Inappropriate Behavior in A Time of War

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Truly "Inappropriate" Behavior
By Frank Gaffney, Center for Security Policy
February 12, 2007

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged." — President Abraham Lincoln

It is, of course, unimaginable that the penalties proposed by one of our most admired presidents for the crime of dividing America in the face of the enemy would be contemplated — let alone applied — today. Still, as the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate engage in interminable debate about resolutions whose effects can only be to "damage morale and undermine the military" while emboldening our enemies, it is time to reflect on what constitutes inappropriate behavior in time of war.

for full article:
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/gaffney/070212

but it is not it fall into the category of the "war on poverty" or "the war on drugs" and we all know what a great success thats been
Those war on poverty was a democrat initiative so that's not a valid comparrison.

Actually as the democrats are so bent on causing the war on terrorism to fail we may have a chance.

What do you mean penalties for wartime "inappropriate behavior?"

Are you saying that if a member of congress disagrees with the presidents foreign policy, he should be punished?

Thats the point of the 3 branch system, to check each branch and not give complete power to any single branch. Thats freedom of speach my friend.

Abraham lincon was a great president of his time, but this is a new era and you cant go around having slaves and hanging people who bad mouth you. Even the constitution has some outdated parts to it, thats why almost every sinlgle president is amending one thing or another during his term.

WHY? Isn't Iran next anyway? Come-on, grow a pair!:eusa_whistle:

Let "The Party of the Decider" decide! They supposedly know what’s correct for America, the Middle East and every where else - show us all what you’re made of!

I wouldn't worry. We will not attack Iran until they attack Israel. The fear is not the US mainland, unless by proxy. We will wait, but are preparing for after the fact. The democrats will be leading the 'charge.'

WHY? Isn't Iran next anyway? Come-on, grow a pair!:eusa_whistle:

Let "The Party of the Decider" decide! They supposedly know what’s correct for America, the Middle East and every where else - show us all what you’re made of!

I've said all along that Bush is a better politician than a Conservative. If I was Prez, We'd have declared war on not just Iraq and Iran, but Syria as well. Then again, someone with balls as big as mine could never be elected in the femanized US of A.

The whole reason of this thread has been missed by those that hang on to the left's outlook on this war.

There is NO difference between Lincolns war, and Bush's war.

Those that oppose it, would do anything, including treason to promote their agenda.

Everyone is allowed, and in fact encouraged, to have their opinion, but to, at EVERY opportunity, run the president down, support our enemies, and are willing to support the agenda of our enemy, well, that is wrong, its treasonist, and it shouldn't be part of those rights, that American citizens enjoy.

Forum List

Back