In poll, Republicans gaining political ground on Obama

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Republicans have significantly narrowed the gap with Democrats on who is trusted to deal with the country's problems and have sharply reduced several of President Obama's main political advantages, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
washingtonpost.com

From what I know, the Washington Post tends to lean Democrat. If they are running this story, then I would tend to believe the numbers are basically accurate. Discuss.

Republicans have significantly narrowed the gap with Democrats on who is trusted to deal with the country's problems and have sharply reduced several of President Obama's main political advantages, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
washingtonpost.com

From what I know, the Washington Post tends to lean Democrat. If they are running this story, then I would tend to believe the numbers are basically accurate. Discuss.

Scott Brown (R-MA)

Everyone to the right of Mao had abandoned Obama.

washingtonpost.com

Scott Brown (R-MA)

Everyone to the right of Mao had abandoned Obama.

Thanks LiarFrank. I just KNEW I could count on you for in-depth thinking on the matter.

Once again it will be the Independents who determine the direction we take next.

Oh, and you two are confusing me with your avatars.

If they are wise, the Republicans can gain a lot of ground on the Democrats as they flounder in their pool of stupidity. They need to prove to the public that they have learned from their mistakes. Just because the Democrats are loosing favor with the majority of the voters doesn't mean that the Republicans are becoming the political darlings who can do no wrong. This is a prime time for a legimate Third Party to surface in America. As we near the 2012 elections it is going to become very interesting in the world of politics. I personally would like to see a movement across America that removes as many incumbents from the Congress as possible. It's time to begin again with a new slate of Congress Critters.

Well, the folks were pissed at the Reps so they got voted out in 04 and 08.

Many people bought into OL'BO's HOpey Changey BS. Now they are finding out exactly what his agenda is and they are not happy. Don't like it. They are also seeing Pelosi and Reid and their posse trying to ram this clusterfuck of a healthcare bill down their throats. No bipartisanship in site. They don't like that either. OL'BO's change ain't working for many.

Basically its the same old same old. They will now vote the Dems out, many of whom are already jumping off the good ship Obama as fast as they can. Self preservation big time.

Thats the way I see it. Just same old same old.

Dems are on a glide path to lose 100 House seats and every Senate race, just keep moving Leftward Dems, that all we ask.

Even if the poll is correct, the Republicans have nobody to run against him. The front runners for the 2012 nomination have no chance. It will take even more of an Obama meltdown for him to lose his seat. Either a meltdown, or a presidential re-election run like GHWB made in '92.

-TSO

Once again it will be the Independents who determine the direction we take next.

Oh, and you two are confusing me with your avatars.

Like it or not, you're correct.
My opinion has always been Independents vote for fiscal conservatism and social moderate to liberalism.
When times are good they vote social issues. When times are bad they vote on the fiscal side.
Times are bad.

Many Independents who may have supported this President are now regretting that support. I believe that most Independents do lean Conservative. This will probably help the Republicans in coming elections. More & more people are becoming Independents these days. Many people are giving up their affiliation with either party. The Independents will decide most elections in the future. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out this year. It's gonna be interesting.

Even if the poll is correct, the Republicans have nobody to run against him. The front runners for the 2012 nomination have no chance. It will take even more of an Obama meltdown for him to lose his seat. Either a meltdown, or a presidential re-election run like GHWB made in '92.

-TSO
I've got to believe that it wouldn't take a whole lot to beat Obama, at least at the moment. Come across as a clean cut, informed, straight shooter who's against massive spending and he/she will probably get the win.

I would suggest that Americans are sick to the back teeth of both parties. Just because the Dems are imploding does not mean that the Repubs are not. I'm quite happy to see both parties struggle. Neither side deserves the support of the American people. They're all as bad as each other.

I've got to believe that it wouldn't take a whole lot to beat Obama, at least at the moment. Come across as a clean cut, informed, straight shooter who's against massive spending and he/she will probably get the win.

Here's the problem. Who does the GOP have in it's ranks that fits that bill?

-TSO

Forum List

Back