In Real Estate Deal, Romney Made His Loss a Couple’s Gain

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Basically this goes against everything that Obama will lie about to get you to believe about Romney.

In Real Estate Deal, Romney Made His Loss a Couple’s Gain

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/10/u...is-loss-a-couples-gain.html?_r=4&pagewanted=1

The result was a rare Romney flop: The housing market soon collapsed, and he was stuck renting out the houses for years before unloading them, mostly at a loss, in the late 1990s, according to property records. The renters were offered the first chance to buy, but the Stampses could not qualify for a mortgage, recalled Mr. Stamps, who at the time had recently lost his job at an oil company.

“Then I got this phone call, personally, from Mr. Romney, asking if we really wanted to buy the house,” Mr. Stamps, 63, said in an interview the other day at the barbershop he now runs. “I said, yes we did. And he said he would loan us the money. He really helped us when we needed it.”

Amid the campaign furor over Mr. Romney’s wealth and taxes, the relatively tiny real estate investment — the mortgage generates less than $2,500 in annual interest income, according to his disclosures — has gone largely, though not entirely, overlooked.

Mr. Stamps said that he and his wife had received calls in recent months from strangers who “seemed to be looking for negative stuff” about Mr. Romney, but that the couple had nothing to say to them. (The Stampses recently refinanced the original 30-year loan; the new mortgage, still with Mr. Romney, was dated June 12 but signed just two weeks ago. Details of the interest rate were not included in the public record.)

Just like when he shut down the office so they could help an employee find his daughter.

You'll never hear any of that.

And Obama would tell the people in the house "You didn't get that for yourself....somebody else did that".

Trump that Obama. What do you know, big money doing a good deed. Bet Reid will come up with something to say. Maybe the house was substandard or didn't meet code. The left can't stand it when something good is done.

Maybe Obama's brother should call Romney

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...arack-Obamas-lost-brother-found-in-Kenya.html

220-obama-brother_793467f.jpg

Last edited:
Just like when he shut down the office so they could help an employee find his daughter.

You'll never hear any of that.

And Obama would tell the people in the house "You didn't get that for yourself....somebody else did that".

Or that when Romney Sr. died, Mitt gave the entirety of his inheritance to charity.

Is it possible that we have a genuinely good person running and that's what the democrats can't stand.

Somehow or another, I don't think Boiking wants to go down real estate scammer road.

The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel? - ABC News

"While Rezko's wife paid the full asking price for the land, Obama paid $300,000 under the asking price for the house. The house sold for $1,650,000 and the price Rezko's wife paid for the land was $625,000.

D'oh!

Now Frank, I think that Obama said he was sorry for entering into a land deal with a convicted felon. Or was it that he was sorry he got caught going into a deal......? It is not like taking a bribe from a convicted felon is the same as cutting someone's hair in College. Or even as bad as being accused of a felon by the leader of the US Senate.

It is probably against the law to loan people money like Romney did, I hope Reid is looking into seeing if Romney is guilty of another felony.

So, you're saying that Romney didn't totally fuck everyone he came in contact with? That's good...

It has yet to be shown he did that to anyone he came in contact with, you are believing too many lies. I suggest The Blaze verses the dailykos, you will feel better.

Somehow or another, I don't think Boiking wants to go down real estate scammer road.

The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel? - ABC News

"While Rezko's wife paid the full asking price for the land, Obama paid $300,000 under the asking price for the house. The house sold for $1,650,000 and the price Rezko's wife paid for the land was $625,000.

D'oh!

Now Frank, I think that Obama said he was sorry for entering into a land deal with a convicted felon. Or was it that he was sorry he got caught going into a deal......? It is not like taking a bribe from a convicted felon is the same as cutting someone's hair in College. Or even as bad as being accused of a felon by the leader of the US Senate.

Q. Why is a Chicago political accepting bribes?

A. Because he's a Chicago politician

Forum List

Back