In Your Opinion, What Would Create the Most Jobs?

The Balanced Budget Act?

I wonder if it was the effect of Reagan/Bush Presidencies?

After all, as Obama says, the economy of today is the fault of the PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION, right?

Get with the program, Sammy. Under the auspices of The One:

Everything Good is due to Obama.

Everything Bad is Bush, the GOP, and Evul Corporations' Fault.

I hope this means I'll catch more than One Trout this year.:confused:

In the long term it would be deficit elimination combined with a Constitutional amendment to require this, except for war expenditures.

Short term, it would probably be some type of credit easing for small businesses.

Now that's what Hoover thought, just saying...

:eek:

hey....they track it for a REASON and have years and years and years of statistics now that supports such....

now, what measures were taken to give consumers confidence is a whole 'nuther' story...

with clinton it took the balanced budget act and higher taxes on some i believe, to show consumers that their gvt was going to focus on fiscal responsibility and curbing the gvt growing debt....

The Balanced Budget Act?

After all, as Obama says, the economy of today is the fault of the PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION, right?
did ghwb take steps to make the reagan inherited economy worse?

did clinton take steps to make the GhWB economy inherited worse?

did gwb take steps to make the clinton economy inherited worse?

did obama take steps to make the bush economy inherited worse?

i think most can say yes to all of those presidents, but one....clinton and his congress...has been the only fiscally responsible presidency.

(ghwb is arguable, some say yes, some say no.)

:eek:

hey....they track it for a REASON and have years and years and years of statistics now that supports such....

now, what measures were taken to give consumers confidence is a whole 'nuther' story...

with clinton it took the balanced budget act and higher taxes on some i believe, to show consumers that their gvt was going to focus on fiscal responsibility and curbing the gvt growing debt....

The Balanced Budget Act?

i think most can say yes to all of those presidents, but one....clinton and his congress...has been the only fiscally responsible presidency.

"His" congress? Clinton's Congress?????

Congrees controls fiscal responsibility.

Do you know how long democrats controlled congress between 1993 and 2001?

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm

Only ONE of the EIGHT years, 1993, did Democrats control Congress.

heh...Democrats have controlled congress since 2007.

Great job they're doing, huh?

Last edited:
The Balanced Budget Act?

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

yes, i know perfectly how long the dems controlled congress under clinton....long enough to put the clinton fiscal measures in place that began us on that road without a single republican's vote and their faux cries of his plan being the end of America as we know it...

well God bless those dems, they may have lost their seats over it, but they did put America FIRST....and yes, the republicans followed suit, and did i better job than i could have imagined.

yes, congress legislates and spends but the President has veto power (and sets/develops the budget)....clinton used it.

The Balanced Budget Act?

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

2 years, 1993 and 1994.

And please tell us what legislation since 2007 the Dems were able to pass over the record number of GOP filibusters and Bush's veto pen that damaged the great Bush economy.
NONE
If you CON$ were capable of being honest, you would admit the economy crashed in 2007 as a result of the inertia of the GOP control of both houses of Congress and the White House since 2001.

2 years, 1993 and 1994.

And please tell us what legislation since 2007 the Dems were able to pass over the record number of GOP filibusters and Bush's veto pen that damaged the great Bush economy.
NONE
If you CON$ were capable of being honest, you would admit the economy crashed in 2007 as a result of the inertia of the GOP control of both houses of Congress and the White House since 2001.

:eusa_boohoo:

I'd look it up, but I'm exausted from deflecting other ridiculous allegations.

How about you put something up that has some factual basis, instead of frothy partisan sputterings?

2 years, 1993 and 1994.

NONE

How about you put something up that has some factual basis, instead of frothy partisan sputterings?

GWB only vetoed 5 bills

yes, i know perfectly how long the dems controlled congress under clinton....long enough to put the clinton fiscal measures in place that began us on that road without a single republican's vote and their faux cries of his plan being the end of America as we know it...

well God bless those dems, they may have lost their seats over it, but they did put America FIRST....and yes, the republicans followed suit, and did i better job than i could have imagined.

yes, congress legislates and spends but the President has veto power (and sets/develops the budget)....clinton used it.

What were "Clinton fiscal measures?"

Please, enlighten me.

hint: The Balanced Budget Act was signed in 1997, when Republicans controlled congress.

:lol:

Last edited:
^^^ Yep. And that bill along with Welfare Reform saved the Clinton Legacy. Without Newt Gingrich, he would have been a train wreck, ironically.

You are such a party pooper, surprisingly.

2 years, 1993 and 1994.

NONE

So, you can't show anything passed by the Dem Congress and signed by Bush that caused the 2007 crash.
Thank you.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/01/opinion/main6254354.shtml

The frequency of filibusters - plus threats to use them - are measured by the number of times the upper chamber votes on cloture. Such votes test the majority's ability to hold together 60 members to break a filibuster.

In the 110th Congress of 2007-2008, with Republicans in the minority, there were a record 112 cloture votes. In the current session of Congress - the 111th - for all of 2009 and the first two months of 2010 the number already exceeds 40. The most the filibuster has been used when Democrats were in the minority was 58 times in the 106th Congress of 1999-2000.

Last edited:
2 years, 1993 and 1994.

NONE

GWB only vetoed 5 bills
So, on the rare occasion that the Dem Congress could get a bill past the GOP filibusters, Bush vetoed it.

So again what bill did the Dem Congress get past the record number of GOP filibusters that was not vetoed by Bush that caused the 2007 crash?

2 years, 1993 and 1994.

NONE

So, you can't show anything passed by the Dem Congress and signed by Bush that caused the 2007 crash.
Thank you.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/01/opinion/main6254354.shtml

The frequency of filibusters - plus threats to use them - are measured by the number of times the upper chamber votes on cloture. Such votes test the majority's ability to hold together 60 members to break a filibuster.

In the 110th Congress of 2007-2008, with Republicans in the minority, there were a record 112 cloture votes. In the current session of Congress - the 111th - for all of 2009 and the first two months of 2010 the number already exceeds 40. The most the filibuster has been used when Democrats were in the minority was 58 times in the 106th Congress of 1999-2000.

First, this is what I get from your linky:

The page cannot be found
The page you requested cannot be found on the CBS News website.

But, thanks for playing.

Second, you seem to believe you are making a point: That the entire economy in 2007 depended upon the passage a Democratic Authored Bills.

What were they?

Frankly, all you've proven is that Democrats author more ridiculous legislation than Republicans.

Forum List

Back