lost on the ironic.:eusa_whistle:

You really don't have a point to make just want to be noticed?

You really don't have a point to make just want to be noticed?

Exhibit One.:badgrin:

Exhibit 1-100 Still you don't have a point to add do you? It's pretty clear you don't care for July 4th, I suspect your favorite day will be May 1

My point is: you get pissed when others don't practice your amount of reverence towards the 4th of July, yet you post that the 4th is about "freedom of choice".

Irony is lost on the ironic.

Exhibit One.:badgrin:

Exhibit 1-100 Still you don't have a point to add do you? It's pretty clear you don't care for July 4th, I suspect your favorite day will be May 1

My point is: you get pissed when others don't practice your amount of reverence towards the 4th of July, yet you post that the 4th is about "freedom of choice".

Irony is lost on the ironic.

I said you don't like the 4th but you're reaping the benefit of that day. That's not getting pissed that's just making an observation.

Funny how that happens on the first page it was the liberals stirring the shit pot.

Really? Check out post....ummmm....#2. Who stirred the tucking pot? But, just like everything else in your fucked up little right wing world, it's only what the opposition does that counts. Even in this thread you fuckers can't keep your facts straight.

Happy fourth everyone.

I don't recognize that poster as anything as of yet.
post number 3

Oh...I see you are the final word on what is and isn't recognized? Post #3 was obviously a response to #2. But because you don't recognize #2, it's only #3 that counts...right? THAT my friend, is a prime example oof revisionist history.

Wow a thread created by occupied and thanked by Grampa Murked U. A feel good 4th of July thread ruined by post #2. Ignore the hateful posts. :trolls:

Happy 4th of July everybody. God bless America. :eusa_clap:

From now on you shoot off your fireworks on July 2nd and the rest of us will wait until the 4th.

Why?

It's been a good 4th, saw Lee Greenwood sing on Saturday, two fireworks shows, Saturday and tonight, cookout with family, had an awesome time and not once did anyone call me a commie bastard. America is alive and well, it's people are good, and the view from this board is no place to be on a day as fine as this. Anyone else have an exceptionally fine day?

Really? Check out post....ummmm....#2. Who stirred the tucking pot? But, just like everything else in your fucked up little right wing world, it's only what the opposition does that counts. Even in this thread you fuckers can't keep your facts straight.

Happy fourth everyone.

I don't recognize that poster as anything as of yet.
post number 3

Oh...I see you are the final word on what is and isn't recognized? Post #3 was obviously a response to #2. But because you don't recognize #2, it's only #3 that counts...right? THAT my friend, is a prime example oof revisionist history.

Was it quoted too post two?

Forum List

Back