In the short time I've been here

I realize the left is left and the right is right, no one is going to change someone's opinion. So with that said, why do we keep arguing about who's right and who's wrong and see what we can do to get this country back on track.

And the first and most important step to getting the country back on track is to raise taxes. Since that can only start in the House, we’re done trying to get back on track.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies…

That was merely the president acknowledging the fact many of his fellow Americans on the right consider him the enemy. Obama may be a lot of things but he’s not naïve.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good Lord.

I suppose that you are waiting for someone on the Right to give similar examples from your side....

...I'm sure you'll get your wish.
If not, you are surely a silly fellow.

Now, Naturegirl...I have a different view of our role here on the board...rather than change the view of the 'opponent,' it is to expound one's view to the best of ability...for the
readers.

Less than one in five readers actually post on a thread.
But they read...both sides.

And in this marketplace of ideas, I feel the correct (conservatie) view will out.

Uh no, the point of my post was to refute the idea that America has been divided for 3 years. Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie.

Not sure of your point, if any in "Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie."

I try to avoid the term "lie," as it is a trade-marked term of the Left.

Oh, brother. Straighten that halo of yours. It's crooked.

wow, that was pretty lame. Sorry you thought lying only occured on the left. When you grow up you'll understand that all pols lie.

The point here, in addition to the one on your head, is that on the board, it is generally the Left screaming "liar, liar" ....and most often favors ad hominem attack rather than cogent argument.
Did you take that personally?
Really?
I wonder why?

WOW, you honestly believe that? Seriously? :eusa_eh:

No she doesn't, she just had to move the goal posts from her first comment that left in general cornered the market on lies. Once challenged, she'll
change Again.

Last edited:
wow, that was pretty lame. Sorry you thought lying only occured on the left. When you grow up you'll understand that all pols lie.

The point here, in addition to the one on your head, is that on the board, it is generally the Left screaming "liar, liar" ....and most often favors ad hominem attack rather than cogent argument.

Really?
I wonder why?
That's a load of hooey Pchick....there is plenty of screaming from both sides.

I realize the left is left and the right is right, no one is going to change someone's opinion. So with that said, why do we keep arguing about who's right and who's wrong and see what we can do to get this country back on track.

We are behaving just as our elected officials in DC, we seldom debate honestly and it turns into a slug fest of words.

I leaned left when I was young, actually voted for Jimmy Carter. I didn't give politics much thought until the Bill Clinton era. Unlike today, our leaders saw a need to reposition themselves for the good of the country. Today, it's nothing of the kind.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies, no wonder we are so divided. Surely we have the ability to make those folks in DC know all the money in the world can't buy the American people. Why do we allow them to tell us what to think and do??

It's a nice thought, but I recall, you yourself flat out ignored me multiple times in your own thread when I asked you about a chart you posted. It seems you aren't interested in fixing anything but seeking out opinions of people who have opinions similar to yours.

There is no point in arguing with someone that only wants to prove the other party wrong. If you want to have a discussion, if you want to talk about why your chart is better or different than one that will make yours look bad, I can go there.

However, I don't usually argue just for the sake of arguing. It does nothing for me, in fact it's just not worth arguing with someone that believes they are right and their sole purpose here is to prove anyone that has a different opinion is wrong.

Stay classy!!

We are behaving just as our elected officials in DC, we seldom debate honestly and it turns into a slug fest of words.

I leaned left when I was young, actually voted for Jimmy Carter. I didn't give politics much thought until the Bill Clinton era. Unlike today, our leaders saw a need to reposition themselves for the good of the country. Today, it's nothing of the kind.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies, no wonder we are so divided. Surely we have the ability to make those folks in DC know all the money in the world can't buy the American people. Why do we allow them to tell us what to think and do??

It's a nice thought, but I recall, you yourself flat out ignored me multiple times in your own thread when I asked you about a chart you posted. It seems you aren't interested in fixing anything but seeking out opinions of people who have opinions similar to yours.

There is no point in arguing with someone that only wants to prove the other party wrong. If you want to have a discussion, if you want to talk about why your chart is better or different than one that will make yours look bad, I can go there.

However, I don't usually argue just for the sake of arguing. It does nothing for me, in fact it's just not worth arguing with someone that believes they are right and their sole purpose here is to prove anyone that has a different opinion is wrong.

Stay classy!!
I am constantly dissappointed by those whom I think are capable of changing thier minds after considering compelling evidence that they've been mistaken....but people can only deal with accepting the notion that they may be wrong for a short time, before they revert back to what's comfortable......sad really. Perhaps it is just I who am naive.

You must've missed the "terrorist sypathizer" "terrorist lover" and "america hater" talk aimed at anyone who disagreed during the entire Bush admin. When did you awaken from your coma?

That's what we need. The first response to a thread pleading for a common search for common ground firing a flame-zone worthy blast.

I can't wait to see more.

I participate here to hone my arguing and writing skills mostly. See whats going on. Id like to understand others better, but quite frankly, Im not sure many truly understand themselves let alone to a degree that you can really persuade others.

But if I can persuade some of the readers. Great. If not, then I have atleast lifted up my voice (so to speak) and stood for what's right.

I've watched many of you develop and some of you mature. I know I've grown since 2008.

Those of you who've been around awhile and who've posted with some consistency have at your fingertips a time capsule of your personality with a search engine. Go look and see how you've grown, or not.

I participate here to hone my arguing and writing skills mostly. See whats going on. Id like to understand others better, but quite frankly, Im not sure many truly understand themselves let alone to a degree that you can really persuade others.

But if I can persuade some of the readers. Great. If not, then I have atleast lifted up my voice (so to speak) and stood for what's right.

I've watched many of you develop and some of you mature. I know I've grown since 2008.

Those of you who've been around awhile and who've posted with some consistency have at your fingertips a time capsule of your personality with a search engine. Go look and see how you've grown, or not.

Heck, Ive seen myself grow just in the past year. Ive been here longer than most.

But then isnt that the point of life? to grow and do better?

Really?
I wonder why?

WOW, you honestly believe that? Seriously? :eusa_eh:

No she doesn't, she just had to move the goal posts from her first comment that left in general cornered the market on lies. Once challenged, she'll
change Again.

The following is a teachable moment, instructing you on how to behave civilly.

No, my Leftist and sorely challenged friend....I never said "her first comment that left in general cornered the market on lies."

You are incorrect, summer-school scholar....what I said was "I try to avoid the term "lie," as it is a trade-marked term of the Left."

Now, by checking post #13, anyone can ascertain that either you have 'tried to move the goal posts," or that you have a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder...
...and, so that I may offer my condolences, kindly reveal which it is.

Now, to help you understand, by stating that the Left uses the term constantly, i.e., having it 'trade-marked,' I was commenting on civil discourse. This is very different from your mistaken charge that I said claimed that "the left in general cornered the market on lies."

Are you super-sensitive about the Left and lying???
Could be?
I understand.

You should take this post as a - gratis- lesson in behavior. With justification, I could easily have stated, and proven, that you 'lied.'
Notice, how I excused your behavior by suggesting that you were in error, that you were mistaken.

Did you notice that I didn't call you a liar?
You did?
Good boy!

Now try to be a better- more conservative- person in the future.

Really?
I wonder why?
That's a load of hooey Pchick....there is plenty of screaming from both sides.

On the contrary...and it speaks to your lack of perception, our Leftist friends here on the board have learned, and learned well, the lessons from their leaders...such as:

1. October 2008 Paul Begala, on CNN, referred to President Bush as “ a barely functioning moron.”

2. But Matthews was a softie compared to left-wing radio talk-show host Mike Malloy, who outrageously said of Bachmann: "She's a hatemonger. She's the type of person that would have gladly rounded up the Jews in Germany and shipped them off to death camps. She's the type of person who would have had no problem sending typhoid-smeared blankets to Native American families awaiting deportation to reservations. ... This is an evil bitch from hell. I mean, just an absolute evil woman."

3. November 4, 1994 episode of the PBS talk show, To the Contrary, Julianne Malveaux summed up her feelings regarding Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas: "The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

4. Gore once accused his political enemies of possessing "an extra chromosome," a remark that infuriated the families of persons with Down Syndrome, which is caused by the presence of an extra chromosome. Henry I. Miller on Al Gore on National Review Online

5. Stenny Hoyer called Michael Steele the Republican lawn jockey

6. Alec Baldwin "if we were in another country... we would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families, for what they're doing to this country."

7. Huffington Post on Tony Snow- “The growth in his abdomen is his head stuck up his a**. F**k him!! He is pure lying scum and should die ASAP!!”

8. American Thinker: Those Mean-Spirited Liberals
RJ Eskow: Vicious Liberals Disgrace America - With Shameless Media Support
"Sarah, I'm calling you a liar. And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better." -- Daily Kos ArcXIX

9. Wanda Sykes on Limbaugh: I hope his kidneys fail
Breitbart.tv Obama Likes Wanda Sykes Joke About Rush Limbaugh — ‘I Hope His Kidneys Fail’

10. In June, 2009 Dave Letterman makes a joke about the statutory rape of Sarah Palin’s 14 year old.

If you're not convinced, I can give a bunch more....

Stay classy!!

So why did you ignore me when I asked you to discuss a chart that you posted?

Forum List

Back