In shock after seeing new rates.

Americans have been accustomed to worrying themselves sick about $$$ and their plans.

Whose your agent and the office number
Blue Cross: Rates will rise under new federal health care law
Local North Carolina state news from Raleigh NC NewsObserver.com
You need to read the articles you post.

The rate increases are for off exchange plans, nor on exchange plans, and they went up because insurers are forced to cover essential benefits of the ACA.
rate increases due to Obamacare. You idiot
This appears to be correct. The letter from the insurer actually states that the plan is no longer being offered due to requirements set by the affordable care act. So the insurer is lying, or my cost of insurance is actually going up due to requirements set by the affordable care act. Thing is, I was happy with my insurance. Optima and I had a nice thing going, why cant I keep it that way?

I have polling data from ABC conducted before Obamacare which showed that 89% of respondents were happy with their plans. For what it's worth, a Canadian poll done the next year showed 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care.

You can't keep your plan because liberals know better than you what is in your best interests.

The poll showing that 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care is worthless when comparing it to USA. For instance, for the most part, we don't have to worry about money when it comes to getting sick.

well, if you are on the exchanges where more and more Americans will be you often get a $6000 deductible.

Last edited:

The rate increases are for off exchange plans, nor on exchange plans, and they went up because insurers are forced to cover essential benefits of the ACA.
This appears to be correct. The letter from the insurer actually states that the plan is no longer being offered due to requirements set by the affordable care act. So the insurer is lying, or my cost of insurance is actually going up due to requirements set by the affordable care act. Thing is, I was happy with my insurance. Optima and I had a nice thing going, why cant I keep it that way?

I have polling data from ABC conducted before Obamacare which showed that 89% of respondents were happy with their plans. For what it's worth, a Canadian poll done the next year showed 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care.

You can't keep your plan because liberals know better than you what is in your best interests.

The poll showing that 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care is worthless when comparing it to USA. For instance, for the most part, we don't have to worry about money when it comes to getting sick.

well if you are on the exchanges where more and more Americans will be you often get a $6000 deductible.

No, not likely.

The new spokesperson for Obumble care.....

2qcqr6d.jpg

well, if you are on the exchanges where more and more Americans will be you often get a $6000 deductible.
The plan deductibles and out of pocket maximums for individual/family plans are the same for plans offered through the exchange, as thy are for plans offered directly through the insurer.

The only difference is that plans offered through the exchange, allow members who qualify for subsidized premiums, to collect them.

Long story short...

The premiums for health insurance plans are not driven up by Obamacare, they're driven up by the same factors that have driven them up every year for the last 30 years

The plan deductibles and out of pocket maximums for individual/family plans are the same for plans offered through the exchange, as thy are for plans offered directly through the insurer.

The only difference is that plans offered through the exchange, allow members who qualify for subsidized premiums, to collect them.

Long story short...

The premiums for health insurance plans are not driven up by Obamacare, they're driven up by the same factors that have driven them up every year for the last 30 years

most importantly, if we had capitalist health care prices would be about 20% of what they are today and our life expectancies would be 10-20 years longer.

No, "capitalist" health care prices would be about 30% higher and our longetivity 10 - 20 years shorter.

Forum List

Back