In yer opinion...the BEST sci fi flick ever is.....

My favs:

The Dune miniseries
Road Warrior
Planet of the Apes
Forbidden Planet
The Day The Earth Stood Still (original)
Blade Runner
Total Recall
Moon
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original)
Serenity
Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan
Alien and Aliens
and of course, Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (the Return of the Jedi jumped the shark with the Ewoks, imo)

Forbidden Planet is the movie by which all other movies should be judged.

Moon was excellent. Thanks for that reminder as well.

The original black & white version of The Thing (from another world), with James Arness, released in 1951. I believe that movie remains the most realistically convincing bit of space visitor sci-fi I've ever seen.

The current version doesn't begin to compare with it in any way.

Beyond ThunderDome. Loved that one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gi_IGuKx4U]YouTube - Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)[/ame]

A lot of my faves have been mentioned, except "Westworld".

"Minority Report" is the best thing Speilberg has ever done, after "Schindler's List".

Yes - better than "E.T. - The Extraterrestrial".

Oh..oh...Schindlers List is awesome. Maybe I need to go on down the line of Best Drama, Best Historical, Best Foreign, Best Action, etc etc etc.

Slumdog Millionaire was great too. But which category would it fall under? Foreign? Drama?

129-12-Monkeys.jpg

Alien and Aliens!

Total Recall...

Minority Report and the one where the big spaceships are buried in the earth...with Tom Cruise...

Star Wars, of course...and the new Star Trek; AWESOME tho i have never made it through the whole movie without falling asleep, lol.

I have a lot of sci fi faves. I love Galaxy Quest, too. So funny, it's always funny.

So is Spaceballs.

i actually like all of those, although i've never seen alien and aliens so don't know if i'd like it.

i love The Fifth Element. love...love... love... love...

Dune was great, too.

Alien and Aliens!

Total Recall...

Minority Report and the one where the big spaceships are buried in the earth...with Tom Cruise...

Star Wars, of course...and the new Star Trek; AWESOME tho i have never made it through the whole movie without falling asleep, lol.

I have a lot of sci fi faves. I love Galaxy Quest, too. So funny, it's always funny.

So is Spaceballs.

i actually like all of those, although i've never seen alien and aliens so don't know if i'd like it.

Dune was great, too.
I was majorly disappointed in Dune. I loved, loved, loved the books, but the movie did not deliver at all for me.

Alien and Aliens!

Total Recall...

So is Spaceballs.

Dune was great, too.
I was majorly disappointed in Dune. I loved, loved, loved the books, but the movie did not deliver at all for me.

check this si, the movie blew chunks agreed.

this is very much better, an Oscar winning cinematographer, excellent acting...5.5 hours, time to tell the story.

Frank Herbert's Dune (Sci-Fi TV Miniseries) (Special Edition Director's Cut) (3-Disc DVD Set) (2000)

amazon

Dune was great, too.

check this si, the movie blew chunks agreed.

this is very much better, an Oscar winning cinematographer, excellent acting...5.5 hours, time to tell the story.

Frank Herbert's Dune (Sci-Fi TV Miniseries) (Special Edition Director's Cut) (3-Disc DVD Set) (2000)

amazon
No waaaaaaaay!!!!!!

Yippee!

*getting credit card to order one*

Thanks, Traj!

My favorites are:

All 6 Star Wars
Total Recall
Blade Runner
The Matrix
Armageddon
Men in Black
Terminator 1 & 2
Demolition Man
Judge Dredd
Road Warrior
Time Cop
Back to the Future
Star Trek

Blade Runner

Of course, it couldn't hold a candle to the original novel. Few movies ever do.
Absolutely visionary. The special effects, story, acting and concepts hold up even to this day. Rare is the movie that can do that. Watch the making of 4 hour movie called "Dangerous Days". Incredible.

Forum List

Back