In This Day and Age...

fyrenza

Ariel Looney
May 22, 2010
south Texas
Nearly every home contains a personal computer, and each of those computers are "named" via a number, eh?

So why can't WE vote for what WE want,

or don't want?

Why are we STUCK LIKE CHUCK in this "representative" / proxy type of system?

The "representatives" have shown that they will straight-up LIE about how they will represent us, and we're STUCK with their Big Idea of what's going to be Good For Us.

This must end.

WE have voices,

and we have the means to make them heard.

Thoughts?

Do you know how easy it is to hack such a system?

Not very, actually.

One would have to enslave ever how many computers you could hack in order to do it.

It wouldn't be worth anything to anyone, actually, 'cuz the costs of doing it would be EXORBITANT, and the return wouldn't be worth it.

LMAO.

Just look at facebook, twitter and the rest of the useless garbage on the net and ask why we do not vote over the net again.

In addition, not all people in America are on the net.
Beleive it or not it is fact. Especially among the poor and older citizens.

and to top it off, boy what a heyday for viriuses :)

Do you know how easy it is to hack such a system?

Not very, actually.

One would have to enslave ever how many computers you could hack in order to do it.

It wouldn't be worth anything to anyone, actually, 'cuz the costs of doing it would be EXORBITANT, and the return wouldn't be worth it.

Virus and trojans are all over the net. You do not have to hack the main vote counting system just spread it around to all of the users computers.

and another thought. How many of those voters would vote to reduce or remove government money that they get?
How many would vote to increase the money they get?

How many voters would just parrot what their favorit political pundit told them?

How many voters would have read the healthcare reform bill before they voted on it?
And how many of those who read it would have understood what they read?
How many in America are functionally illiterate?

Last edited:
What do you want?

Mainly, the things the politicos PROMISE me ~

how THEY are going to represent me.

But they LIE to me, and I'm tired of it.

If I vote for someone to SAY this, and VOTE this way on the issues,

I certainly Do Not expect them to backpedal and mealy mouth their way around VOTING in the manner that they have TOLD me they will vote.

I'm sick of being lied to.

I'm tired of voting for someone that doesn't mean MOST of what they say,

folks that can be coerced into stabbing ME in the back.

I want to vote for the things I find important,

and I don't want folks that haven't the vaguest idea of what's going on to have a say in MY, and the rest of our, futures.

If they can't READ, understand the implications, and vote from a standpoint of Knowledge, I don't want them to have a say in anyone's life.

We've seen what that brings us, eh?

I won't be happy with voting for the lesser of the two weevils,

so WTF do we do?

Or are we just resigned to THIS, ever how it Is?

What are some other ideas for a truly FAIR way of the people having THEIR Voice?

Voting using a home computer would create more problems than it would solve. Most proposed voting systems attempt to make them less vulnerable to fraud. Computer voting would do just the opposite. I see very few benefits from computer voting and a lot of problems.

Technology can be a solution for many of our problems, but not all of them.

fryenza, are you suggesting that we directly vote on all bills, local state and federal? When would we even have the time?

THAT's the BEAUTY of it!!!

We'd vote about what WE care about,

what we take the time to read about and understand!

If we don't care?

We wouldn't vote.

But let me ask you THIS:

If it's IMPORTANT? Wouldn't you sort of research it and get a good feel for the entire ambience of it?

We ALL would.

We spend hours here, arguing and disCUSSing with each other, eh?

Why wouldn't we READ and THINK for those hours?

About our future? About our children's futures? About how It IS?

WE CARE. We wouldn't be HERE if we didn't, eh?

So I say to Big Gov, and to lying Representatives: Get Lost.

I"LL Speak for ME.

Ummm....

What was the question, again? ;)

Forum List

Back