In This Day and Age...

Do you know how easy it is to hack such a system?

Not very, actually.

One would have to enslave ever how many computers you could hack in order to do it.

It wouldn't be worth anything to anyone, actually, 'cuz the costs of doing it would be EXORBITANT, and the return wouldn't be worth it.

Virus and trojans are all over the net. You do not have to hack the main vote counting system just spread it around to all of the users computers.

obama would win 2012 with 315 million votes

and another thought. How many of those voters would vote to reduce or remove government money that they get?
How many would vote to increase the money they get?

How many voters would just parrot what their favorit political pundit told them?

How many voters would have read the healthcare reform bill before they voted on it?
And how many of those who read it would have understood what they read?
How many in America are functionally illiterate?
And how many voters would take the time to read complex bills that are hundreds of pages in length written by lawyers for lawyers.

False premise. Not everyone has a computer. Not every computer is connected to the internet. Computers can be hacked into. Computers can be given viruses. Computer voting is NOT private, therefore not secret.

Good point, and then there is this little issue.

In my house there are five people and I think eight computers. Not all of which are hooked up to the internet at the moment, but they could be. Should I get four votes to your one?

How about the CEO of a company with a call center that contains say 300 computers. Should he get 300+ votes?

I volunteer at a place that has hundreds of computers and employees many of whom I am certain have their own personal computers. Should they get one vote for every computer they own?

Edit: Not to mention the fact that we would still have to be able to trust those who are given the responsibility of telling us the outcome of the vote! That is something I am not certain I am willing to do.

Immie

Last edited:
False premise. Not everyone has a computer. Not every computer is connected to the internet. Computers can be hacked into. Computers can be given viruses. Computer voting is NOT private, therefore not secret.

Good point, and then there is this little issue.

In my house there are five people and I think eight computers. Not all of which are hooked up to the internet at the moment, but they could be. Should I get four votes to your one?

How about the CEO of a company with a call center that contains say 300 computers. Should he get 300+ votes?

I volunteer at a place that has hundreds of computers and employees many of whom I am certain have their own personal computers. Should they get one vote for every computer they own?

Edit: Not to mention the fact that we would still have to be able to trust those who are given the responsibility of telling us the outcome of the vote! That is something I am not certain I am willing to do.

Immie

Yup. It's a no-brainer.

Nearly every home contains a personal computer, and each of those computers are "named" via a number, eh?

So why can't WE vote for what WE want,

or don't want?

Why are we STUCK LIKE CHUCK in this "representative" / proxy type of system?

The "representatives" have shown that they will straight-up LIE about how they will represent us, and we're STUCK with their Big Idea of what's going to be Good For Us.

This must end.

WE have voices,

and we have the means to make them heard.

Thoughts?

So, your talkin' about majority-rule.....like any garden-variety lynch-mob.

No thanks......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lljIrAfBzYs]YouTube - Henry Fonda: The Ox-Bow Incident ("Conscience") Monologue[/ame]​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back