In The Service Of Your...

Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a business guy like Robmoney

His conservativism, affable manner, and "make no enemies" campaign strategy made Harding the compromise choice at the 1920 Republican National Convention. During his presidential campaign, in the aftermath of World War I, he promised a return of the nation to "normalcy". This "America first" campaign encouraged industrialization and a strong economy independent of foreign influence. Harding departed from the progressive movement that had dominated Congress since President Theodore Roosevelt. In the 1920 election, he and his running mate, Calvin Coolidge, defeated Democrat and fellow Ohioan James M. Cox in the largest presidential popular vote landslide in American history (60.36% to 34.19%) since popular vote totals were first recorded in 1824.[3]

President Harding rewarded friends and political contributors, referred to as the Ohio Gang, with financially powerful positions. Scandals and corruption, including the notorious Teapot Dome scandal, eventually pervaded his administration; one of his own cabinet and several of his appointees were eventually tried, convicted, and sent to prison for bribery or defrauding the federal government.[4] Harding did however make some notably positive appointments to his cabinet.[5]

1. “Standing in this presence, mindful of the solemnity of this occasion, feeling the emotions which no one may know until he senses the great weight of responsibility for himself, I must utter my belief in the divine inspiration of the founding fathers. Surely thee must have been God’s intent in the making of this new-world Republic.”
Inaugural Address, 1921.

a. Harding is credited with originating the phrase founding fathers.

2. You might be interested in his election, following the first Progressive President, Woodrow Wilson....

Democrats (Progressives) were thoroughly rejected by the voters in the election of 1920:

a. “The United States presidential election of 1920 was dominated by the aftermath of World War I and the hostile reaction to Woodrow Wilson, the Democratic president. Harding's victory remains the largest popular-vote percentage margin (60.3% to 34.1%) in Presidential elections after the so-called "Era of Good Feelings" ended with the victory of James Monroe in the election of 1820. ” United States presidential election, 1920 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. “In the 1920 election, [Harding] and his running-mate, Calvin Coolidge, defeated Democrat and fellow Ohioan James M. Cox, in what was then the largest presidential popular vote landslide in American history since the popular vote tally began to be recorded in 1824: 60.36% to 34.19%.”

History is about to repeat itself!

How'd that work out?

a business guy like Robmoney

His conservativism, affable manner, and "make no enemies" campaign strategy made Harding the compromise choice at the 1920 Republican National Convention. During his presidential campaign, in the aftermath of World War I, he promised a return of the nation to "normalcy". This "America first" campaign encouraged industrialization and a strong economy independent of foreign influence. Harding departed from the progressive movement that had dominated Congress since President Theodore Roosevelt. In the 1920 election, he and his running mate, Calvin Coolidge, defeated Democrat and fellow Ohioan James M. Cox in the largest presidential popular vote landslide in American history (60.36% to 34.19%) since popular vote totals were first recorded in 1824.[3]

President Harding rewarded friends and political contributors, referred to as the Ohio Gang, with financially powerful positions. Scandals and corruption, including the notorious Teapot Dome scandal, eventually pervaded his administration; one of his own cabinet and several of his appointees were eventually tried, convicted, and sent to prison for bribery or defrauding the federal government.[4] Harding did however make some notably positive appointments to his cabinet.[5]

1. “Standing in this presence, mindful of the solemnity of this occasion, feeling the emotions which no one may know until he senses the great weight of responsibility for himself, I must utter my belief in the divine inspiration of the founding fathers. Surely thee must have been God’s intent in the making of this new-world Republic.”
Inaugural Address, 1921.

a. Harding is credited with originating the phrase founding fathers.

2. You might be interested in his election, following the first Progressive President, Woodrow Wilson....

Democrats (Progressives) were thoroughly rejected by the voters in the election of 1920:

a. “The United States presidential election of 1920 was dominated by the aftermath of World War I and the hostile reaction to Woodrow Wilson, the Democratic president. Harding's victory remains the largest popular-vote percentage margin (60.3% to 34.1%) in Presidential elections after the so-called "Era of Good Feelings" ended with the victory of James Monroe in the election of 1820. ” United States presidential election, 1920 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. “In the 1920 election, [Harding] and his running-mate, Calvin Coolidge, defeated Democrat and fellow Ohioan James M. Cox, in what was then the largest presidential popular vote landslide in American history since the popular vote tally began to be recorded in 1824: 60.36% to 34.19%.”

History is about to repeat itself!

How'd that work out?

You may have heard of the 'Roaring Twenties'....

...if not, pick up a book.

Robmoney stopped his whole business because a fellow morman daughter ran away.

Mormons are VERY good at taking care of Mormons.

I think it a good thing that the church takes care of its own.

It just doesnt work very well in a democratic government position

And your presumption is based on the way he made everyone in Massachusetts wear white shirts and ties, go door to door, and tithe?

I see your logic there.....

Wait 'til the other Liberals hear what a bigot you are...

Oops....they'll probably give you a merit badge.

Reagan:

100thREAGANintheARMYAirForceImage23.jpg

H.W. Bush:

bus0-012a.gif

W Bush:

mfHTCGSSn8wg9cc1yE6ZqxXd_500.jpg

Clinton:

ELT200712072034233021637.jpg

Obama:

200812171355.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Robmoney stopped his whole business because a fellow morman daughter ran away.

Mormons are VERY good at taking care of Mormons.

I think it a good thing that the church takes care of its own.

It just doesnt work very well in a democratic government position
Then why do you insist citizens take care of other citizens?

I'll give you a few moments. Maybe you can come up with something besides "That's different. Somehow. It just is."

Forum List

Back