In one week, Mitt "flip-flops" on gay adoption, China and Bill Clinton

R

rdean

In two days, Romney flip flops on gay adoption and now Bill Clinton. Last week, it was China. This is what Mitt said before the flip flop:

It's pretty impressive over there how quickly they can build things, how productive they are as a society. You should see their airport compared to our airports, their highways, their train systems. They're moving quickly in part because the regulators see their job as encouraging private people. It's amazing. The head of Coca-Cola said the business environment is friendlier in China than in America. And that's because of the regulators. That's because of government.

He even panders to tier four Liberty University which teaches Mitt's religion is a "cult" as well as magical creation as part of their "science" curriculum. Besides money at any cost, does he stand for anything?

Romney Praises Bill Clinton As New Democrat

Remember, in 1992 Mitt voted in the Democratic primaries because he felt Clinton was the "worst" choice for president.

How many "flip-flops" does Mitt have?

14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

You realize that Obama's flip-flops... i mean "evolutions" make Mitt look like an amatuer right?

Really.. After Obama's being for it before he was against it before he was for it, Flip flops are the new taboo topic for Obama supporters. Kind of like dogs.

You realize that Obama's flip-flops... i mean "evolutions" make Mitt look like an amatuer right?

So you came back to get spanked again?

280rskk.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...op-and-why-we-need-to-know-7.html#post5289477

Name Obama's "Flip-Flops". And they better compare to Mitt's.
It's one thing to change your mind, another when other's change it for you.

280rskk.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...op-and-why-we-need-to-know-7.html#post5289477

To be spanked again, I'd have to have been a first time. Quite frankly, i dont float that way. Sorry to disappoint you rdean.

I dont feel like naming every single one of obama's countless flipflops. Let's just start with a few:

1) Closing gitmo
2) Opposing gay marriage
3) Transparency.

Just to name a few. Of course, by calling them flip flops Im presuming he wasnt simply lying about his positions to get elected to begin with. I wouldnt put it past him.

280rskk.gif

How about the fact he was for gay marriage in 96, against Gay marriage when he ran for Federal Office, against Gay marriage when he ran for President and is now for gay marriage again?

What about he was against Gitmo , was gonna shut it down and then not only did not shut it down but supports it now?

How about Federal Court trials for Gitmo detainees, then he was against them and for military tribunals that he had shut down?

How about Bush was responsible for high gas prices but Obama wasn't?

Any of those ring a bell?

280rskk.gif

To be spanked again, I'd have to have been a first time. Quite frankly, i dont float that way. Sorry to disappoint you rdean.

I dont feel like naming every single one of obama's countless flipflops. Let's just start with a few:

1) Closing gitmo
2) Opposing gay marriage
3) Transparency.

Just to name a few. Of course, by calling them flip flops Im presuming he wasnt simply lying about his positions to get elected to begin with. I wouldnt put it past him.

Yea, let's start with Gitmo.

It was the generals who said we should close Gitmo because al Qaeda was using it as a "recruiting tool".

http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/080905_mendelson_guantanamo_web.pdf

Military officials say Gitmo has been a "recruiting tool" for terrorists

June 17, 2008, testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Alberto Mora, former Navy general counsel, said: "[T]here are serving U.S. flag-rank officers who maintain that the first and second identifiable causes of U.S. combat deaths in Iraq -- as judged by their effectiveness in recruiting insurgent fighters into combat -- are, respectively the symbols of Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo."

----------------------------------------

Now remember, this is the SAME right wing who screamed that Obama should be listening to the generals. So Obama, thinking he had biparison support began the procedure to close Gitmo and transfer it's detainees to maximum security prisons on the US.

Top Republicans supported the closing. Check out this partial letter:

Here is the entire statement from Norquist, Keene and Barr::

As it moves to close Guantanamo and develop policies for handling terrorism suspects going forward, the government should rely upon our established, traditional system of justice. This includes our system of federal prisons, which have repeatedly proven they can safely hold persons convicted of terrorism offenses.

We are confident that the government can preserve national security without resorting to sweeping and radical departures from an American constitutional tradition that has served us effectively for over two centuries.

Conservative Trio Supports Transferring Gitmo Detainees To Illinois

------------------------------------------------

Now in a secret meeting on the night of Obama's inauguration, Republicans met to plan his downfall. The strategy was to take the opposite opinion of everything he does no matter how it hurts the country.

NBC News Decision 92 Republican Convention News (Secret Meeting to Take Down Obama Exposed) - IMDb

On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

---------------------------------------------

We know this has been part of the Republican strategy. They told us.

---------------------------------------
So what did Republicans do? They terrorized the American people into believe Obama was going to release al Qaeda onto city streets.

Republicans have already settled on a five-letter messaging counter-attack to President Obama's plan to shutter the Guantanamo Bay prison within a year: NIMBY. Within the past few days, John McCain and Karl Rove have helped reinforce the perception that Guantanamo detainees could not be moved to U.S. soil without a popular backlash.

As McCain told Fox News yesterday:

Where are you going to send [the detainees]? That decision I would have made before I'd announced the closure, because I don't know of a state in America that wants them in their state. It's going to -- you think Yucca Mountain is a NIMBY problem? Wait till you see this one.
Never mind that McCain seemed to have made that decision in 2007 ...

Yes. I would close Guantanamo Bay. And I would move those prisoners to Fort Leavenworth.

Not In My Backyard: The GOPers Complicating Obama's Gitmo Closure

-------------------------------------------------------------------

But let's don't stop there. Let's look at ANOTHER Obama "flip flop". He didn't want to extend the Bush Tax Cuts, but then he did. Yea, why did he?

From the conservative "Christian Science Monitor":

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

The Republican leadership was (and is) MORE than willing to let millions of unemployed suffer just to extend the tax cuts that go mostly to the wealthy. And don't believe those millions of unemployed didn't include Republicans.

So there. Two Obama "flip flops". But who can blame him? Republicans blackmailed him by holding millions of Americans hostage. Easy for them. Very easy.

So come on. Check out my links, prove me wrong shitstain. I dare you!

Oops, you just got spanked ------> again!

Im shocked. You provide links demonstrating that Obama flipped on his positions and I am the one getting spanked. Hilarious.

one post and we get a punt....fucking sad

Glass houses. :lol:

Sure Obama flips and flops, but its not as bad as Mittens. Sorry its not. Anyone who doesnt see mittens as a giant pandering ass for his whole political career is a fool. He isnt a conservative. He is a conservative from Boston Mass. All one has to do is look at the Scott Brown laughfest and you have Mittens. He is a moderate, centerist, and panderer.

This hard right he has done is all a game. You will see, if he wins he wil move back towards the center and the people who voted for him will have egg on their faces.

This is why voting for either of them is a waste of time. You are basically voting for the same person.

Obama's flip flops are every bit as bad as Romney's and his pandering is the only transparent thing in this administration. And no, one of the candidates actually understands basic economics, and knows that you shouldn't conspire to offer the Russians more flexibility behind the American public's backs.

one post and we get a punt....fucking sad

Glass houses. :lol:

Sure Obama flips and flops, but its not as bad as Mittens. Sorry its not. Anyone who doesnt see mittens as a giant pandering ass for his whole political career is a fool. He isnt a conservative. He is a conservative from Boston Mass. All one has to do is look at the Scott Brown laughfest and you have Mittens. He is a moderate, centerist, and panderer.

This hard right he has done is all a game. You will see, if he wins he wil move back towards the center and the people who voted for him will have egg on their faces.

This is why voting for either of them is a waste of time. You are basically voting for the same person.

The fact that Romney is a conservative from Massachusetts isn't a drawback, Plasma. He was the Republican Governor of a HEAVILY Democratic State which means he's actually got experience working with the other side...you know...what Barry can't do?

I fully expect that Romney will move back towards the center and quite frankly I welcome that. I'm a fiscal conservative not a bible thumper. Romney is the right man for the job at hand. Barack Obama has proven that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing and to make matters worse has shown an uncanny ability to appoint people to work with him who are equally clueless. So let's get him out of there and get someone in who understands how economies work.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

280rskk.gif

1) Closing gitmo
2) Opposing gay marriage
3) Transparency.

I'm so sick of you rw's repeating the same old lies. Do you really believe that everyone is as stupid as you are?

gitmo - congress is sitting on the bill. Write your do nothing pub and tell him to vote on it and see what you get back. I dare you.

gay marriage - Three times, I posted the enormous list of actions the pres has taken on behalf of gays and you all pretend you don't see it. Here it is again, and again, you can pretend you don't see it.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...as-obama-done-for-gay-rights.html#post5262405

Last edited:

280rskk.gif

1) Closing gitmo
2) Opposing gay marriage
3) Transparency.

Yea, let's start with Gitmo.

It was the generals who said we should close Gitmo because al Qaeda was using it as a "recruiting tool".

http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/080905_mendelson_guantanamo_web.pdf

Military officials say Gitmo has been a "recruiting tool" for terrorists

June 17, 2008, testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Alberto Mora, former Navy general counsel, said: "[T]here are serving U.S. flag-rank officers who maintain that the first and second identifiable causes of U.S. combat deaths in Iraq -- as judged by their effectiveness in recruiting insurgent fighters into combat -- are, respectively the symbols of Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo."

----------------------------------------

Now remember, this is the SAME right wing who screamed that Obama should be listening to the generals. So Obama, thinking he had biparison support began the procedure to close Gitmo and transfer it's detainees to maximum security prisons on the US.

Top Republicans supported the closing. Check out this partial letter:

Here is the entire statement from Norquist, Keene and Barr::

As it moves to close Guantanamo and develop policies for handling terrorism suspects going forward, the government should rely upon our established, traditional system of justice. This includes our system of federal prisons, which have repeatedly proven they can safely hold persons convicted of terrorism offenses.

We are confident that the government can preserve national security without resorting to sweeping and radical departures from an American constitutional tradition that has served us effectively for over two centuries.

Conservative Trio Supports Transferring Gitmo Detainees To Illinois

------------------------------------------------

Now in a secret meeting on the night of Obama's inauguration, Republicans met to plan his downfall. The strategy was to take the opposite opinion of everything he does no matter how it hurts the country.

NBC News Decision 92 Republican Convention News (Secret Meeting to Take Down Obama Exposed) - IMDb

On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

---------------------------------------------

We know this has been part of the Republican strategy. They told us.

---------------------------------------
So what did Republicans do? They terrorized the American people into believe Obama was going to release al Qaeda onto city streets.

Republicans have already settled on a five-letter messaging counter-attack to President Obama's plan to shutter the Guantanamo Bay prison within a year: NIMBY. Within the past few days, John McCain and Karl Rove have helped reinforce the perception that Guantanamo detainees could not be moved to U.S. soil without a popular backlash.

As McCain told Fox News yesterday:

Where are you going to send [the detainees]? That decision I would have made before I'd announced the closure, because I don't know of a state in America that wants them in their state. It's going to -- you think Yucca Mountain is a NIMBY problem? Wait till you see this one.
Never mind that McCain seemed to have made that decision in 2007 ...

Yes. I would close Guantanamo Bay. And I would move those prisoners to Fort Leavenworth.

Not In My Backyard: The GOPers Complicating Obama's Gitmo Closure

-------------------------------------------------------------------

But let's don't stop there. Let's look at ANOTHER Obama "flip flop". He didn't want to extend the Bush Tax Cuts, but then he did. Yea, why did he?

From the conservative "Christian Science Monitor":

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

The Republican leadership was (and is) MORE than willing to let millions of unemployed suffer just to extend the tax cuts that go mostly to the wealthy. And don't believe those millions of unemployed didn't include Republicans.

So there. Two Obama "flip flops". But who can blame him? Republicans blackmailed him by holding millions of Americans hostage. Easy for them. Very easy.

So come on. Check out my links, prove me wrong shitstain. I dare you!

Oops, you just got spanked ------> again!

You're amusing as always, Deanie.

The truth is...Barry could have gotten rid of the Bush tax cuts when he held super majorities. He was forced into a flip flop on those cuts however because his stimulus failed so miserably and his own economists were warning him about the dangers of increasing taxes in a weak economy. What's rich is that now Barry has once again flip flopped the other way, calling for tax increases on the wealthy...but he's only doing that because he knows the GOP controlled House will never pass it. That's the problem with "your guy" Deanie...he makes decisions based on what's good for HIS reelection and not for what's good for the country. The whole Buffett Rule bruhaha? It's another example of Barry calling for something that he KNOWS will never be passed...which is darned good for him because if it WAS then he'd have to take responsibility for the resulting economic disaster.

It's the same thing with how he handled the EPA's threatened new regulations...first Barry was FOR the EPA coming down hard on American companies...but then he realized THAT was going to hurt the economy and OMG! "he" would get blamed for the resulting job losses. Hold on there, Nelly!!! Can't have that going on in an election year. Let's just put that on hold until AFTER November and then if he can eke out a second term who cares what the American people think...he'll turn his environmental zealots free to do whatever they deem necessary while he heads off to Martha's Vineyard to work on his golf game.

Forum List

Back