In the short time I've been here

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
I realize the left is left and the right is right, no one is going to change someone's opinion. So with that said, why do we keep arguing about who's right and who's wrong and see what we can do to get this country back on track.

We are behaving just as our elected officials in DC, we seldom debate honestly and it turns into a slug fest of words.

I leaned left when I was young, actually voted for Jimmy Carter. I didn't give politics much thought until the Bill Clinton era. Unlike today, our leaders saw a need to reposition themselves for the good of the country. Today, it's nothing of the kind.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies, no wonder we are so divided. Surely we have the ability to make those folks in DC know all the money in the world can't buy the American people. Why do we allow them to tell us what to think and do??

I realize the left is left and the right is right, no one is going to change someone's opinion. So with that said, why do we keep arguing about who's right and who's wrong and see what we can do to get this country back on track.

We are behaving just as our elected officials in DC, we seldom debate honestly and it turns into a slug fest of words.

I leaned left when I was young, actually voted for Jimmy Carter. I didn't give politics much thought until the Bill Clinton era. Unlike today, our leaders saw a need to reposition themselves for the good of the country. Today, it's nothing of the kind.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies, no wonder we are so divided. Surely we have the ability to make those folks in DC know all the money in the world can't buy the American people. Why do we allow them to tell us what to think and do??

You must've missed the "terrorist sypathizer" "terrorist lover" and "america hater" talk aimed at anyone who disagreed during the entire Bush admin. When did you awaken from your coma?

You must've missed the "terrorist sypathizer" "terrorist lover" and "america hater" talk aimed at anyone who disagreed during the entire Bush admin. When did you awaken from your coma?

I suppose that you are waiting for someone on the Right to give similar examples from your side....

...I'm sure you'll get your wish.
If not, you are surely a silly fellow.

Now, Naturegirl...I have a different view of our role here on the board...rather than change the view of the 'opponent,' it is to expound one's view to the best of ability...for the
readers.

Less than one in five readers actually post on a thread.
But they read...both sides.

And in this marketplace of ideas, I feel the correct (conservative) view will out.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjN8PdaoFaQ]Spirit - Nature's Way - Live 1978 - YouTube[/ame]

Because they have a million strong band of meatheads who's job is to defend them and the corporate pimps.

I participate here to hone my arguing and writing skills mostly. See whats going on. Id like to understand others better, but quite frankly, Im not sure many truly understand themselves let alone to a degree that you can really persuade others.

But if I can persuade some of the readers. Great. If not, then I have atleast lifted up my voice (so to speak) and stood for what's right.

I would of never imagined that in my lifetime that we have a party in power who's overall priority is lining their pockets with other people money. So long as they can retire comfortably with their two or three homes,a few million in the bank, and the fact that they took it from honest job creators is what is infuriating a lot of hard working americans.

I suppose that you are waiting for someone on the Right to give similar examples from your side....

Now, Naturegirl...I have a different view of our role here on the board...rather than change the view of the 'opponent,' it is to expound one's view to the best of ability...for the
readers.

And in this marketplace of ideas, I feel the correct (conservatie) view will out.

Uh no, the point of my post was to refute the idea that America has been divided for 3 years. Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie.

readers.

And in this marketplace of ideas, I feel the correct (conservatie) view will out.

Uh no, the point of my post was to refute the idea that America has been divided for 3 years. Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie.

That's a lie.

readers.

That's a lie.

Nice try sparky :thup:

readers.

Not sure of your point, if any in "Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie."

I try to avoid the term "lie," as it is a trade-marked term of the Left.

readers.

Not sure of your point, if any in "Call it whatever you want but the most important thing is you cannot call it a lie."

Why do you say such stupid shit?

GOP Rep. to Obama: 'You Lie!' - YouTube

I bet all your pols on the right are honest and wholesome. One of you are born every minute. You're an idiot if you know what I mean

Last edited:

It's a nice thought, but I recall, you yourself flat out ignored me multiple times in your own thread when I asked you about a chart you posted. It seems you aren't interested in fixing anything but seeking out opinions of people who have opinions similar to yours.

Why do you say such stupid shit?

GOP Rep. to Obama: 'You Lie!' - YouTube

I bet all your pols on the right are honest and wholesome. One of you are born every minute. You're an idiot if you know what I mean

Now I recognize you!!

I know…you're the one who jumped out of the trunk in “Hangover”..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHETXHvbxsY]Hangover clip - YouTube[/ame]

wow, that was pretty lame. Sorry you thought lying only occured on the left. When you grow up you'll understand that all pols lie.

wow, that was pretty lame. Sorry you thought lying only occured on the left. When you grow up you'll understand that all pols lie.

The point here, in addition to the one on your head, is that on the board, it is generally the Left screaming "liar, liar" ....and most often favors ad hominem attack rather than cogent argument.

Did you take that personally?
Really?
I wonder why?

The point here, in addition to the one on your head, is that on the board, it is generally the Left screaming "liar, liar" ....and most often favors ad hominem attack rather than cogent argument.

Did you take that personally?
Really?
I wonder why?

WOW, you honestly believe that? Seriously? :eusa_eh:

And the first and most important step to getting the country back on track is to raise taxes. Since that can only start in the House, we’re done trying to get back on track.

I've seen this administration call fellow Americans enemies…

That was merely the president acknowledging the fact many of his fellow Americans on the right consider him the enemy. Obama may be a lot of things but he’s not naïve.

Forum List

Back