In public shift, Israel calls for Assad's fall

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel wants to see Syrian President Bashar al-Assad toppled, its ambassador to the United States said on Tuesday, in a shift from its non-committal public stance on its neighbor's civil war.

Even Assad's defeat by al Qaeda-aligned rebels would be preferable to Damascus's current alliance with Israel's arch-foe Iran, Ambassador Michael Oren said in an interview with the Jerusalem Post.

His comments marked a move in Israel's public position on Syria's two-and-1/2-year-old war.

I guess America shoots for regime change now too ?

Now that the world knows what Israel wants I'm sure it will fall in line.

Well, now that it is no longer a secret, Obama's stance is perfectly clear

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel wants to see Syrian President Bashar al-Assad toppled, its ambassador to the United States said on Tuesday, in a shift from its non-committal public stance on its neighbor's civil war.

Even Assad's defeat by al Qaeda-aligned rebels would be preferable to Damascus's current alliance with Israel's arch-foe Iran, Ambassador Michael Oren said in an interview with the Jerusalem Post.

His comments marked a move in Israel's public position on Syria's two-and-1/2-year-old war.

I guess America shoots for regime change now too ?

Behind the scenes, Israel and the US have been working for Regime change in Syria for years.

Arab League Report Provides Evidence CIA, MI6, Mossad Behind Violence in Syria | Friends of Syria

So what? Even if it were true a lot of people want regime change. What is the Dildo' s " point? ".

What do you mean "even if it were true" ? Of course it's true and has been all along.
There are/were a host of nations invested in overthrowing the Assad regime PRIOR to any WMDs being used.
It's why Obama drew his little red line in the first place. People knew Assad would probably use them to defend his regime.
This was never about gas. It was about sectarian war, pipelines, removing Israel's enemies to it's north and a step towards pressuring Iran into submission.

I don't understand why some seem so surprised and shocked about this declaration, everybody knows that sooner or later Assad will have to go.

Just today Obama said that it's hard to imagine the Syrian war winding down with Assad in power and that there will ultimately need to be a political transition in Syria.

Sep 17, 2013
Obama says it's hard to imagine Syrian war winding down with Assad in power | Reuters

I don't think anyone is shocked. It's sorta like Syria admitting to having chemical weapons. Everyone knew it all along and it wasn't any big win for anyone.
It's just that things are finally coming out into the open.
There's probably a political message buried in the admission also. Maybe puts a little more heat on Obama to strike instead of wait.

So what? Even if it were true a lot of people want regime change. What is the Dildo' s " point? ".

What do you mean "even if it were true" ? Of course it's true and has been all along.
There are/were a host of nations invested in overthrowing the Assad regime PRIOR to any WMDs being used.
It's why Obama drew his little red line in the first place. People knew Assad would probably use them to defend his regime.
This was never about gas. It was about sectarian war, pipelines, removing Israel's enemies to it's north and a step towards pressuring Iran into submission.

So what? You "re " point" is.....Forgot... You don't have one. :lol:

great post troll !

great post troll ![/QUOTE
Yawn Many Nations want Assad out of power. He specifically mentions Israel ; So what if Israel felt that way in addition to others and there is no response from the Bigoted Pro Palestinian which is typical. :cool:

Now that the world knows what Israel wants I'm sure it will fall in line.
I think Alfalfa is looking forward to becoming a Dhimmi. It is quite obvious that he is a Dhimwit at present. The word "Dhimwit" was coined for people just like he is. By the way, has anyone seen Alfalfa mention that Saudi Arabia wants to see Assad fall? I guess since their are no Jews who are involved in the Saudi government that Alfalfa doesn't pay attention to what Saudi Arabia and the Emirates are calling for.

Well, now that it is no longer a secret, Obama's stance is perfectly clear[/Q

Yes, he wants to give Iraq and Syria to Al Qaeda. And he is doing it all for Israel.
So tell us in plain English, Frau Sherri, how would it benefit Israel if Al Qaeda is given Syria and Iraq? Do you really think that Israel wants Al Qaeda which is made up of Islamist crazies to be in charge of those countries? No doubt a country like Israel would really appreciate just having Islamic moderates as its neighbors. Al Qaeda is certainly not a moderate Muslim group.

I don't understand why some seem so surprised and shocked about this declaration, everybody knows that sooner or later Assad will have to go.

Just today Obama said that it's hard to imagine the Syrian war winding down with Assad in power and that there will ultimately need to be a political transition in Syria.

Sep 17, 2013
Obama says it's hard to imagine Syrian war winding down with Assad in power | Reuters

Assad is stronger today then he was before the chemical weapons attack. Christians in Syria certainly support him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back