Independence (Day) from fossil fuels

CO2 is NECCESSARY and NOT A POLLUTANT. That is a fraud. The more CO2 the better plants grow. Look at the fossils of long ago when CO2 levels were 20 times higher then today....everything was bigger, the plants, the animals, the insects, everything. It was a paradise.

Don't forget the absence of those pesky humans.

The absolute cheapest source of newfound energy is the energy we CONSERVE.

And the happiest part of the news is that this source of newfound energy will work both on a national and international scale and on a personal scale as well.

Every erg of energy we do not use, is one less erg of energy we need to drill or dig out of the ground and then burn to add to the pollution problems we're facing.

This is a win/win solution.

I wonder if the hand-wringers, that would be you, realize that if we could marginalize the liberals and rely on can-do folks, that would be conservatives, we could solve the so-called 'energy quandary.'

The United States is the Saudi Arabia of coal...

Whenever a poster starts with "liberals = bad; cons = good," rest assured some horseshit is about to follow. This one didn't disappoint.

Every time I see you contribute here, junior Coulter, I feel dumber for having absorbed your latest pap.

:eusa_hand:

It's difficult to believe you "feel dumber."

Particularly on the 80th anniversary of "Peak Oil."

The absolute cheapest source of newfound energy is the energy we CONSERVE.

And the happiest part of the news is that this source of newfound energy will work both on a national and international scale and on a personal scale as well.

Every erg of energy we do not use, is one less erg of energy we need to drill or dig out of the ground and then burn to add to the pollution problems we're facing.

This is a win/win solution.

So, the computer you wrote this on was attached to a generator turned by a rat running a treadmill?

Yes, just imagine if we could get the leftists to quit squandering money on horribly inefficient enrgy plans like wind energy. Solar is fine for small installations like I have at home but on a large scale they become horribly inefficient. Coal is the cheapest best and most efficient source of energy in the whole world. With modern technology it is no more polluting then natural gas and forget about the CO2 nonsense.

oilocracy meadowmuffins.......

First 100 Percent Wind-Powered City in the United States
The city of Rock Port, Mo. holds the distinction of being the first community in the United States to be totally powered by wind energy.

Electrical Contractor: First 100 Percent Wind-Powered City in the United States

I know you have difficulty with math, let alone basic logic, but peak arrived in 2005... So that's only 6 years, not 80.

Dick.

I know you have difficulty with math, let alone basic logic, but peak arrived in 2005... So that's only 6 years, not 80.

Dick.

It arrive for what, the 12th time during the past century?

Keep trying, I'm certain you'll eventually be relevant one decade during the next.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Wonder if the conservatives realize that the U.S. only has @ 4% of the worlds oil resrves? You can only "drill baby drill" for so long. Why do they "cling" ;) to oil at the expense of seeking out alternative sources?

darkow9.gif

The reason we don't know that, because it's not true! We have the largest UNTAPPED reserves in the world.

On top of that we have the 2nd largest natural gas reserves in the world!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/166929-largest-oil-scale-reserves-by-far-in-the-world.html

Wonder if the conservatives realize that the U.S. only has @ 4% of the worlds oil resrves? You can only "drill baby drill" for so long. Why do they "cling" ;) to oil at the expense of seeking out alternative sources?

darkow9.gif

I wonder if the hand-wringers, that would be you, realize that if we could marginalize the liberals and rely on can-do folks, that would be conservatives, we could solve the so-called 'energy quandary.'

•Supply over 100 years of electricity to the entire nation
•Yield upwards of a trillion barrels of oil using coal-to-liquid technology – over 125 years of current consumption
•Provide over 2,000 trillion cubic feet of substitute natural gas – lasting a century at present rates of usage

Coal has been and will continue to be the steady workhorse for our electricity supply. And, through the process of coal conversion it can also help relieve our oil and natural gas constraints. Unlike any other nation, America’s coal creates an energy advantage that is abundant, secure and uniquely ours.
Yes, America is the Saudi Arabia of Coal - Coal Can Do That

Step one would be to quarantine the Lefties of 'Big Green.'

We could be teh Saudi Arabia of Oil also. If we still tapped our current sources, ANWR, off shore, deep sea, in the gulf of Mexico and in the CO oil scales we could go from an oil importer to an oil export.

Yes, just imagine if we could get the leftists to quit squandering money on horribly inefficient enrgy plans like wind energy. Solar is fine for small installations like I have at home but on a large scale they become horribly inefficient. Coal is the cheapest best and most efficient source of energy in the whole world. With modern technology it is no more polluting then natural gas and forget about the CO2 nonsense.

oilocracy meadowmuffins.......

First 100 Percent Wind-Powered City in the United States
The city of Rock Port, Mo. holds the distinction of being the first community in the United States to be totally powered by wind energy.

Electrical Contractor: First 100 Percent Wind-Powered City in the United States

You might want to look at the town of Rockport a little closer..... With a total population of 1,294 and a total area of 2.86 square miles it is on the tiny side so power by wind is a lot more feasable. However, when the wind doesn't blow they will be drawing power from the grid.

Atchison County

Population in July 2009: 1,294. Population change since 2000: -7.2%

Males: 601 (46.5%)
Females: 693 (53.5%)

Median resident age: 45.7 years
Missouri median age: 36.1 years

Zip codes: 64482.

Rock Port, Missouri (MO 64482) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders

Why are most of the 0bama stickers on SUVs?

Granted there are a lot less of those stickers (and a lot more scrape-off resedue), but still...

You guys talk a good game, though....lol

I am going to start taking Pics of the Obama 2008 and the 2012 stickers that are on Leftist's cars that have "End(this) War" stickers on there from the Bush Era...

Seeing as he hasn't Ended ANY, instead he's Started at least one more.

:)

peace...

Yield upwards of a trillion barrels of oil using coal-to-liquid technology – over 125 years of current consumption
Even the new coal derived fuel emits twice the C02 as refined crude gas, even with that new process those South African scientists came up with in 2009.

You'd have to roll back EPA guidelines to allow cars to burn it.

I think this idea should be a last resort. Like maybe if the rest of the world embargos America, which they won't.

Whenever a poster starts with "liberals = bad; cons = good," rest assured some horseshit is about to follow. This one didn't disappoint.

Every time I see you contribute here, junior Coulter, I feel dumber for having absorbed your latest pap.

Do you have any idea of the different grades of coal? I guess if most of your figures are peat/lignite, barely enough to light a fart's worth of flame, no matter. There's trillions of cubic meters of it!!!!

Back to reality, read a book.

Study - World's 'Peak Coal' Moment Has Arrived - NYTimes.com

Bottom line, say the paper's co-authors, Tadeusz Patzek, a University of Texas engineering professor, and Greg Croft, a St. Mary's College of California earth science professor, is that the 7 billion tons of coal the world is now mining and burning each year is about the best it can do.

"Our ability to produce this resource at 8 billion tons per year, in my mind, is a dream," Patzek said.

Coal reality:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0y3KPmM22g]YouTube - ‪Peak Coal: US Coal Supply Limits: Economic and Energy Constraints - Leslie Glustrom‬‏[/ame]

Ohhh c'mon Jiggs, not another Hubbert curve article. They have allready been proven wrong anyway so why bring up the fact that they didn't know what they were talking about.
Typically the authors emphasize that not all coal is anthracite and instead is bituminous (which burns jut fine thank you very much) as if that's some terrible thing. Bituminous coal has been burned for hundreds of years and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Lignite too has been burned for hundreds of years and peat (which they denigrate as barely capable of burning) has been used as a fuel for THOUSANDS of years.

Your groups incessant bleating about the end of the world is tiresome and inaccurate.

The only "peak" anything is lithium which is used for your expensive car batteries...THAT is a truly limited resource. Interesting how you are all for using that up.

Yield upwards of a trillion barrels of oil using coal-to-liquid technology – over 125 years of current consumption
Even the new coal derived fuel emits twice the C02 as refined crude gas, even with that new process those South African scientists came up with in 2009.

I think this idea should be a last resort. Like maybe if the rest of the world embargos America, which they won't.

Who cares. CO2 is not an enemy contrary to what the alarmists will tell you. It is an essential trace gas that the worlds plants need to grow.

Who cares. CO2 is not an enemy contrary to what the alarmists will tell you. It is an essential trace gas that the worlds plants need to grow.

Well I care, and by golly, I want to make sure the USA doesn't use ANY coal.

Then I expect the price of coal to plumet, allowing China to import a cheap energy source to fuel its ecomomy.

Then I expect all the CO2 in China to remain there.

Call me a liberal-thinker.

:eusa_angel:

It's not just the controversial question of C02...did you notice the part of that coal to oil stat that stated "125 years worth at current consumption"?

Who on Earth thinks that current consumption will stay where it is?....it's that kind of stuff that makes me skeptical of the bias of the source for that stat.

Having said that...Claiming that C02 will never have a negative effect is just as bad as saying it definitly will. Being undecided on C02 doesn't make someone a liberal....and I'm not a liberal...but....automatically assuming that I am is one of the kinds of sloppy parrott behavior that those exposed to toxic media are exhibiting these days.

Well I care, and by golly, I want to make sure the USA doesn't use ANY coal.

Then I expect the price of coal to plumet, allowing China to import a cheap energy source to fuel its ecomomy.

Then I expect all the CO2 in China to remain there.

Call me a liberal-thinker.

:eusa_angel:
Wow....1997 just called and wants their worn out anti Kyoto talking points back. :razz:

It's not just the controversial question of C02...did you notice the part of that coal to oil stat that stated "125 years worth at current consumption"?

Who on Earth thinks that current consumption will stay where it is?....it's that kind of stuff that makes me skeptical of the bias of the source for that stat.

Having said that...Claiming that C02 will never have a negative effect is just as bad as saying it definitly will. Being undecided on C02 doesn't make someone a liberal....and I'm not a liberal...but....automatically assuming that I am is one of the kinds of sloppy parrott behavior that those exposed to toxic media are exhibiting these days.

The US has allready reached peak gas consumption. That was reached in 2006. Since that time US consumption has been in decline. The alarmists never bother to mention that either.

I don't believe I called you a liberal either! I could care less what political affiliation someone is, all that matters is that they have all of the facts. As regards CO2 we have ample empirical evidence that when the planets CO2 concentrations were 20 times higher then they currently are that the world was a much better place. More plants, more animals, bigger, etc. Every bit of evidence we have says that it was a paradise when CO2 levels were significantly higher.

"Even if you may not have heard of the Peak Oil theory, everyone knows that we'll continue to use more and more gasoline in years to come. Right?

Well, errrrr, no. Maybe not.

At least, that's the conclusion of both industry analysts and the oil companies themselves. The peak year for U.S. gasoline consumption to date was 2006, when we collectively used 374 million gallons every single day.

Since then, a combination of factors--some temporary, like the recent recession, but others permanent--has cut demand and will continue to do so in future years. This year's use fell 8 percent from that 2006 figure.

Even with as many as 27 million more vehicles on the road in 10 years and a resumption of economic growth, says the experts, gasoline consumption will never again hit that 2006 high. In fact, 20 years hence, it may have fallen as much as 20 percent from today's levels."

U.S. Gasoline Usage Peaked In 2006, Will Plummet In Future

Last edited:

Forum List

Back