Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by easyt65, Apr 10, 2017.

1. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    And you're dumb enough to believe he deserves it, have you had your hand out since birth or when you started kindergarten?

2. airplanemechanic

airplanemechanic Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Do you have proof the security officers lied? Because I have yet to see a single video that showed the entire incident from start to finish. I only saw bits and pieces. He wasn't swinging by the time they drug him away because he hit his head on the armrest acting like an idiot and about knocked himself out.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want that gay felon moron anywhere near me or any of my family members acting as a "doctor".

That being said, I'm glad they changed their policy. They shouldn't do what they did to that man, even though legally they could. But it still doesn't change the underlying fact that if a flight crew member tells you to disboard, you must do so. Notice their policy reads that they will "no longer request that a passenger deplane once boarded." It doesn't say that they CAN'T do that.

If the owner of the airplane, or a representative of the owner, i.e. flight crew members, tell you to get off, you get off. Post 9/11 you're an idiot if you buck the system like he did. There is no contract on the planet that says that once you pay for a ticket and sit your little pretty ass down in a seat that you can't be removed for any reason the airline chooses.

When you run the tail number of that airplane, the name that comes up on the registration has ultimate control of that airplane at all times. No COC or any other document will change the fact that if they say get off, get off. You can get your money back, but that's it. No airline is under any obligation to fly your happy ass anywhere. They WANT to, because that's how they make money, but they don't HAVE to.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,407
    United has admitted they were wrong and is changing policy because of their mistake. A little late however they are owning up to a bad situation and maybe they won't get sued.

4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +36,716
    "Do you have proof he was 'acting like an idiot' and knocked 'himself' out?"

Same thing. Welcome to the alt-fact farm, where you just pick your own and run with it.

5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,716
    Apparently United Airlines also believes he deserves it, huh. Oopsie.

That's why this thread is a psychoanalyist's wet dream --- all parties agree who's at fault, and you wags go on trying to get a client who's already pled guilty off the hook, Bizarro. :cuckoo:

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,563
    Plenty of witnesses to the incident

I haven't seen one who stood up for security

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,716
    So I go into the restaurant, get seated at a table, look over the menu. Looks good. I order my appetizer and main dish. Ten minutes later the waiter comes back and instead of my appetizer he's got security goons and demands I GTFO because the restaurant staff decided they're hungry and want my table....

Aaaand cue corporapologists........

"But wait" they'll say, "that's not the same thing!".

Point taken. I haven't paid for my purchase yet, whereas Dao already did pay for his.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  8. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,431
    ^ Decent analogy.

United fucked up that's all there is to it. As far as the consumers are concerned anything that happened /after/ they decided their crew was more important than paying customers is irrelevant. I hope they get put under frankly. (Though I don't see it happening, people have such short memories...)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    I almost forgot, you had your hand out too since birth...

It's amazing how many freeloaders we have in society today...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,716
    Oh have I now.

Link?

Haha, you spelled "fake news writers" wrong.