in say, twenty years

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by froggy, Oct 30, 2009.

1. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    what do you think the biggest changes to america will be.

2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    It could swing far far right. The good students I teach have no tolerance for the slackers and troublemakers disrupting their classes this year. And I suspect they will have far less sympathy for the "poor" in this country when they are working. Frankly, I see more of that amongst my fellow teachers as well. A breaking point is forthcoming.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    At the current rate in which we are headed, I believe we will be just another Third World country in 20 years. We will no longer be the most powerful nation on the face of the earth.

4. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I'm wondering if we will not be three or four different nations. A prospect I am hoping will not happen.

I may not agree with the far left liberalism that seems to be prevalent in politics these days, but this country is still the greatest country ever to exist. We are still brothers and sisters whether we live in Florida or New York, Texas or California... red or blue, we common folks are still Americans through and through and I will stand beside my liberal brother in New York and my conservative sister in Texas as much today as I would have thirty years ago.

If we can just keep our politicians in Washington from tearing us apart from within!!

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree. I've seen more seriousness from my students since 9/11. For a couple years it seemed to be reverting. The last 3 years are more and more serious. We've had students leave because their parents cannot afford the tuition and the school is out of money to help carry families for more than $500. a year. That's not enough for some.

Up until last years I had quite a few boys ordering 2 or 3 hot lunches at $4 a pop. Not anymore. If they order at all, it's just 1. Yes, they are still hungry afterwards. I've taken to keeping low sodium/no sugar snacks for kids. If they are really hungry, they'll eat them.

Much more serious about school, starting last winter I have students ratting others out for cheating. I handle this on a case-by-case basis, as it's competition and some of the lower students are trying to pull their grades up. Usually a talk will do it.

6. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    There will no longer be any liberals in it.
    People will not be looking for hand outs they will work for what they want and the government will not stand in the way .

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    No idea. but I am going to tell that we will be much more appreciative of things we currently take for granted.

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,316
    Ahhhh..

Such gloom and doom

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Well maybe if we drink enough sugar free no transfat Kool-Aid, we can all work on the collective cupcake farms and frolic in the marshmallow fields. Kumbaya.

Have you hugged your tree today?

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,316
    The only thing that will be different in 20 years is we will finally get a republican elected as President after 20 years of trying