In Stimulus Debate, Obama Drifts Into Campaign Mode

Why should the Republicans vote for something they don't believe in? Does that make sense?

If not voting for it would be worse then voting for it then yes it does make sense. Do you think Republicans won't be the perfect scapegoat if they destroy the rescue package?

They are taking a huge responsibility if they all vote against it, because they will be held responsible for the failure to help the economy when it was in at its worst. They are already held responsible by the american people for the economic bad times we are in now: that is one of the main reasons why the democrats currently have a majority in both congress and the house. Because republicans already screwed up, I don't think they can afford to screw up again.

The got the usual Republicans to join them, it will pass. If it works, the Republicans would have to answer for it. If it doesn't, for once they can say most of them did the right thing.

Yeah, according to this ( http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...al-reached-on-stimulus-package-in-senate.html ) they already passed it.

If not voting for it would be worse then voting for it then yes it does make sense. Do you think Republicans won't be the perfect scapegoat if they destroy the rescue package?

They are taking a huge responsibility if they all vote against it, because they will be held responsible for the failure to help the economy when it was in at its worst. They are already held responsible by the american people for the economic bad times we are in now: that is one of the main reasons why the democrats currently have a majority in both congress and the house. Because republicans already screwed up, I don't think they can afford to screw up again.

The got the usual Republicans to join them, it will pass. If it works, the Republicans would have to answer for it. If it doesn't, for once they can say most of them did the right thing.

Yeah, according to this ( http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...al-reached-on-stimulus-package-in-senate.html ) they already passed it.
Uh yeah, that is what I was saying...

I love that quote from Reagan you have in your signature.

Damn do I miss his common sense approach to politics.

You know what should be mandated? Anyone entering the political field should have to achieve an 'A' on a common sense test or be denied the right to run. :rolleyes:

There goes 95% of current politicians right off the bat. And I can tell you right now that Dubya wouldn't of passed it and neither would of Reagan.

Unless of course, it is common sense all of a sudden to sell arms to other countries secretly so they may kill one another and HOPE that neither finds out. OH, and keep it a secret from the American public. :eusa_shhh:

And don't worry, Clinton wouldn't of gotten in either; getting caught with Monica alone was plenty stupid.

Boy, you got that right! :clap2:

Question: Why is it believed that this package will work now, when in the past things like this haven't worked? Or am I missing information?

President Obama is facing growing questions about his tone and the effectiveness of his leadership after he spent Thursday night mocking his political rivals and accusing them of playing games with the economic stimulus.

In an off-the-cuff moment during his speech to House Democrats at a retreat in Virginia, the president ribbed Republicans, including former rival John McCain, who call the recovery package a "spending bill."

"So then you get the argument, 'well, this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill.' What do you think a stimulus is? That's the whole point," Obama said to laughter.

He reduced himself from being president of all the American people to being the partisan leader of the left," former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich said of Obama's Thursday night speech. "The first month of your presidency is not a very good time to give a campaign speech

Obama is definitely showing increased signs of stress.

He has little to no experience having to defend his positions in the role of an executive, and now is facing the daunting task of doing just that.

When pressured, as he is now, he has fallen back into his comfort zone, which is to simply give a campaign-like partisan speech to a partisan crowd and hope the mainstream media projects it as a moment of strength and "passion".

Some of that spin is now taking place in today's news cycle, but not nearly as fervent as during the campaign.

The Democrat Party, despite all its election success, is in chaos mode right now - due in great part to a clear lack of mature defining leadership from Mr. Obama.

Oblah blah is one of the most arrogant and immature 47 year olds I have ever seen. He is way out of his league and we are going to pay for it when things get tough for him. Right now he is popping a cork over a bill that the dems can just pass with out help from the repubs...they just don't want to take responsibility for it. All this posturing is to feed his gigantic ego. Just wait until he faces a situation he has no control over. This wacko is going to have a melt down.

Oblah blah is one of the most arrogant and immature 47 year olds I have ever seen. He is way out of his league and we are going to pay for it when things get tough for him. Right now he is popping a cork over a bill that the dems can just pass with out help from the repubs...they just don't want to take responsibility for it. All this posturing is to feed his gigantic ego. Just wait until he faces a situation he has no control over. This wacko is going to have a melt down.

*oblah blah*... I love it... :lol:

Question: Why is it believed that this package will work now, when in the past things like this haven't worked? Or am I missing information?

Big parts of the new deal program from Roosevelt have worked.
New Deal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although some say it may have prolonged the great depression, but I don't think that is true because when you compare the situation in the US after the New deal with the countries in Europe (also had the same economic depression) that didn't have had the new deal.

And the Nazis proved that spending by the government worked, they too were starving from hunger when the Nazis were elected and the economic depression was the reason why they got elected in the first place. And I don't need to tell you how "successful" the nazis initially were. Europeans can call themselves lucky that the Nazis decided to attack the SU or most Europeans would be speaking German today.

Last edited:
Obama is definitely showing increased signs of stress.

He has little to no experience having to defend his positions in the role of an executive, and now is facing the daunting task of doing just that.

When pressured, as he is now, he has fallen back into his comfort zone, which is to simply give a campaign-like partisan speech to a partisan crowd and hope the mainstream media projects it as a moment of strength and "passion".

Some of that spin is now taking place in today's news cycle, but not nearly as fervent as during the campaign.

The Democrat Party, despite all its election success, is in chaos mode right now - due in great part to a clear lack of mature defining leadership from Mr. Obama.[/QUOTE]

Oblah blah is one of the most arrogant and immature 47 year olds I have ever seen. He is way out of his league and we are going to pay for it when things get tough for him. Right now he is popping a cork over a bill that the dems can just pass with out help from the repubs...they just don't want to take responsibility for it. All this posturing is to feed his gigantic ego. Just wait until he faces a situation he has no control over. This wacko is going to have a melt down.[/QUOTE]

I have to laugh at that - the other day I was speaking to a gentleman in his early 20s say how happy he was that the country was finally not being run by a "bunch of old dudes in their 50s".

When I reminded Obama would be 50 before the end of his first term the look of shock on his face was priceless. I asked him how old he thought Obama was and he said "About 30" I pointed out that he would not have been able to run for President if that was the case and this guy's response to that was, "Oh whatever..."

Amazing.

*oblah blah*... I love it... :lol:

Yeah it fits him perfectly. I actually should call him ..uh uh blah blah.. though.

President Obama is facing growing questions about his tone and the effectiveness of his leadership after he spent Thursday night mocking his political rivals and accusing them of playing games with the economic stimulus.

In an off-the-cuff moment during his speech to House Democrats at a retreat in Virginia, the president ribbed Republicans, including former rival John McCain, who call the recovery package a "spending bill."

"So then you get the argument, 'well, this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill.' What do you think a stimulus is? That's the whole point," Obama said to laughter.

In Stimulus Debate, Obama Drifts Into Campaign Mode - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

He reduced himself from being president of all the American people to being the partisan leader of the left," former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich said of Obama's Thursday night speech. "The first month of your presidency is not a very good time to give a campaign speech

Yep--while they were all having a "wonderful" time selecting the color of the 300 MILLION in new hybrid cars we're all going to be buying for them. I would be laughing too, if I could get my next door neighbor to buy me a new hybrid--& then state--well of course I am spending to get us out of this recession.

Last edited:
i actually feel sorry for him ....... he is a concensus builder type leader and hopes the "correct" answer will present itself through discussion and debate .... and that someone other than himself will select and impliment the "correct" answer ..... and that it will be the answer he wants ......

I feel sorry for him in the sense that while he hasn't a clue to what to do, so far following the failed policies of GW, he's clueless in who to contact for 'change.'

Obama is not following GW! Ever heard of a President called Franklin D. Roosevelt? The President during the Great depression of the 1930's? Barack Obama is doing a "carbon copy of this man". There is no "change here".

Roosevelt, with all good intentions, & according to many economists, is actually responsible for making the depression last much longer than it should have.

Obama tried to work with the current batch of repubs and they basically said fuck you very much. He extended an open hand and they gave him the finger.

He isn't getting any cooperation from them. He now needs to move to the next step and put pressure on them. It's called politics. I think he is now realizing that he won't get any kind of cooperation from most of the current crop. Collaboration can't happen with only one side willing to work with you.

The whole shit about him losing momentum is just more right wing spin.

As Ileanna Ros Liethen (R Miami) said in 2000: We won. You lost. Get over it.:lol:

As to the mocking tone, get a load of Graham Lindsay the other day. I guess it's okay for a rightie to be sarcastic but not a leftie.

Why should the Republicans vote for something they don't believe in? Does that make sense?

Obama's favorable rating has dropped more than 20 points since he was inagurated. This is the fastest any President has come down off of that pedestal. You stated: Republicans will get blamed for this? No Republicans do not want to get blamed for it, that's exactly why they're not voting for it. BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE.

It's nothing more than a 15 year liberal democrat wish list:

Let me say here: If this does not create new job growth in this country in very short order--it will be on President Obama's plate. He will end up owning this along will all democrats in the senate & house. Republicans will come out the winners on this, because Obama will not stand a chance for a second term. Also in a very short time "conservative" Republicans will win back both houses.

AMERICANS are sick & tired of our government spending our money, like there is no tommorrow.

We all might feel a little bit better about this if Obama could pick people of integrity for his cabinet. When tax cheats show up that is not off to a good start but then again he is not known to be a good judge of character and it showing up again.

Obama has never been a leader he is going to learn on our dime or maybe not. More then likely he is going to be a figure head for the Democrat party. He is clueless and we all know it some of us saw this train wreck before it happened some of us were in a dream world that did not exist. Now the nightmare has come home to roost.

All this bailout money is for is pork and pet Dem projects. Let me see the last bailout money did soooooooooo much for our economy hmmmm not. You would think our government would get a clue not so much the Dems are high on their win screw us stick your hand in the cookie jar and finish raping this country. For Obama to say I won pass this is just ridiculous.

Obama's favorable rating has dropped more than 20 points since he was inagurated. This is the fastest any President has come down off of that pedestal. You stated: Republicans will get blamed for this? No Republicans do not want to get blamed for it, that's exactly why they're not voting for it. BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE.

It's nothing more than a 15 year liberal democrat wish list:

Let me say here: If this does not create new job growth in this country in very short order--it will be on President Obama's plate. He will end up owning this along will all democrats in the senate & house. Republicans will come out the winners on this, because Obama will not stand a chance for a second term. Also in a very short time "conservative" Republicans will win back both houses.

AMERICANS are sick & tired of our government spending our money, like there is no tommorrow.

I thinks americans rather have the government preventing the economy from crashing down: people without a job don't make money that the government can take away from them. If their is one thing the americans have learned over the past years, it is that governments can screw up and other governments can fix things as much as the previous one screwed thing up.

One thing is for sure: if the government does nothing, they will be responsible for letting the situation go worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back