In shock after seeing new rates.

mdblb05

Rookie
Nov 3, 2014
I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.

You're new so I'll repeat what I've written before -

My own rates went down, I have received two refunds, scrips when down and I still have the same excellent coverage and doctors I had before.

At a recent party, the conversation turned to ACA and not one person was unhappy.

I don't believe most of the stuff I read here from the RW Obama haters but yes, of course, you should shop for the best coverage for your money.

My own rates went down, I have received two refunds, scrips when down and I still have the same excellent coverage and doctors I had before.

And a thousand others had to have the exact opposite experience just so you could profit off of them.

At a recent party, the conversation turned to ACA and not one person was unhappy.

:lol: But the OP is the dishonest one, right?

I don't believe most of the stuff I read here from the RW Obama haters but yes, of course, you should shop for the best coverage for your money.
Whose your carrier give me their contact information so I can get the same policy you have.
If you don't it means you are a lying sack of shit.

If you're getting a subsidy, hey, it rocks.

If you're not, don't hold your breath waiting for a "thank you" for subsidizing others. Oh, and you're paying more.

subsidy/ You mean a tax payers is paying for a low life scumbags insurance? isn't that what subsidy means?

That's right, she's a wealthy old coot who wants to squeeze money out of poor young people just starting out in life in order to save herself from spending her own money to pay for her own health care.

net-worth-by-age-group_zpsffb78ba5.png

If you're not, don't hold your breath waiting for a "thank you" for subsidizing others. Oh, and you're paying more.

subsidy/ You mean a tax payers is paying for a low life scumbags insurance? isn't that what subsidy means?

That's how it works.

The subsidy are temporary I do recall.

This was just covered in a different somewhere, it sounded like they're not.

Not sure.

That's how it works.

The subsidy are temporary I do recall.

This was just covered in a different somewhere, it sounded like they're not.

Not sure.

Take a look at this shit
The supreme court is going to reconsider on ruling on the Subsidies "after the election" When they turned it down earlier Monday.
Isn't that a crock of shit?
The U.S. Supreme Court early Monday kept mum on a request that it consider a case that threatens to cripple Obamacare and end financial assistance to more than 4 million HealthCare.gov customers.

The high court's decision, or lack thereof, was being closely watched by Obamacare advocates, opponents, and the White House because of the risk the case poses to the Affordable Care Act.

Less than two hours after it didn't take action in the case, the Supreme Court relisted it for consideration at Friday's weekly conference of the court's justices. That means a vote on whether to take up the case would likely occur that day, although the decision would not be announced until Nov. 10.
Not yet ready for primetime Big challenge to Obamacare

The legal challenge to the subsidies, if successful, would end the taxpayer-funded assistance that helps HealthCare.gov customers afford their health coverage. It would also destroy, in states served by HealthCare.gov, the Obamacare rule that starting in 2015 requires mid- to large-sized employers to offer affordable health plans to workers or face fines.

And a successful challenge also would effectively gut in those states the mandate that requires most people to have some form of insurance or pay a tax penalty.

Both the so-called employer and individual mandates are technically hinged on the existence of the subsidies.

Obamacare opponents and advocates, who rarely agree, have said the court challenge represents the biggest threat to the ACA since the 2012 Supreme Court decision that upheld much of the law.

The legal challenge to the subsidies, if successful, would end the taxpayer-funded assistance that helps HealthCare.gov customers afford their health coverage. It would also destroy, in states served by HealthCare.gov, the Obamacare rule that starting in 2015 requires mid- to large-sized employers to offer affordable health plans to workers or face fines.

And a successful challenge also would effectively gut in those states the mandate that requires most people to have some form of insurance or pay a tax penalty.

Both the so-called employer and individual mandates are technically hinged on the existence of the subsidies.

Obamacare opponents and advocates, who rarely agree, have said the court challenge represents the biggest threat to the ACA since the 2012 Supreme Court decision that upheld much of the law.
post above you're a little late
You left out a couple key points.

Whose your carrier give me their contact information so I can get the same policy you have.
If you don't it means you are a lying sack of shit.

Blue Cross Blue Shield.

And a thousand others had to have the exact opposite experience just so you could profit off of them.

:lol: But the OP is the dishonest one, right?

Those who do not file claims pay for those who do.

How many times must it be explained that THAT is how insurance works. Its the way ALL insurance works and its the way it has always worked.

That's how insurance will always work.

That's how it works.

Exactly.

Like it or not, insurance companies are not non-profit.

The difference now is that they are required to pay 80% of premiums for actual patient care.

There many insurance companies "licensed" to use "Blue Cross - Blue Shield". To make an accurate assessment the full name of the company is required and also the state in which it's writing the particular policy.

Any less remains bullshit.

I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.
I work for a medical insurance company, and in California, the Dept of Insurance would never approve of such an increase, and they MUST approve before they sign off it.

What state do you live in that's letting insurers get away with that kind of increase?

I wonder if your employer is being honest with you, or you're being honest with us.

Forum List

Back