In NY? Which Gang Has The Colors: Red, White, and Blue?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
None in Chicago I can find:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...y=SCHENECTADY&BCCode=LOCAL&newsdate=3/11/2006
Student's suit over patriotic necklace will advance

First published: Friday, March 10, 2006

ALBANY -- A 13-year-old Mont Pleasant Middle School student who sued Schenectady school officials for the right to wear a red, white and blue necklace can move her case forward.

U.S. District Judge Lawrence Kahn ruled Tuesday that constitutional issues in the case should be further explored and addressed later, perhaps at trial.

The student, Raven Furbert, filed the civil rights violation claim in U.S. District Court in February 2005, after school officials banned her from wearing a necklace she made to honor soldiers serving overseas, such as her uncle and three other relatives.

School officials had asked for the case to be dismissed, saying the neck wear violated rules on potential gang-related items.

Furbert's attorney, Bob Keach, said the girl was happy with the decision but fears she will be suspended if she wears her beads.

-- Michele Morgan Bolton

via Michelle Malkin where there are more links and a picture of the offending beads.

Schools need to focus on more important things. Like how about the curriculum they teach the kids. My fiance just started in Philly public schools and the books they use are unbelievable. The math books are all over the place. How do they expect the kids to get this shit? They are teaching geography in math (longitude and latitude and where to find things on a map) and now they are teaching egyptian symbols in math. WTF?

Not that the kids listen anyway but if they did, what would they be learning?

insein said:
Schools need to focus on more important things. Like how about the curriculum they teach the kids. My fiance just started in Philly public schools and the books they use are unbelievable. The math books are all over the place. How do they expect the kids to get this shit? They are teaching geography in math (longitude and latitude and where to find things on a map) and now they are teaching egyptian symbols in math. WTF?

Not that the kids listen anyway but if they did, what would they be learning?

How does she teach? I would go nuts if my texts were telling me to teach math. Now of course in History we are going to cover Roman numerals and such, calendars, etc., but only basic.

TG our texts are not like that, nor are my local public schools, where my kids attended and I subbed, so yeah, I know.

Forum List

Back