In win for workers NCAA,EA Sports to pay 60 million to college atheletes

For workers? The highest estimate I have seen for the "workers" is $6,700.

The lawyers are splitting between $18 million and $19.8 million.

Looks like a win for the lawyers.

they are trying to get that narrowed down so the workers get more. This is a win for workers of college teams to unionize and benefit from their likeness being used.

they are trying to get that narrowed down so the workers get more. This is a win for workers of college teams to unionize and benefit from their likeness being used.

The $18 million IS the narrowed down amount. They took it from 33% to 30%. Being generous and all.

I have no problem with players being compensated for the use of their image or even being paid for their work.

The biggest problem I have is that the degree they can earn does not seem to matter in this discussion. And the "star" players get money while the supporting players (without whom there would be no stars) don't get a nickel. The quarterback who gets money for his likeness was protected by offensive linemen who get little or nothing. They hit someone and got hit every single play, whereas the QB doesn't get hit nearly so often. The linemen are the ones who end up with brain injuries.

Forum List

Back