alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Shocker: Rich Get Best Inaugural Seats | Sweetness & Light

On the Money Trail: Inauguration Perks Go To the Rich

VIP-seating at the "We Are One" Concert Among the Benefits for Big Donors

By JUSTIN ROOD, ANNA SCHECTER, and MEGAN CHUCHMACH

Jan. 19, 2009—President-elect Barack Obama billed his inauguration an event "for all Americans." But in the nation’s capital this long weekend, wealthy visitors are finding themselves a bit more equal — and warmer — than others.

Most Americans here to see President-elect Obama make history crammed onto buses and trains, slept on floors and fought crowds and cold. But the wealthiest Americans coming to see the event are enjoying all the perks their money and power ever warranted…

While hundreds of thousands of Americans spent hours in the cold to enjoy the "We Are One" inaugural concert Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial, a clutch of Obama’s top donors could watch from a heated tent near the performers, courtesy of the president-elect’s Inaugural Committee.

Visitors who hadn’t raised hundreds of thousands of dollars couldn’t get closer to the performance. "Excuse me! You got tickets? If you don’t have tickets, you have to go to ‘General Population,’" shouted a guard at an entrance near the memorial, gesturing with her arms to turn around and head back away from the show.

The concert was supposed to be part of "the people’s party," said Shawn Paterniti, who had come with his wife Mia from Columbia, Md., to see the show. "But still, you have the VIPs who want their front-row seats. So I guess they get their tickets no one knows about," he said, as he and his wife headed to join the "general population," far away from the performances…

Too busy looking out for the rich?
Er, uhm, uhh, I mean poor.

you know what? if i wrote a $50,000 check to help pay for the inauguration, I'd damn well expect a good seat at the show.

can't you stick to actual matters of import. I'm sure you'll disagree with him on thigns. But this silliness just smacks of sour grapes.

you know what? if i wrote a $50,000 check to help pay for the inauguration, I'd damn well expect a good seat at the show.

can't you stick to actual matters of import. I'm sure you'll disagree with him on thigns. But this silliness just smacks of sour grapes.

Sour grapes my fat ass ............ for more than 50 years our family has slaved to prop politicians up, the least we could get are some back stage passes. Take main street away and see how well we all do.

Bill Clinton had sex on the clock and I didn't even get any cheap pictures of it.

Nixon had fun taping people on my dime and I didn't even get a seat in the courtroom.

Kennedy got Maryland on my dime and I didn't even get send an autographed Christmas card!

Enough is enough. I want my perks!

Crap, I came in here thinking it was "Inauguration Perks Go to the Bitch".

Inauguration Perks Go To the Rich

While hundreds of thousands of Americans spent hours in the cold to enjoy the "We Are One" inaugural concert Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial, a clutch of Obama’s top donors could watch from a heated tent near the performers, courtesy of the president-elect’s Inaugural Committee.

The judges rate this thread a 7 out of ten, for manufactured faux outrage

And you would know ALL about sour grapes too..seeing as how you squeezed the hell outta them for the last 8 years...

Don't forget the terrorists we are officially looking out for them now!

Kansas state government has already passed a resolution saying they will not accept any Guantanamo prisoners at Leavenworth (even though they are powerless to stop that).

Send them all to Vermont and Lehey's house. He can house them all, after all he loves them...

He has already frozen wages at the whitehouse for the top brass.It is a good start, sends out the right kind of message.

He has already frozen wages at the whitehouse for the top brass.It is a good start, sends out the right kind of message.

Really? You bought that bullshit? Gee, I wonder if the ripoff strategist that have done such a great job of fooling the world about an empty suit might have come up with the brilliant plan of paying the top brass what they would have made after a few raises and then just told the world how their wages are frozen....... I guess the world doesn't get that they are dealing with a group of people(the Democrats) that will say and do whatever they have to, to keep their power, no lie is too big.

Really? You bought that bullshit? Gee, I wonder if the ripoff strategist that have done such a great job of fooling the world about an empty suit might have come up with the brilliant plan of paying the top brass what they would have made after a few raises and then just told the world how their wages are frozen....... I guess the world doesn't get that they are dealing with a group of people(the Democrats) that will say and do whatever they have to, to keep their power, no lie is too big.

obamalama was all about improving life for those making less than 250 grand a year. First damn thing he does is freeze their salaries.. right after he blew the FEMA funds..he's sending a message all right. I heard on the TV they closed an entire runway at Dulles International just so the Hollywood jet set could land their private jets. That's and environmental message we can believe in riiiight?

obamalama was all about improving life for those making less than 250 grand a year. First damn thing he does is freeze their salaries.. right after he blew the FEMA funds..he's sending a message all right. I heard on the TV they closed an entire runway at Dulles International just so the Hollywood jet set could land their private jets. That's and environmental message we can believe in riiiight?

Well, that and all the so called "green" democrats trashing the inaguration location with their garbage...how very environment friendly of them..

Bet the frauds didn't even fill up their tires before the trip to DC.

People with money get perks? Oh my, what has the world come to?

This faux outrage is surely a story worthy of Faux news.

Forum List

Back