Income Inequality Costs the US Economy $740 Billion

So what is income equality? Would that be everyone who does the same job getting paid the exact same? If this is the case should that still apply even when everyone doing the job does not do it equally or preform at the same level?

I don't see anything to back up those claims, are we supposed to take the claim as fact simply because it has a picture of a fat hack on it?

This has nothing to do with education and everything to do with greed. The middle class is very well educated and wage growth has been stagnant amongst this group for 30+ years while skyrocketing for CEO'S and executives. I can't believe people think this is an education issue, amazing.

So what is income equality? Would that be everyone who does the same job getting paid the exact same? If this is the case should that still apply even when everyone doing the job does not do it equally or preform at the same level?

Venezuela has very low income inequality. Because everyone is fucking poor and miserable and the middle class has fled. That's what the left wants this country to become.

This has nothing to do with education and everything to do with greed. The middle class is very well educated and wage growth has been stagnant amongst this group for 30+ years while skyrocketing for CEO'S and executives. I can't believe people think this is an education issue, amazing.

So 30 years ago people weren't greedy? Really? tell us all about it.

If our education system didn't instill an attitude of entitlement many more so-called educated people would become CEO's.
It is a problem with education, the only greed I see is the envy of those that have not achieved wealth.

When the income of the top 1% increases 275% over 30 years and middle class wages increase just 20% over the same timeframe, the result is today's economy. I don't understand how anyone thinks having most of the money in the hands of a few is good for an economy.

If our education system didn't instill an attitude of entitlement many more so-called educated people would become CEO's.
It is a problem with education, the only greed I see is the envy of those that have not achieved wealth.

When the income of the top 1% increases 275% over 30 years and middle class wages increase just 20% over the same timeframe, the result is today's economy. I don't understand how anyone thinks having most of the money in the hands of a few is good for an economy.

First off, most of the money is not in the hands of a few. Second, as you acknowledge, all income groups have gained. Today's economy is the result of Obama's failed economic policies, not the income earned by the top 1%.
Other than spouting nonsense, do you have anything to contribute here?

There will never be income equality. That is a childish idea drummed up by greedy, jealous parasites who think they are entitled to other people's wealth simply because they have more of it. Grow up.

First off, most of the money is not in the hands of a few. Second, as you acknowledge, all income groups have gained. Today's economy is the result of Obama's failed economic policies, not the income earned by the top 1%.
Other than spouting nonsense, do you have anything to contribute here?

Today's economy has been decades in the making. Fewer people control more of the wealth than anytime since the great depression.

You are bringing absolutely nothing to this conversation.

and exactly how do you think Obama's policies are solving this 'big problem' you have identified.....?

btw taxing them more isn't going to solve the problem....that will only increase govt.

So 5 years ago when UE was like 5% or less and GDP was growing at some kind of reasonable rate, was that decades in the making too?
You are spouting generalities with very little proof or logic. You'll have to do better to hang with the big boys.

and exactly how do you think Obama's policies are solving this 'big problem' you have identified.....?

btw taxing them more isn't going to solve the problem....that will only increase govt.

A balanced approach of taxing the wealthiest more and cutting government growth/spending.

So 5 years ago when UE was like 5% or less and GDP was growing at some kind of reasonable rate, was that decades in the making too?
You are spouting generalities with very little proof or logic. You'll have to do better to hang with the big boys.

Growth 5 years ago was fueled by a housing bubble, also decades in the making.

Both the republicans as well as the democrats have instituted policies that have brought us to the point we are at now.
In all fairness, it will require cooperation from both sides to fix it, and will take at least as much time as it took us to get into this mess. There are no quick fixes, and neither side can claim the high ground.

Both the republicans as well as the democrats have instituted policies that have brought us to the point we are at now.
In all fairness, it will require cooperation from both sides to fix it, and will take at least as much time as it took us to get into this mess. There are no quick fixes, and neither side can claim the high ground.

That's a very reasonable position that I can agree with.

Growth 5 years ago was fueled by a housing bubble, also decades in the making.

That;s your answer, really?
OK, we can go back to the Clinton era when UE was still like 5-6%. Was that also "decades in the making"?
You're proposing a fallacious argument: every bad economy is the result of things decades in the making;every good economy is merely a false pretense.
That is a fail. GDP is higher today than it was in any period 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. That means the gains were real, not illusory, as you propose.
The economy today is not decades in the making, except in the sense of failed economic theories hanging around. It is bad because of very specific policies and laws enacted under Obama.

Forum List

Back