Income Tax

The government can't give you anything unless they take it away from somebody else.

Well why do they have to attack income can't they jack up sales tax and leave incomes alone?

You obviously don't know how government works - be it State of National government... They have people sitting around in smoke filled rooms figuring out ways that they can create new taxes. At this very moment, somewhere in government, there is somebody trying to figure out how to impose a tax on sex.

Last edited:
From your link : Since thirty-six states were needed for ratification, the failure of thirteen to ratify was fatal to the Amendment. This occurs within the major (first three) defects tabulated in Defects in Ratification of the 16th Amendment. Even if we were to ignore defects of spelling, capitalization and punctuation, we would still have only two states which successfully ratified.

If 13 states did not agree to it, how come we only have 7 states that have no state income tax? Shouldn't we have 13? Do you know off hand which 13 did not ratify?

Income tax makes no sense, why would you tax people for working?

Alaska
Florida
Nevada
South Dakota
Texas
Washington
Wyoming

The government can't give you anything unless they take it away from somebody else.

Well why do they have to attack income can't they jack up sales tax and leave incomes alone?

You obviously don't know how government works - be it State of National government... They have people sitting around in smoke filled rooms figuring out ways that they can create new taxes. At this very moment, somewhere in government, there is somebody trying to figure out how to impose a tax on sex.

I admit I don't I am just a student.

We have to pay the interest on our debt somehow

Well just cut corners, we could end a lot of military spending.

I agree. It would get spent on something else though. Spend spend spend! I used to be against cutting the military(like even 3 or 4 weeks ago) but I think it would be a good idea. At least offset all this damn SPENDING

Forum List

Back