Incivility from the Right to catch up with them

"Baby killer" shouter steps forward, highlights internal GOP dilemma - Yahoo! News

But the "Baby killer!" furor highlights a far more serious, long-term political dilemma for the Republicans: how to appear to be a respectable party capable of governing while also providing political shelter for the highly motivated, though vocally disruptive, protest wing of the party associated with the Tea Party movement. While many commentators are forecasting trouble ahead for Democrats identified with the health care bill, the GOP faces some major issues of its own.

Just look at the past weekend: Thousands of Tea Party protesters descended on Washington in an attempt to "kill the bill." It was an impressive turnout for a quickly organized protest—but coverage of the event soon was dominated by reports that some demonstrators had hurled racial and homophobic epithets at Democratic lawmakers as they entered the Capitol.

How can anyone take the Republicans seriously while they repeatedly surrender to right wing hate rhetoric?

The GOP is in lockstep with the Tea Baggers. They have NO desire to even APPEAR respectable. Luckily, their shenanigans over the weekend were caught on video and will make some very nice campaign ads.

Oh and..... for the record....

I support the right of the TEA Parties to protest.

I agree with much of what they say.

Oh and......

Stupak is a baby killer. Just callin' as I see it.

Think Progress GOP Rep. Nunes Excuses Racist, Homophobic Tea Partier Slurs As A Response To ?Totalitarian Tactics?

This morning on C-Span’s Washington Journal, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) justified the disturbing racist and homophobic epitaphs that angry tea baggers hurled yesterday at Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), and other House Democrats. Nunes insisted that everyone has a right to “smear” whoever they want and that the tea baggers’ behavior was understandable given the “crazy totalitarian tactics” that he alleges Democrats are engaged in:

SCULLY: A lot of angry comments aimed at a couple of your colleagues, including Barney Frank and Congressman John Lewis, using the “n” word as some of the protesters jeered at him as he walked through the halls of the Capitol.

NUNES: Yeah, well I think that when you use totalitarian tactics, people, you know, begin to act crazy. I think, you know, there’s people that have every right to say what they want. If they want to smear someone, they can do it. It’s not appropriate. And I think I would stop short of characterizing the 20,000 people protesting, that all of them were doing that –

SCULLY: — those are just some of the stories.

NUNES: Of course. I think the left loves to play a couple of incidents here or there.

that was before the vote. you can see, nunes was bribed to vote yes. :lol:

We're not responsible for the voices in Lewis's head and he can frankly go fuck himself for throwing napalm on an already tense situation

You liberals used to encourage vocal and passionate protests when you were pissed off about something the "man" was doing to you... The 60's ring a bell with you? The "Bush is Hitler" years?

Now you want civility?

Why the change?

Why should you fellows change at all? I don't think you should. Just keep yelling insults, no matter what the occasion. Threaton to move to another country. Theaton succession. Hell, wave your pop guns around in public. Really show all them thar lib-u-rals what you are made of.:lol:

I disagree with you.....******, ******, ******

I disagree with you .....so I will SPIT on you

I disagree with you....so you are a FAGGOT

I disagree with you ....so you are a BABY KILLER

I disagree with you so you are a COMMUNIST, MUSLIM, NAZI

This is the Right Wing of America today. Every time it happens it is an "isolated incident" "it's not us" "it was someone else" Meanwhile the right wing incites these morons on a daily basis and then shrugs their shoulders when these idiots do what they think their mentors want.

Still waiting for you assholes to post VIDEO FOOTAGE of these alleged events.

You DON'T because YOU CAN'T.

It never happened.

The events of this weekend were VERY HIGHLY COVERED by news outlets. How do you suppose it is there is NO VIDEO COVERAGE of the name calling and bad behavior being alleged? Just an amazing coincidence????

Fuck off you race-baiting nit-wit. When you have VIDEO FOOTAGE, get back to us about these allegations. Meanwhile, STFU and quit frothing at the mouth.

Would you like a Birth Certificate to go with that?

Think Progress GOP Rep. Nunes Excuses Racist, Homophobic Tea Partier Slurs As A Response To ?Totalitarian Tactics?

This morning on C-Span’s Washington Journal, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) justified the disturbing racist and homophobic epitaphs that angry tea baggers hurled yesterday at Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), and other House Democrats. Nunes insisted that everyone has a right to “smear” whoever they want and that the tea baggers’ behavior was understandable given the “crazy totalitarian tactics” that he alleges Democrats are engaged in:

SCULLY: A lot of angry comments aimed at a couple of your colleagues, including Barney Frank and Congressman John Lewis, using the “n” word as some of the protesters jeered at him as he walked through the halls of the Capitol.

NUNES: Yeah, well I think that when you use totalitarian tactics, people, you know, begin to act crazy. I think, you know, there’s people that have every right to say what they want. If they want to smear someone, they can do it. It’s not appropriate. And I think I would stop short of characterizing the 20,000 people protesting, that all of them were doing that –

SCULLY: — those are just some of the stories.

NUNES: Of course. I think the left loves to play a couple of incidents here or there.

that was before the vote. you can see, nunes was bribed to vote yes. :lol:

Actually, my point (floated over your head as per) was that the government tried to blackmail Nunes to support the bill.

Republicans have been sent into exile due to their poor performance while they were in office. Now they proudly expect to be accepted back. How do they expect America to forgive their past sins when they tolerate and excuse this type of behavior?

They were already forgiven in your state and in Mass weren't they, rocket scientist?

Forgiven?

New Jersey is still a Blue State. ex-governor Corzine was hated before Obama was even a candidate. He was a one term governor within months of election. Tea Baggers had nothing to do with it

sour-grapes.jpg

You liberals used to encourage vocal and passionate protests when you were pissed off about something the "man" was doing to you... The 60's ring a bell with you? The "Bush is Hitler" years?

Now you want civility?

Why the change?

How many of them were running a political party at the time?

they just don't get IT.

This is the Right Wing of America today. Every time it happens it is an "isolated incident" "it's not us" "it was someone else" Meanwhile the right wing incites these morons on a daily basis and then shrugs their shoulders when these idiots do what they think their mentors want.

It never happened.

The events of this weekend were VERY HIGHLY COVERED by news outlets. How do you suppose it is there is NO VIDEO COVERAGE of the name calling and bad behavior being alleged? Just an amazing coincidence????

Fuck off you race-baiting nit-wit. When you have VIDEO FOOTAGE, get back to us about these allegations. Meanwhile, STFU and quit frothing at the mouth.

So you are capable of being a foul mouthed lying bitch. Surprise, surprise.

Tea party turns into Klan rally

House Minority Leader John Boehner, who spoke this morning on Meet the Press, remarked that "the anti-gay and racial epithets directed at Democratic members of Congress were "reprehensible."

Man, when did Yahoo News become a propaganda arm for the Progressive party.

what friggen crapola spewed in that article.

another media outlet to WRITE off.

Remember folks, most of the Media has now become a ENEMY to us American citizens.

get you news elsewhere.
Narrowing choices for narrowing minds?

This is the result of thinking/believing/acting as if news media is the "ENEMY". What a pity some people go through life like this when it's wholly avoidable with cognition.

Dream on.

The left did the ultimate fuck you to teh nation, and you all will pay for it, at the ballot box.

LOL. We shall see in November. In the meantime, just keep saying NO! to everything. Financial reform is next, along with Cap and Trade.

President Obama gained some real political traction out of this. And now some of the Democrats that took the Health Insurance companies money have some making up to do, before the primaries. The next items on the agenda will pass faster, and with larger majorities.:lol:

Dream on.

The left did the ultimate fuck you to teh nation, and you all will pay for it, at the ballot box.

LOL. We shall see in November. In the meantime, just keep saying NO! to everything. Financial reform is next, along with Cap and Trade.

President Obama gained some real political traction out of this. And now some of the Democrats that took the Health Insurance companies money have some making up to do, before the primaries. The next items on the agenda will pass faster, and with larger majorities.:lol:
HA HA HA HA

The delusion of shit eaters like you is amazing.

Its even more astounding you can type with Barry's balls in your mouth.

Dream on.

Cap and Trade? LOL

There's more solid evidence for the tooth fairy than there is for AGW; even Newt walked away from any more appearances with Nancy about "Gullible Warming"

Too much tea party racism - Joan Walsh - Salon.com

It's worth more of my time to say what many resist: The tea party movement is disturbingly racist and reactionary, from its roots to its highest branches. On Saturday, as a small group of protesters jammed the Capitol and the streets around it, the movement's origins in white resistance to the Civil Rights Movement was impossible to ignore.

Civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis was taunted by tea partiers who chanted "******" at least 15 times, according to the Associated Press (we are not cleaning up language and using "the N-word" here because it's really important to understand what was said.) First reported on The Hill blog (no hotbed of left-wing fervor), the stories of Lewis being called "******" were confirmed by Lewis spokeswoman Brenda Jones and Democratic Rep. Andre Carson, who was walking with Lewis. "It was like going into the time machine with John Lewis," said Carson, a former police officer. "He said it reminded him of another time."

Another Congressional Black Caucus leader, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, was spat upon by protesters. The culprit was arrested, but Cleaver declined to press charges.

There were many reports that Rep. Barney Frank was called a "faggot" by protesters, but the one I saw personally was by CNN's Dana Bash, who seemed rattled by the tea party fury. Frank told AP: "It's a mob mentality that doesn't work politically."

Meanwhile, a brick came through the window at Rep. Louise Slaughter's Niagara Falls office on Saturday (the day she argued for her "Slaughter solution" to pass health care reform, though it was rejected by other Democrats on the House Rules Committee).

It never happened.

Would you like a Birth Certificate to go with that?

I was watching the news last night. None of the stations I watched had any video or audio of anything like whats described happening.

The Sen or Congressman who was shown will have to be the one verifying if anything did indeed occur.

If it did happen. Well shit like this happens when you have a large group of folks. There is always some wingnut who does crap like that.

Doesn't matter if its a Tea Partier or someone on the left protesting something.

Forum List

Back