In the last 6 months Obama has held 100 fundraisers and 0 meetings on his jobs consel

NO, Obama tried, made some progress, but this was an exceptional event.

At the core of the GOP's argument here is the notion that this was just another recession. That has to be their argument, because they constantly and gleefully compare today's numbers to those of other recessions.

Being neck deep in this seven days a week, I'm here to tell ya - this was/is not just another economic event. And I think they know that. But, of course, when it comes to politics, honesty is optional.

Last edited:
Most don't care how this "mess" happened anymore. Most people except for rabid libs understand this has been a global economic crisis.

And the bullshit over Bush is ridiculous. Did Bush cause Greece? Did Bush cause Spain? Did Bush cause France's economic woes?

How many countries world wide are facing the same challenges as America? Many.

The one's that have succeeded like Canada didn't go koo koo bye bye on a giant spending spree with money that the country didn't have.

That's because we had very sane and stable leadership that didn't go hog wild with so called stimulus.

Obama and the Dems when they controlled the House the Senate and the WH fritted away their time on a health care bill and other such bullshit at a time when every ounce of energy should have been spent on the economy.

They fucked up.

Most sensible people know that we are in far better shape then we were in during 2009 when unemployment was topping 10% and everyone was afraid of losing their jobs.

They know Obama at least tried SOMETHING.

And frankly, I'm not seeing any "leadership" qualities in Romney. He's pretty much kissing the rings of the most extreme elements of his party, and not manning up and answering sensible questions like 'where are your tax returns?"

ok fine, obama tried and FAILED, now it's time for someone else..he can go back to community agitating where it's not as hard a past time

And since Romney is proposing more of the exact same shit that got us into this mess, let's not do that again. It's like you get your car half prepared and give the keys back to the drunk that wrapped it around the tree to start with.

Sorry, not putting a FAILURE who has made NOTHING better except grow government, pound us with new taxes, ObamaCare, cigarette taxes.. resorted to calling us, Freeloaders and Moochers, hostage takers, enemies, etc etc

Did Bush cause Greece? Did Bush cause Spain? Did Bush cause France's economic woes?

Well, for those who love to blame Presidents for everything for purely political reasons, yes.

The meltdowns in Greece, Spain, etc., are indeed all connected to ours. I can't imagine anyone doesn't realize that. And the policies that were in place caused our meltdown. So, again, since partisan ideologues love to blame Presidents, Bush gets the blame.

Now, the fact is that our meltdown was decades in the making, a cultural event as much as an economic event. But if you're going to blame Obama at every chance, I don't blame liberals for blaming Bush the same way. After all, lying in certainly in vogue when it comes to politics.

This economic situation isn't going away for quite a while, regardless of the political affiliation of some temporary White House occupant.

Last edited:
Most sensible people know that we are in far better shape then we were in during 2009 when unemployment was topping 10% and everyone was afraid of losing their jobs.

They know Obama at least tried SOMETHING.

And frankly, I'm not seeing any "leadership" qualities in Romney. He's pretty much kissing the rings of the most extreme elements of his party, and not manning up and answering sensible questions like 'where are your tax returns?"

ok fine, obama tried and FAILED, now it's time for someone else..he can go back to community agitating where it's not as hard a past time

And since Romney is proposing more of the exact same shit that got us into this mess, let's not do that again. It's like you get your car half prepared and give the keys back to the drunk that wrapped it around the tree to start with.

Minority leader Hoyer came out yesterday and said food stamps and unemployment benefits were the answer to stimulating the economy.

What madness! If you vote fools like this in again, you deserve to be flushed down the drain as an economic powerhouse.

The "car" is "half prepared"? Are you on drugs, Joe? Drinking heavily? In what way is the economy half prepared? The fact is, President Obama spent a trillion dollars on a stimulus that didn't stimulate the economy. I'm sorry but it didn't. The stimulus was badly flawed in both it's makeup and in how it was carried out. Spending MORE on a bad program would simply lead to more debt.

Your car analogy has always made me chuckle. Obama accused the Republicans of driving the car into a ditch...something that anyone who isn't blinded by partisan politics knows was a joint effort of the Republicans AND the Democrats. Since getting the "keys" however, Barry hasn't even figured out how to put them in the ignition let alone steered the car out of the ditch. He's axle deep in the mud and has no plan at all to move the car but instead is content to sit there in the driver's seat and complain that the people in the back seat aren't helping him. Your call for more stimulus spending like Barry's first stimulus? That would just be spinning the tires...if of course the idiot we have running things could figure out the whole "key" thing.

Did Bush cause Greece? Did Bush cause Spain? Did Bush cause France's economic woes?

Well, for those who love to blame Presidents for everything for purely political reasons, yes.

The meltdowns in Greece, Spain, etc., are indeed all connected to ours. I can't imagine anyone doesn't realize that. And the policies that were in place caused our meltdown. So, again, since partisan ideologues love to blame Presidents, Bush gets the blame.

Now, the fact is that our meltdown was decades in the making, a cultural event as much as an economic event. But if you're going to blame Obama at every chance, I don't blame liberals for blaming Bush the same way. After all, lying in certainly in vogue when it comes to politics.

This economic situation isn't going away for quite a while, regardless of the political affiliation of some temporary White House occupant.

Well lets just take the OP as the perfect example of why your economic situation isn't going away for quite a while.

The job council has been MIA. Where is the leadership from the Administration? Seriously. I'm not being flippant.

Where is a budget? How many years has it been now?

You have an incompetent administration. Period full stop. They don't have a clue what they are doing. They've proven that they are not up to the job. And to give them four more years is sheer folly.

I think it's obvious who really wants a job. Why?? Why does he want a second term?? Does anyone think he really cares about America and it's people??

Personally I think he only cares about power and the ability to spend money as he sees fit. Yea, yea, I know Congress holds the purse strings but for two years he had complete control of those purse strings. the 111th gave him what he wanted............ObamaTax, and he's not even running on his own record.

So again, why does he want a second term??

I think it's obvious who really wants a job. Why?? Why does he want a second term?? Does anyone think he really cares about America and it's people??

Personally I think he only cares about power and the ability to spend money as he sees fit. Yea, yea, I know Congress holds the purse strings but for two years he had complete control of those purse strings. the 111th gave him what he wanted............ObamaTax, and he's not even running on his own record.

Great question! To be followed with "who in their right mind wants to reward an individual who has so failed the American public with a second term?".

Last edited:

Great question? To be followed with "who in their right mind wants to reward an individual who has so failed the American public with a second term?".

Yea, let's go out and buy our teenagers brand new cars because they wrecked the old ones because the were speeding.

Why does he want a second term, what are his plans for America the next 4 years??

Joeb you keep saying Obama tried. He did indeed. He tried for two years to pass healthcare at the expense of everything else. Just give it a rest. He asked for this job, said he could do it and is now making excuses.
And if you call NOT meeting with his jobs council, trying, you're crazy.

According to a Romney speech today. Is this true? Pretty damaging if it is.

Not at all damaging when you consider that his jobs counsel was made up of a bunch of Romney contributors and republican economic saboteurs. It's been well past time to abandon the idea that he can talk sense to people who have no interest in making him look good by growing private sector jobs.

He chose the members brainfart!

Most don't care how this "mess" happened anymore. Most people except for rabid libs understand this has been a global economic crisis.

And the bullshit over Bush is ridiculous. Did Bush cause Greece? Did Bush cause Spain? Did Bush cause France's economic woes?

How many countries world wide are facing the same challenges as America? Many.

The one's that have succeeded like Canada didn't go koo koo bye bye on a giant spending spree with money that the country didn't have.

That's because we had very sane and stable leadership that didn't go hog wild with so called stimulus.

Obama and the Dems when they controlled the House the Senate and the WH fritted away their time on a health care bill and other such bullshit at a time when every ounce of energy should have been spent on the economy.

They fucked up.

Actually, the countries that went on Austerity Sprees are the ones that got in deeper, not the other way around.

What caused France's problems is Sarkozy cut spending. And the French people threw him out when things didn't get better.

Greece's problem (and to a lesser degree Spains) is that they are locked into this common currency they have no control over.

Joeb you keep saying Obama tried. He did indeed. He tried for two years to pass healthcare at the expense of everything else. Just give it a rest. He asked for this job, said he could do it and is now making excuses.
And if you call NOT meeting with his jobs council, trying, you're crazy.

Or maybe he just realized they were kind of useless and didn't bother.

Hell, I wasn't even aware there was a "jobs council"... were you? (Be honest now.)

Forum List

Back