In yer opinion...the BEST sci fi flick ever is.....

The original Tron was pretty fucking badass..

tron_guy.jpg

Shogy is that what you wore to the premiere of the new one?....just askin.....
I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

I agree with Jillian about Fifth Element being fantastic too.

No Blade Runner, but... damn fine.

Twilight zone, and the Outter limits were great sci fi series. The "Cube" series is great if you get a chance to see it, I don't think it was out at the movies. It is on dvd, and it is one of three. "Cube 2", "Cube : Zero"

Dune is sci fi, I think.

Based on the raves Serenity has rec'd here and on Netflix, I'm watching it now. It just started, looks awesome!

Aliens (2nd one)
Terminator 2
Jurassic Park (all 3)
District 9 (Was surprising to me; I hope for a sequel!)
X-men – All three
The Core (Aaron Eckhart one)
Deep Impact
Outbreak (Dustin Hoffman/Morgan Freeman one)
Armaggedon
Species 1
Planet of the Apes (all of them)
Independence Day
Iron Man
Star Wars
Contact
Cloverfield
King Kong
I Robot
War of the Worlds
..probably more

Last edited:
Contact with Jodie Foster.
Good story without violence and has elements from other genres, but the love-story should've been excluded from the movie. The love-story is the only minus-point in the plot.
I watch it at least once a year.

Invasion of the body snatchers.

Only movie to give me nightmares. [horro-sci-fi, blah blah blah]

As a kid Star Wars was epic, as an adult I noticed no one was that good at acting.

Tron stood the test of time for me.

Alien and Aliens!

Total Recall...

Minority Report and the one where the big spaceships are buried in the earth...with Tom Cruise...

Star Wars, of course...and the new Star Trek; AWESOME tho i have never made it through the whole movie without falling asleep, lol.

I have a lot of sci fi faves. I love Galaxy Quest, too. So funny, it's always funny.

So is Spaceballs.

i actually like all of those, although i've never seen alien and aliens so don't know if i'd like it.

i love The Fifth Element. love...love... love... love...

Dune was great, too.
I was majorly disappointed in Dune. I loved, loved, loved the books, but the movie did not deliver at all for me.

The worms were not there, and the music far to pretentious .

So many really good ones, so few truly great ones.

I'll go with the original Star Wars, simply because it blew the doors off of everything that came before and set the standard for all which followed.

Speaking of redefining the standard and blowing the doors off of all that came before, Star Trek '09 is easily the best feature of the Trek franchise...Hope the next ones don't fall off as dramatically as its predecessors.

Forum List

Back