In the Race to Succeed Weiner, a Surprising Anger at Obama

They don't even have that...Freedoms and Liberties? The only thing I see from them is a twisted sense of worship of Super Wealthy people and a total disregard for poor people. They seem to think it's OK to turn the United States into a slave labor country that is run by private industry.

No such thing as compassion, human rights and fairness in their doctrine... it's one of might makes right.

The anger directed towards Obama is warranted. But not in the way Conservatives think. The anger stems from a desire for Obama to stick to his guns and fight for what he was elected to do.

It's been nothing but obstruction from the Right and quiet compromise from Obama. He should be using the bully pulpit to the American people and calling these assholes out. Of course, the right wing spin machine calls any attempts to do so as playing the "blame game"... then he shuts up again.

In short, he needs to worry about getting reelected so much and stand up for his platform... THAT'S what put him in the White House.

And although people are angry... they certainly aren't going to vote for anything the Tea Party has to offer.

Exactly. :clap2:

Bullshit.

He had a super-majority. He could quite easily have passed whatever he wanted during that time. He chose not to.

I cannot tell you how fucking moronic it is for each side to blame the other the way y'all do. Bush had a Democratic Congress - wanna blame, point the finger to your own side. Obama had a super majority and still didn't achieve jack shit.... wanna blame someone, point the finger at your own side.

Conclusion: The Democrats and the Republicans are fucking idiots.

Cali... you're wrong about the super majority. Let me ask you something... Are all Republicans the same? I mean, Tea Party people and Standard Republicans both have an R behind their names, do they not? But no... You call most of them RINO's. The truth is... those RINO's are the traditional Republican Party.... along comes the Tea Party. Now everything that a moderate GOP Representative tries to pass has to go through not only the Democrats...but also the Tea Party people.

It was much like that between 2008 and 2010. Not only did they have to negotiate with Republicans(especially in the Senate), they had to deal with Blue Dogs.

No one on your side seems to get this... probably because it's much easier to make stupid blanket statements that you don't actually have to think about.

Bullshit.

He had a super-majority. He could quite easily have passed whatever he wanted during that time. He chose not to.

I cannot tell you how fucking moronic it is for each side to blame the other the way y'all do. Bush had a Democratic Congress - wanna blame, point the finger to your own side. Obama had a super majority and still didn't achieve jack shit.... wanna blame someone, point the finger at your own side.

Conclusion: The Democrats and the Republicans are fucking idiots.

Guess you missed all the filibusters and quiet compromise, then.

Please list the filibusters that occurred while the democratics had their super majority.

Oh look, another moron who doesn't get it.

Guess you missed all the filibusters and quiet compromise, then.

Please list the filibusters that occurred while the democratics had their super majority.

Oh look, another moron who doesn't get it.

Oh, I get it, dumbfuck...

I also see how the tune has changed from when the R's controlled both House & Senate and the leftoids used the "well you had control, why didn't you pass <insert here>"...

But then again, 1/20/2009 changed everything...

No more anti-war protests... GITMO can stay open now... "The Buck Stops Elsewhere"...

They don't even have that...Freedoms and Liberties? The only thing I see from them is a twisted sense of worship of Super Wealthy people and a total disregard for poor people. They seem to think it's OK to turn the United States into a slave labor country that is run by private industry.

No such thing as compassion, human rights and fairness in their doctrine... it's one of might makes right.
Some people blame Republicans. Some people blame Democrats. Some people blame both.

Have you noticed that neither the politicians nor American citizens accept any blame at all?

This is one of the underlying issues as to why America is screwed. America prospered after WWII because they were the only contry with money to lend to rebuild Europe and Japan. It was a perfect storm of available resources, technology development, available power plants, and plenty of cash. We didn't prosper because Americans work harder, or were smarter than other peoples, or had freedoms and liberties nobody else did.

The American semi-skilled and unskilled laborer is the least cost effective thing on the planet, and though we don't make things anymore, we still have many uneducated people who expect those jobs to be created for them. If the Republicans get thier way, and eliminate public education, were going to have the stupidest and most useless citizens anywhere...unless you're rich to start out with....just like second and third rate countries.

Americans are to blame here...even more than politicians, because Americans elect people who tell them what they want to hear, and have no sense of sacrifice. It became apparent to me we were in for trouble when during the 80's...every American who prospered from the Reagan defense spending stimulus thought they deserved a BMW. Well...were going through a little correction. Suck it up folks...that's right!....YOU!...the average American who had too good for the amount of effort you put out. Quit blaming the people you elect. If the president could make the economy great...it would never be bad.

Some people blame Republicans. Some people blame Democrats. Some people blame both.

Have you noticed that neither the politicians nor American citizens accept any blame at all?

This is one of the underlying issues as to why America is screwed. America prospered after WWII because they were the only contry with money to lend to rebuild Europe and Japan. It was a perfect storm of available resources, technology development, available power plants, and plenty of cash. We didn't prosper because Americans work harder, or were smarter than other peoples, or had freedoms and liberties nobody else did.

The American semi-skilled and unskilled laborer is the least cost effective thing on the planet, and though we don't make things anymore, we still have many uneducated people who expect those jobs to be created for them. If the Republicans get thier way, and eliminate public education, were going to have the stupidest and most useless citizens anywhere...unless you're rich to start out with....just like second and third rate countries.

Americans are to blame here...even more than politicians, because Americans elect people who tell them what they want to hear, and have no sense of sacrifice. It became apparent to me we were in for trouble when during the 80's...every American who prospered from the Reagan defense spending stimulus thought they deserved a BMW. Well...were going through a little correction. Suck it up folks...that's right!....YOU!...the average American who had too good for the amount of effort you put out. Quit blaming the people you elect. If the president could make the economy great...it would never be bad.

To a large measure..this is very correct. Good job. :clap2:

Looks like a lot of people are pretty pissed off.

Of all the places to hear fulminations against President Obama, one of the least expected is the corner of 71st Avenue and Queens Boulevard, in the heart of a Congressional district that propelled Democrats like Geraldine A. Ferraro, Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner to Washington.

Instead, the race has become something far more unsettling to Democrats: a referendum on the president and his party that is highlighting the surprisingly raw emotions of the electorate.

National Democrats, alarmed by a poll that showed the contest far closer than anticipated, are privately fretting that even a close outcome in a working-class swath of Brooklyn and Queens may foreshadow broader troubles for the party in 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/22/nyregion/for-weiner-seat-gop-hopes-for-upset.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Yep--libtards have counted on these districts for total support of Barack Obama and democrats over the decades. Even the "Greek Walls" of this irrational support is starting to crumble beneath them--and it's about time they woke up and see the mess that being a libtard has brought to their front door--(that is if they still own a front door to open?)

$APOLLOBAMA.jpg

Toxicmedia wins the thread! :clap2:

Yeah..the GOP will probably take it. Really easily too.

Anyone want to bet on it? I will take the dem side.

If you read the article they state the Dems will more than likely retain the seat but with a much narrower margin then was ever expected in this district which is why the Dems are worried. This is normally a staunchly blue voting bloc where Dem candidates never really have to worry about getting elected so there's usually very little campaigning needed.

So winning by less is supposed to be significant? That's what the rightwing propaganda machine would have us believe?

Funny the same clowns didn't acknowledge the significance of a Democrat actually winning NY26, the western NY Republican stronghold,

a Democrat who ran against the kill Medicare bill that the GOP unanimously voted for.

Naw, that wasn't significant. This IS.

Heeee-larious.

Obviously you didn't read the New York Times article I linked, I'm quite sure they were pretty right wing about the whole thing........ :rolleyes:
But given that would require an honest, open-minded and rational assessment on your part, far removed from the political propaganda you so wholeheartedly embrace, I doubt you'll read it.
BTW what you responded to that I posted came directly from said article without any judgment comment on my part. Matter of fact I made no judgment comments whatsoever in this tread, just posted an interesting piece of news. Your response is rather telling............ Uuuuuummmmmmm.............

Looks like a lot of people are pretty pissed off.

Of all the places to hear fulminations against President Obama, one of the least expected is the corner of 71st Avenue and Queens Boulevard, in the heart of a Congressional district that propelled Democrats like Geraldine A. Ferraro, Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner to Washington.

Instead, the race has become something far more unsettling to Democrats: a referendum on the president and his party that is highlighting the surprisingly raw emotions of the electorate.

National Democrats, alarmed by a poll that showed the contest far closer than anticipated, are privately fretting that even a close outcome in a working-class swath of Brooklyn and Queens may foreshadow broader troubles for the party in 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/22/nyregion/for-weiner-seat-gop-hopes-for-upset.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Yep--libtards have counted on these districts for total support of Barack Obama and democrats over the decades. Even the "Greek Walls" of this irrational support is starting to crumble beneath them--and it's about time they woke up and see the mess that being a libtard has brought to their front door--(that is if they still own a front door to open?)

View attachment 14854

Libtards? Have you ever considered giving rational cognition a chance? Just once?

Forum List

Back