in say, twenty years

It could swing far far right. The good students I teach have no tolerance for the slackers and troublemakers disrupting their classes this year. And I suspect they will have far less sympathy for the "poor" in this country when they are working. Frankly, I see more of that amongst my fellow teachers as well. A breaking point is forthcoming.

what do you think the biggest changes to america will be.

At the current rate in which we are headed, I believe we will be just another Third World country in 20 years. We will no longer be the most powerful nation on the face of the earth.

I'm wondering if we will not be three or four different nations. A prospect I am hoping will not happen.

I may not agree with the far left liberalism that seems to be prevalent in politics these days, but this country is still the greatest country ever to exist. We are still brothers and sisters whether we live in Florida or New York, Texas or California... red or blue, we common folks are still Americans through and through and I will stand beside my liberal brother in New York and my conservative sister in Texas as much today as I would have thirty years ago.

If we can just keep our politicians in Washington from tearing us apart from within!!

Immie

It could swing far far right. The good students I teach have no tolerance for the slackers and troublemakers disrupting their classes this year. And I suspect they will have far less sympathy for the "poor" in this country when they are working. Frankly, I see more of that amongst my fellow teachers as well. A breaking point is forthcoming.

I agree. I've seen more seriousness from my students since 9/11. For a couple years it seemed to be reverting. The last 3 years are more and more serious. We've had students leave because their parents cannot afford the tuition and the school is out of money to help carry families for more than $500. a year. That's not enough for some.

Up until last years I had quite a few boys ordering 2 or 3 hot lunches at $4 a pop. Not anymore. If they order at all, it's just 1. Yes, they are still hungry afterwards. I've taken to keeping low sodium/no sugar snacks for kids. If they are really hungry, they'll eat them.

Much more serious about school, starting last winter I have students ratting others out for cheating. I handle this on a case-by-case basis, as it's competition and some of the lower students are trying to pull their grades up. Usually a talk will do it.

There will no longer be any liberals in it.
People will not be looking for hand outs they will work for what they want and the government will not stand in the way .

No idea. but I am going to tell that we will be much more appreciative of things we currently take for granted.

Well maybe if we drink enough sugar free no transfat Kool-Aid, we can all work on the collective cupcake farms and frolic in the marshmallow fields. Kumbaya.

Have you hugged your tree today?

The only thing that will be different in 20 years is we will finally get a republican elected as President after 20 years of trying

what do you think the biggest changes to america will be.

The MUSLIMS will join forces with the NEGRO people of AMERICA and take over completely. It has already started - America is RULED by the NEGRO hordes of Chicago.

With the Internet controlling allmost all aspects of young lives, I don't even see "students" at all in 20 years. They'll get everything they THINK will be necessary for survival off the web apart from educational institutions and quite possibly even physical workplaces. The whole world will be plugged in 24/7, with an occasional time out for sex.

After all, look how far the Internet has advanced in a mere 40 years!

The Internet at 40: History Began With Its First Crash - Business Center - PC World

I'm wondering if we will not be three or four different nations. A prospect I am hoping will not happen.

I may not agree with the far left liberalism that seems to be prevalent in politics these days, but this country is still the greatest country ever to exist. We are still brothers and sisters whether we live in Florida or New York, Texas or California... red or blue, we common folks are still Americans through and through and I will stand beside my liberal brother in New York and my conservative sister in Texas as much today as I would have thirty years ago.

If we can just keep our politicians in Washington from tearing us apart from within!!

Immie

I couldn't agree more. After the 911 attacks, seems like we all put away the ugly debates of Bush v. Gore and came together as one. (I still see a few "United We Stand" stickers, but they are faded and frayed. How quickly we forgot.)

Well maybe if we drink enough sugar free no transfat Kool-Aid, we can all work on the collective cupcake farms and frolic in the marshmallow fields. Kumbaya.

Have you hugged your tree today?

Considering that over 40% of pharmaceuticals come from trees, I hug them often (check for bugs first, though).

Immie

I couldn't agree more. After the 911 attacks, seems like we all put away the ugly debates of Bush v. Gore and came together as one. (I still see a few "United We Stand" stickers, but they are faded and frayed. How quickly we forgot.)

We haven't forgotten. It has just gone dormant. Another sucker punch from behind and we will see Americans come together once again. My concern is more that the politicians will divide us before we find the need to band together again.

Immie

Immie

We haven't forgotten. It has just gone dormant. Another sucker punch from behind and we will see Americans come together once again. My concern is more that the politicians will divide us before we find the need to band together again.

Immie

Unfortunately the country is becoming more and more like my extended family in one sense. We only see each other at funerals. The USA only comes together for tragedies. And then only until the next election campaign begins.

Forum List

Back