Incredibly interesting.

N

NewGuy

Didn't know where else to put this, but guessed it was best here.

I don't know what to think of the guy yet other than he is a quack of sorts, but he has interesting data. I am putting this up before I have a chance to review this site. -Just for your entertainment. I will now trot off to bed.

;)

http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html
Worldwide Power Outages

Louisiana Power Plant — May 12
Seattle — May 12
Ohio — May 12
Northumberland CountyOhio — May 12
Niagara Falls, NY — May 11-12
Albany, Georgia — May 10
Southern Philippines — May 10
North Carolina — May 9
Davis and Weber counties, Georgia — May 2
Utah — April 30
Los Angeles International Airport — April 21
Los Angeles International Airport — April 20
Los Angeles International Airport — April 12
Las Vegas Strip Hotel — April 11
New York subway — March 1
Central London — February 16

Oil Refinery Fires - 2004

May 25
Pipeline Fire - Venezuela
May 24
Pipeline Fire - Olympic, WA
May 14
Murphy Oil Refinery - Chalmette, LA
April 9
Giant Industries Refinery - Gallup, NM
April 1
Exxon Mobil Chemical Plant - Baytown TX
March 30
Texas City Refinery, BP - Texas City, TX
March 27
Fire Flint Hills Resources - Rosemount, MN
March 23
Tulsa Refinery, Sunoco - Tulsa, OK
March 9
Marathon Ashland Petroleum - Garyville, LA
February 20
Tesoro Refinery - Martinez, CA
February 1
ConocoPhillips Wood River Refinery - Roxana, IL

Coincidence?

:cof:

Originally posted by NewGuy

I don't know what to think of the guy yet other than he is a quack of sorts, but he has interesting data. I am putting this up before I have a chance to review this site. -Just for your entertainment. I will now trot off to bed.

;)

Coincidence?

Wow, truly amazing. Between the two lists no dates match!!!
What is supposed to be the coincidence?

Some people are smart enough to realize that a power outage should never occur, much less having so many in such short time frames.

Refinery fires?
10 in 3 months across the U.S.?

These are all important places and industries. We arent talking about a fire at Bill's gas outside of Nowheresville, Kansas or a power outage at Tubby's rib house.

Some people are smart enough to realize that a power outage should never occur, much less having so many in such short time frames.

Refinery fires?
10 in 3 months across the U.S.?

These are all important places and industries. We arent talking about a fire at Bill's gas outside of Nowheresville, Kansas or a power outage at Tubby's rib house.

I see what your saying, NG. However i'd have to see the statistics over the last 10 years or so to make a fair judgement on the situation. I do feel those places are important though and it is alittle odd.

Originally posted by insein
I see what your saying, NG. However i'd have to see the statistics over the last 10 years or so to make a fair judgement on the situation. I do feel those places are important though and it is alittle odd.

Which is my exact thinking as well, hence my original post and wording.

I am just trying to get people thinking, but scuba was apparently out of oxygen.

;)

Coincidence?

Are you asking if these two lists are even related? Surely not.

These "Wordwide Power Outages" are meaningless in scale and duration and are incomplete. The refinary fires do not correlate in time and date to any of the listed areas. It may have seemed like a selected sample from a narrow range of dates immediately appeared like that, but really, look at it.

Look at the bottom of your link...

The ad for the "Ultimate Secure Home". Now why would someone pay to advertise a "steel-reinforced concrete earth home was built to withstand almost any natural or man-made disaster." to the site owner? Target marketing to paraniod freaks?

"Welcome to the world of Steven Quale, information too sensitive for the Internet"

Eventually from the home page of this link you get to where the man sells his books:

http://standeyo.com/Our_Books/DTP.html

Oooh... "Dare to Prepare!"

Check out the first book...

http://www.stevequayle.com/books/Alien_Fallen.html

"Aliens and Fallen Angels"

Satan's cloven hooves click-clacked across the glassy gold floor that reflected the aching brilliance streaming from the throne of God. Though the devil normally disguised himself, today he knew better; he continued toward the creatures blocking his way and then paused, a scowl crossing his dark, rage-filled countenance which was nearly hidden under the hood that concealed his other three faces. He glared at the angels that obstructed his path.

"Let him enter," a voice like thunder ordered.

The archangel in front of him stepped aside and the angels behind the powerful creature parted, permitting the devil to continue his approach toward the Most Holy's throne.

He stopped as close as he dared go toward- the blinding light, averting his eyes from the power beyond. Though it galled him to do so, Satan bowed to the Holy One and waited until he was addressed.

The thunderous voice finally broke the silence once more. "Why are you here among the Sons of God?"

"I come from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. I have -.

The Lord interrupted, "Have you considered my people?"

Satan suppressed a sneer. Of course, he had. But he dared not say anything to raise the wrath of the Lord. He remembered his brothers chained in eternal darkness and shuddered.

"Well? the voice demanded, echoing through the immense chamber.

Quickly regaining his composure, Satan launched into his carefully crafted reply, "Do the redeemed fear God for nought? You have blocked my efforts with them. You have hedged them in, protecting them from my demons. But if you lift your protection, they will leave their faith.

There was silence in the hall. Not even the normally present faint hum of Seraphim wings could be heard.

Finally the Lord spoke, All that they have is in your power for a time; only upon their souls you shall not put forth your hand.

The devil bowed, suppressing the smile that nearly spread across his lined face. It was even better than he had dared to hope for. Soon he would launch his next attempt to corrupt more of humanity. And even though he knew he was doomed to punishment, he would have the satisfaction of dragging as many souls as he could to destruction with him. He might not rule over God as he had once tried to do. But he would have the satisfaction of destroying as much of creation as he could.

Once he had almost succeeded.

Perhaps this time he would.

LOL. Total whacko. But hey, conspiracy theories sell. That's why I say this is a commercial site, set up in a similar way to www.rense.com to market paranioa as a product.

You have to be critical on the face of it.

Again, you must not have read the post.

:rolleyes:

Try reading it again.

In addition, when one considers a website which appears to be all quackery TOTAL quackery without considering the information, they will always remain stupid.

No matter hwere the information comes from, or who it comes from, filtering it before verifying it never increases your knowledge base.

Consequently, removing those filters when dealing with "trusted" sources opens you to believing falsities as well and never shows a reality beyond your current realm either.

The appropriate approach is to look at ALL information with skepticism, but CHECK IT OUT regardless of source.

If you even had any sense of judgement you would realize the American power grid, by design and protocol, CANNOT go out like it did regardless of public statement.

How much room do you think the feds allow the petroleum industry for refinery fires?

Again, you must not have read the post.

:rolleyes:

Try reading it again.

In addition, when one considers a website which appears to be all quackery TOTAL quackery without considering the information, they will always remain stupid.

No matter hwere the information comes from, or who it comes from, filtering it before verifying it never increases your knowledge base.

Consequently, removing those filters when dealing with "trusted" sources opens you to believing falsities as well and never shows a reality beyond your current realm either.

The appropriate approach is to look at ALL information with skepticism, but CHECK IT OUT regardless of source.

If you even had any sense of judgement you would realize the American power grid, by design and protocol, CANNOT go out like it did regardless of public statement.

How much room do you think the feds allow the petroleum industry for refinery fires?

C'mon, you can't defend the fact with that kind of fluff. You asked me to apply coincidence to a half assed list of "Worldwide Power Outages" based on another list of fires which were supposed to be related to the same. Let's leave all the other bullshit hype from the rest of the link out then.

So we look at the dates and places?

What exactly do I have to explain?

The South Phillipeans power going down from some fire weeks ago in America? Really?

LAX having problems which the rest of L.A. on the same grid is unaffected? Based on what, some oil fire? Are you some civil engineer who knows how the electrons from any particular generator which didn't get it's oil all targeted LAX because they are terrorist electron?

How about the terrorist electrons who refused to flow to the Bellagio hotel listed in your little list? All the while we thought the problem was locally limited to the hotel, we failed to realize there were terrorist electrons behind the outage.

I guess the Hoover Dam also generated terrorist electrons as well, as part of the Vegas power strip? And I guess gasolene from New Mexico and Texas, shipped weeks in advance overland by truck, was in on the terrorist targeting of hotels and airport?

Just admit the argument is ridiculous already.

Originally posted by Comrade
C'mon, you can't defend the fact with that kind of fluff. You asked me to apply coincidence to a half assed list of "Worldwide Power Outages" based on another list of fires which were supposed to be related to the same.

No, I didn't. I left it wide open. That is what you WANTED to read. I worded it wide open on purpose to show whoever DID respond the way you did would only see hwat they wanted to.

Let's leave all the other bullshit hype from the rest of the link out then.

Good -Since it wasn't the point of the post.

So we look at the dates and places?

What exactly do I have to explain?

I dunno. I never wanted you to explain anything. Which tv channel are you watching? You seem way out there......

The South Phillipeans power going down from some fire weeks ago in America? Really?

Did I say that? Lay off the drugs.....

LAX having problems which the rest of L.A. on the same grid is unaffected? Based on what, some oil fire? Are you some civil engineer who knows how the electrons from any particular generator which didn't get it's oil all targeted LAX because they are terrorist electron?

Do you get your logic from fortune cookies?

How about the terrorist electrons who refused to flow to the Bellagio hotel listed in your little list? All the while we thought the problem was locally limited to the hotel, we failed to realize there were terrorist electrons behind the outage.

Earth to Comrade....Come in Comrade.....

I guess the Hoover Dam also generated terrorist electrons as well, as part of the Vegas power strip? And I guess gasolene from New Mexico and Texas, shipped weeks in advance overland by truck, was in on the terrorist targeting of hotels and airport?

Wow.....you ought to write for the Enquirer. -Or at least John Kerry.

Just admit the argument is ridiculous already.

You win.

Your argument is ridiculous already.

No, I didn't. I left it wide open. That is what you WANTED to read. I worded it wide open on purpose to show whoever DID respond the way you did would only see hwat they wanted to.

Good -Since it wasn't the point of the post.

I dunno. I never wanted you to explain anything. Which tv channel are you watching? You seem way out there......

Did I say that? Lay off the drugs.....

Do you get your logic from fortune cookies?

Earth to Comrade....Come in Comrade.....

Wow.....you ought to write for the Enquirer. -Or at least John Kerry.

You win.

Your argument is ridiculous already.

Can we get back to talking about the relationship between outages and refinary fires or is this some kind of game?

I don't know where you come off trying to bait me into some round of insults.

Why don't you just lay the fuck off on new posts like this if your going to refuse to take a side and instead attack the first person to come along with a viewpoint. Just don't fuck with me without a damn good reason, that's all I ask.

Can we get back to talking about the relationship between outages and refinary fires or is this some kind of game?

The funny part is there was no issue until you wanted to get haughty over me talking about disregarding information.

Since you want to end "the game", fine.

There is no relationship that I see between both categories except both are incredibly important behaviors that do not just "happen" routinely without specific reason. In an age of terrorism watches, government watchdogs, feds looking around, re-enforced security proceedures, updating technologies, and knowing how power grids specifically are supposed to do things, I find issues here.

As I said, anyone with a sense of judgement can see each category shows its own trend of "unallowable" failures in a short compressed time span that cannot be random chance. The cause? -Dunno. But it is worth thinking about.

WHICH WAS THE WHOLE POINT AS STATED IN ALL OF THE POSTS BEFORE YOU GOT ALL TWISTED.

I don't know where you come off trying to bait me into some round of insults.

The text is there, you did it yourself.

Why don't you just lay the fuck off on new posts like this if your going to refuse to take a side and instead attack the first person to come along with a viewpoint. Just don't fuck with me without a damn good reason, that's all I ask.

The new post thing? If one always had to pick one side or the other wether to believe or not in a split second without verifying anything, that is a rather stupid way to go. I made the disclaimer in the first post that I thought it was interesting. It was put out to provoke thought. You discarded the source for who he was, not the data. I didn't attack you for your view, I responded to your laughing at and mocking the guy for what he believes instead of his data.

As for your bit about having reason, I think it is clear it was there.

The funny part is there was no issue until you wanted to get haughty over me talking about disregarding information.

Since you want to end "the game", fine.

There is no relationship that I see between both categories except both are incredibly important behaviors that do not just "happen" routinely without specific reason. In an age of terrorism watches, government watchdogs, feds looking around, re-enforced security proceedures, updating technologies, and knowing how power grids specifically are supposed to do things, I find issues here.

As I said, anyone with a sense of judgement can see each category shows its own trend of "unallowable" failures in a short compressed time span that cannot be random chance. The cause? -Dunno. But it is worth thinking about.

WHICH WAS THE WHOLE POINT AS STATED IN ALL OF THE POSTS BEFORE YOU GOT ALL TWISTED.

The text is there, you did it yourself.

The new post thing? If one always had to pick one side or the other wether to believe or not in a split second without verifying anything, that is a rather stupid way to go. I made the disclaimer in the first post that I thought it was interesting. It was put out to provoke thought. You discarded the source for who he was, not the data. I didn't attack you for your view, I responded to your laughing at and mocking the guy for what he believes instead of his data.

As for your bit about having reason, I think it is clear it was there.

Okay, I understand you. I'm still claiming there is no relationship between the outages and the refinary fires, which was your original challenge to comment upon. I also claim the entire site is based upon one author's attempt to market his fictitous books on armageddon and the end times.

What do you think, is it something you would back if you didn't feel so defensive beforehand?

Okay, I understand you. I'm still claiming there is no relationship between the outages and the refinary fires, which was your original challenge to comment upon.

No, it wasn't. The simple fact is they are two seperate lists the site claims are good examples of pointing to a bigger issue.

I clearly agree with that.

I also claim the entire site is based upon one author's attempt to market his fictitous books on armageddon and the end times.

I would assume that to be the case as well, but that doesn't make his information any less real.

What do you think, is it something you would back if you didn't feel so defensive beforehand?

I think information, the best to be relied upon, almost always comes from the wackiest of sources. It is those exact sources which are the only ones able to see that which the rest of us purposely block out because it doesn't fit our model of expected result.

Sites like this one used to also point to some pretty strange government documentation that I used to research and point out to others in hardcopy but the government sites no longer exist. You have to know the reliability of the information. The representative is irrelevant.

No, it wasn't. The simple fact is they are two seperate lists the site claims are good examples of pointing to a bigger issue.

What bigger issue? All you orginally asked was whether the two lists were a coincidence, didn't you?

I think information, the best to be relied upon, almost always comes from the wackiest of sources. It is those exact sources which are the only ones able to see that which the rest of us purposely block out because it doesn't fit our model of expected result.

But none of this information is unusual. Yes, there are outages and indeed there are fires... have these been usual for the period selected I would raise my eyebrows. But they are not, and I can prove that from this same page based on 2003 data.

I think the more important issue to examine the motivation behind choosing to display this information in such as a way as to construe fear and vulnerability, so that you might buy the super secure home for 500K or pick up the books on Armageddon and Alien Invasion by the author and owner of the site. Is this not marketing paranioa?

Sites like this one used to also point to some pretty strange government documentation that I used to research and point out to others in hardcopy but the government sites no longer exist. You have to know the reliability of the information. The representative is irrelevant.

Well that's an entirely different issue. If any link actually leads to an official government document archive or establishes a chain of authenticity to a stated source for it then the representative is of course irrelevent. If a site publishes a document without verifyable sources then I'm bound to question the authenticity. Like I said, though, that's a very different issue.

In this case of outages/refinaries, I can still personally prove the list is incomplete.

Also have you actually walked through the dates and places and can you honestly say there is a relationship between the two lists?

What bigger issue? All you orginally asked was whether the two lists were a coincidence, didn't you?

I am done answering the same question over and over.

But none of this information is unusual. Yes, there are outages and indeed there are fires... have these been usual for the period selected I would raise my eyebrows. But they are not, and I can prove that from this same page based on 2003 data.

You ignored the entire point of protocol and control as it relates to national security.

I think the more important issue to examine the motivation behind choosing to display this information in such as a way as to construe fear and vulnerability, so that you might buy the super secure home for 500K or pick up the books on Armageddon and Alien Invasion by the author and owner of the site. Is this not marketing paranioa?

This is your problem. You don't know how to independently look at facts. If you did, you wouldn't need someone else to keep deciphering 2 lists for you while you keep asking the same question over and over.

Well that's an entirely different issue. If any link actually leads to an official government document archive or establishes a chain of authenticity to a stated source for it then the representative is of course irrelevent. If a site publishes a document without verifyable sources then I'm bound to question the authenticity. Like I said, though, that's a very different issue.

No, you are just a limited thinker. You seem to weigh opinion more heavilly than facts.

I guess you need a 30 second news feed?

In this case of outages/refinaries, I can still personally prove the list is incomplete.

All the more proving the point something is rotten in Denmark.

Also have you actually walked through the dates and places and can you honestly say there is a relationship between the two lists?

Forget it.

I tell you a square is a square and show you it has four sides, and you still want to know why I call it a circle.

Go toy with someone else.

I am done answering the same question over and over.

You ignored the entire point of protocol and control as it relates to national security.

Yes of course, the point of protocol.

:huh:
WTF?

This is your problem. You don't know how to independently look at facts. If you did, you wouldn't need someone else to keep deciphering 2 lists for you while you keep asking the same question over and over.

I decipher that as "I can't prove any trend and don't ask me to".

No, you are just a limited thinker. You seem to weigh opinion more heavilly than facts.

"Where do you get YOUR information?"

I think information, the best to be relied upon, almost always comes from the wackiest of sources.
It is those exact sources which are the only ones able to see that which the rest of us purposely block out because it doesn't fit our model of expected result.

Which works both ways, so no one is special for being "radical".

As I said, anyone with a sense of judgement can see each category shows its own trend of "unallowable" failures in a short compressed time span that cannot be random chance.

A conspiracy! :eek:

You opened this up asking whether coincidence is invovled and certainly now you have answered yourself.

I'd say the list doesn't prove it either way. Where did you get YOUR information?

Forum List

Back