In What Real or Imagined Scenario Would/Did You Put America First?

Rick Blaine remain uncommitted until that foggy night at the airport in Casablanca.

It was to his credit that he finally engaged in the struggle for liberty but it was quite unlikely a man like Rick would have waited so long to figure out it is better to support the system of government that permits you the lifestyle you are accustomed to taking for granted.

Lack of a sense of patriotism may inspire some to think of you as a maverick but I think you are just unwilling to commit to America.

That is a shortcoming, as I see it.

In my lifetime there has been no credible threat to the liberty of US citizens.
Despite that lack of threat our government has sent tens of thousands of brave men and women to their deaths with wanton disregard.

I'll protect the people I care about until my last breath. Those people are my America. Some politician who sends others to die for dubious reasons is not.

Yeah, well, see, the problem with that is that anyone can say what you're saying there to justify never doing anything.

Start with the current prez, and go all the way back to Gen. Washington: there is no way to look at any administration without having a bone or two to pick with what you believe may have been their underlying motives for their having led us into war.

If everyone had your unfortunate mindset, we'd still be under the British Throne.

But then again the British were a credible threat to the liberty of the people.

As I said there has not been a credible threat in my lifetime. Or yours either I'll wager.

In my lifetime there has been no credible threat to the liberty of US citizens.
Despite that lack of threat our government has sent tens of thousands of brave men and women to their deaths with wanton disregard.

I'll protect the people I care about until my last breath. Those people are my America. Some politician who sends others to die for dubious reasons is not.

Yeah, well, see, the problem with that is that anyone can say what you're saying there to justify never doing anything.

Start with the current prez, and go all the way back to Gen. Washington: there is no way to look at any administration without having a bone or two to pick with what you believe may have been their underlying motives for their having led us into war.

If everyone had your unfortunate mindset, we'd still be under the British Throne.

As I said there has not been a credible threat in my lifetime. Or yours either I'll wager.

You just weren't made aware of the "credible threats" which have been dealt with and you've never taken the time to define for yourself what really is a "credible threat."

At least that would be my guess.

Tutored and taught handicapped and in need. Buy American, support unions and a fair wage always. Buy local, avoid Walmart type businesses. Donate to groups who help, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities.... and etc etc....

Military service during Nam but sent to other overseas location.

Served on three criminal case juries, two guilty one acquitted.

Voted for several local and state republicans although today I have lost faith in the corporate managed republicans and the loony stupid fringe that manages their ideas.

Make every effort to support made in America by Americans. I would also like to see the American worker and small business owner speak up and call out the dishonesty of tax evasion, out sourcing, loss of manufacturing, cheap stuff from China, as well a more moral tax system in which those who benefit most from America's resources and freedoms pay their fair share.

Writing Unions Out of the Story on Fighting Poverty - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/128477-did-obama-save-gm-3.html#post2607852

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/280343-a-world-without-work-3.html#post6871448
http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/220510-the-greatest-job-creator-of-all-time.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...naires-are-obligated-to-give.html#post7173896

old post:

'Join me this weekend'

I was riding home today after a middle distance bicycle ride, tired and a bit out of shape when I started counting cars, America - foreign, American - foreign. It occurred to me if only a small percentage of these people, the people who can afford more than a used clunker, bought American there would be no problems in one of our largest industries today. And lots of people would have a job and lots of businesses would be OK. May even help those incompetent bankers.

So I started giving thumbs up for American and thumbs down for foreign. Hard to distinguish which foreign car is made here, but no need I am a bit of a hard core American when it comes to cars. My '55' Chevy was my first love.

I'm sure the people thought me spastic, as my left hand thumb pointed up, then down, then up as cars drove by. Did anyone figure it out I wondered. Who is this nut! So if the whiners who lost the election can out of the blue, protest taxes, can we not protest something that has been going on for years due to cheaper prices, support structures, and no pensions, but still is having an insidious affect on our industrial base?

So if you own foreign go to you nearest mirror and give yourself a thumbs down, and if you own American and thus support all of us and America, a thumbs up is due and thank you. Take to the streets and express yourself. The bankers thank you too.

Oh, and my bicycle is made in America too.

You make me want to be a better American.

You just weren't made aware of the "credible threats" which have been dealt with and you've never taken the time to define for yourself what really is a "credible threat."

So the government can just make shit up and you'd believe it?

And if our way of life was threatened I think we'd know it. It wouldn't be some lone wacko with a bomb.

But the government relies on people for whom "Because I said so" is a good enough answer and it seems we still have plenty of those sheep around.

And if our way of life was threatened I think we'd know it. It wouldn't be some lone wacko with a bomb.

But the government relies on people for whom "Because I said so" is a good enough answer and it seems we still have plenty of those sheep around.

When you have enough miles under your wheels you can, if you are sharp, tell when they are lying or not and who is lying the most.

And while you are still getting shit wrong, I'm looking at the state of affairs in Washington, D.C. and I KNOW there are some threats against America which have been real and real close but which we haven't been informed of.

You assume you are the epitome of discernment but you barely know shit from Shinola, so what to you constitutes a "credible threat?"

When you have enough miles under your wheels you can, if you are sharp, tell when they are lying or not and who is lying the most.

And while you are still getting shit wrong, I'm looking at the state of affairs in Washington, D.C. and I KNOW there are some threats against America which have been real and real close but which we haven't been informed of.

You assume you are the epitome of discernment but you barely know shit from Shinola, so what to you constitutes a "credible threat?"

So once again you choose to trust a government that won't tell you the truth?

You just know there has been a threat large enough to destroy our way of life that has been thwarted.

You've been watching too much TV.

Maybe some of you are being modest.

Okay. So, I will lead off.

Even though I'm Black and take pride in being alive to see the first Black POTUS I put America first before my Black pride.

I believed Obama would be lesser able to lead America than Mitt Romney so, I voted with my brain.

I voted for Mitt Romney, the man I believed would be best for AMERICA.

Not BO, the one who would give me a cheap, hollow thrill that would soon depart once the business of governing overwhelmed his meager qualifications for the job.

As a ladies man at one period in my life, I know what it is like to sweet talk someone and then disappoint them after getting what I wanted.

That's why i could see exactly that Obama was doing this same thing to America. To suck asses and dopes and rubes.

In any event, rather than voting for obama I did what I thought was best for America.

What have YOU done for your country lately?

Good post!

What have I done, what do I do?

1. Retired military.

2. I pay confiscatory federal income taxes so that half of the population doesn't have to pay a dime.

3. Always vote conservative.

Even though I'm Black and take pride in being alive to see the first Black POTUS I put America first before my Black pride.

I believed Obama would be lesser able to lead America than Mitt Romney so, I voted with my brain.

Not BO, the one who would give me a cheap, hollow thrill that would soon depart once the business of governing overwhelmed his meager qualifications for the job.

As a ladies man at one period in my life, I know what it is like to sweet talk someone and then disappoint them after getting what I wanted.

That's why i could see exactly that Obama was doing this same thing to America. To suck asses and dopes and rubes.

In any event, rather than voting for obama I did what I thought was best for America.

Good post!

What have I done, what do I do?

1. Retired military.

2. I pay confiscatory federal income taxes so that half of the population doesn't have to pay a dime.

3. Always vote conservative.

On behalf of your fellow citizens who served in the military as well as for those who are still serving a grateful nation, I thank you for your service and your tax money.

:)

Wow! Has anyone organized a parade in your honor yet?

Wow! Has anyone organized a parade in your honor yet?

Wow! Have you no appreciation of Pres. John F. Kennedy?

Or are you comfortable asking what the Government can do for you?

I don't do things for America. I do things for people. If these people happen to be American, then that is fine, but the fact that they are American has nothing to do with my motives.

While I replied in link below, I have been reading, re-reading, Fernand Braudel's 'A History of Civilizations.' One of those brilliant histories that will surely change the way you think about history and society. Check it out. The sections on Islam are particularly interesting today.

In What Real or Imagined Scenario Would Did You Put America First US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

History may be divided into three movements: what moves rapidly, what moves slowly and what appears not to move at all." Fernand Braudel

Forum List

Back