Inalienable Rights

Well Rightwinger?

WHERE ARE YOU NOW THAT OBAMA IS IN OFFICE DOING THE SAME THINGS?

I have already posted. I oppose Gitmo regardless of who is President. I think all remaining prisoners should be tried or released.

I opposed the Patriot act under Bush and still oppose it now that Obama is President

Thank you for making that clear :clap2:

- The Right to face your accusor
- The Right to a fair and speedy trial
- The Right to an attorney
- The Right to remain silent
- The Right to humane treatment

These are the rights our founding fathers fought for. Not some petty grievances because a political party other than your own is in power. Where was the Tea Party when the Government was trampling on basic human rights?

Those are not inalienable rights but procederial rights that the government can alter at any time and human rights are pretty much garbage as a concept anyways. The rights you possess as a part of your creation are non-removable.

Thats a fundamental difference in the "TeaBaggers" and you lefties who practice getting teabagged. We believe we also have a right to self defense as individuals and as a nation. We have a rigth to not be blown up by an Islamic whackjob.

So, if our military decides that enemy combatant needs to be held to protect this country, so be it. We dont' give a fuc* if that makes our motives "suspect" around the world. Maybe you lefties care what a guy in a French wine shop says about you, but we really don't. These combatants, and the homelands they come from, wouldn't have a Gitmo in their homeland, because they would just kill their captives. Here, they live better than they did there, and better than many poor people in the US already. "Cruel"? I think not. Safer for us? Absolutely.

So, there you go. WE believe in the rights of our citizens, including the right to self defense. Gitmo is a self defense action. Consider it our nations own concealed weapons permit to keep YOU and ME safe from Ahkmed Jihad Durka Durka Muhammed. But, I'm sure you'd rather roll the dice on safety than dare dream of harming what Pierre the cheese vendor in Paris thinks of you, right?

Interesting post...

Teabaggers believe they have a right not to get blown up by Islamic whackjobs....then where were the teabaggers when 3000 Americans lost their lives in terrorist attacks under BusH?

Hypocrites one and all

Dose the phrase "provide for the common defense" ring any bells in your hollow head? And where were the liberals when Japan attacked us at Pearl Harbor? Where were they when the Maine was blown up?
Progressives like you will sit back and blame the US for attacks agtainst us and then do everything you can to insure they happen again.
This is the difference: the right loves Americans, the left despises them.

It was the liberals who lead us to victory in WWII.

Interesting post...

Teabaggers believe they have a right not to get blown up by Islamic whackjobs....then where were the teabaggers when 3000 Americans lost their lives in terrorist attacks under BusH?

Hypocrites one and all

Dose the phrase "provide for the common defense" ring any bells in your hollow head? And where were the liberals when Japan attacked us at Pearl Harbor? Where were they when the Maine was blown up?
Progressives like you will sit back and blame the US for attacks agtainst us and then do everything you can to insure they happen again.

You mean like Eisenhower?

Interesting post...

Hypocrites one and all

I thought it was the generals, the military strategists, our soldiers, pilots, and seamen, and Rosie the Riveter [the Feminist]?

Like FDR and Truman

Pre Pearl Harbor conservatives were still fighting for appeasement and isolationism. Liberal FDR recognized the need for the US getting involved in containing japan and Germany.

It was FDR who turned the US into a military and economic superpower

Like FDR and Truman

Pre Pearl Harbor conservatives were still fighting for appeasement and isolationism. Liberal FDR recognized the need for the US getting involved in containing japan and Germany.

FDR led troops in battle? I had no idea.

Actually it is the liberals today who are the isolationists. Who is it demanding we get out of Iraq? Who opposed that from the very beginning? Who swept into office promising to appease dictators like Kim Jong Il and Hugo Chavez? Who whines about U.S. hegemony?
You are the biggest hypocrite to walk the planet.

These are the rights our founding fathers fought for. Not some petty grievances because a political party other than your own is in power. Where was the TeaParty when the Government was trampling on basic human rights?

Those rights are reserved for the citizens of the United States of America. Show me when and where the govt. trampled on these rights.

Citizenship has nothing to do with it....read the Constitution. Any foreigner is provided the same rights as an American when accused of a crime

Show me in the Constitution where it states they everybody in the whole world has constitutional protection.

These are the rights our founding fathers fought for. Not some petty grievances because a political party other than your own is in power. Where was the TeaParty when the Government was trampling on basic human rights?

Those rights are reserved for the citizens of the United States of America. Show me when and where the govt. trampled on these rights.

Why, if the founders believed we have inalienable rights granted by God would they believe that God only wanted US citizens to have those rights?

God is an American?

Ask them. I know that the constitution protects American citizens, not everyone in the entire world.

Ask them. I know that the constitution protects American citizens, not everyone in the entire world.

If you accept the premise that the rights came from God, and not from the Constitution, then you very well should feel they're for all humans.

(not that I personally accept that premise, but assuming you do.....it makes no sense at all to feel that they're only for Americans. I don't see how that logic is even justifiable).

Even Obama is rethinking his position on giving miranda rights to terrorist.

“If we are going to have a system that is capable of dealing, in a public safety context, with this new threat,” Holder said on ABC’s This Week Sunday. “I think we have to give serious consideration to at least modifying that public safety exception.”

Modifying that exception, Holder said, is “one of the things that I think we’re going to be reaching out to Congress to do – to come up with a proposal that is both Constitutional, but that is also relevant to our time and the threat that we now face.”

Holder said that the U.S. needs to examine whether the current rules regarding Miranda warnings give law enforcement agents the “necessary flexibility” when dealing with terrorism cases.
Attorney General blasted for wanting to ?kill? Miranda rights - USWGO Alternative News

Actually the wording in the Constitution only refers to people. Not citizens specifically.

Personally I think the wording should be changed to citizens.

If you accept the premise that the rights came from God, and not from the Constitution, then you very well should feel they're for all humans.

(not that I personally accept that premise, but assuming you do.....it makes no sense at all to feel that they're only for Americans. I don't see how that logic is even justifiable).

Your confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence

I'm referring to the premise that Rights come from a Creator, and not the Constitution or the Government, etc.

If you believe they're from a creator, you believe all humans have them I'd assume, or else I'd like to see the logic for otherwise.

I'm referring to the premise that Rights come from a Creator, and not the Constitution or the Government, etc.

If you believe they're from a creator, you believe all humans have them I'd assume, or else I'd like to see the logic for otherwise.

Yes all humans have those basic rights, however the Constitution is designed to protect the citizens of the United States.

Surely you're not as stupid as you try to appear.

Like FDR and Truman

Actually it is the liberals today who are the isolationists. Who is it demanding we get out of Iraq? Who opposed that from the very beginning? Who swept into office promising to appease dictators like Kim Jong Il and Hugo Chavez? Who whines about U.S. hegemony?

Is George Will a liberal?
Isolationism beliefs know no party affiliation.

Like FDR and Truman

Ever hear about "Commander in Chief" ?

Most Americans want us the hell out of Iraq...not just liberals

I'd like you to show me where President Obama ever promised to appease Kim Jong Il or Chavez....making stuff up again rabbi?

Yes all humans have those basic rights, however the Constitution is designed to protect the citizens of the United States.

Why the insult?> And no, nothing I said was stupid at all.

It's my opinion that anyone who doesn't know the intent of the Constitution and who it was designed to protect, is indeed stupid. Sorry about the insult, but if the shoe fits....

It's my opinion that anyone who doesn't know the intent of the Constitution and who it was designed to protect, is indeed stupid. Sorry about the insult, but if the shoe fits....

It's funny cuz coincidentally, I think you're stupid. Or, a pussy. Either/or, take your pick. You believe the rights are for all humans, but you only give a shit in defending them when it's within your selfish lil' borders. Believe me, this ain't shit to do with the Constitution.

Forum List

Back