In Nothing We Trust: Protest Everything!

Why does their message have to be homogenous?
The whole system has turned to shit and they're pissed off, isn't that enough?
Clever people are supposed to be elected and paid a lot of money to fix these things and they're not and these people are pissed off!
Sure, there are plenty in the movement that have no idea about economic theory or political reality and spouting fruitcake ideas but they're pissed off that everything is broken...just like the Tea Party.

It's arrogance to write them off as an unhygienic rabble.

The problem is the government - more precisely government interference...

Its not the governments job to regulate an economy, and that is exactly what they have been trying to do for the last century... They've been more aggressive over the past 30 years then ever before..

What you're seeing today is the failure of Keynesian economics...

The fucking government made the banks fail, they make wall street fail...

What the fuck do you expect when you force lending and print endless amounts of money????

Dictated economies NEVER work... Our economy is just another example of how humans cannot dictate an economy or an outcome......

If those apes were smart they'd be on Pennsylvania Ave instead of shitting on, stealing and occupying private property....

It's not the banks fault, it's not wall streets fault - it's the fucking governments fault for sticking their hands where they don't belong...

I think the point of the protest being in Wall St is because that represents the most visible inequalities.
Not an unreasonable location I would have thought.

I'm not an economist so could you tell me if there has ever been a truly unregulated economy (except maybe Somalia)?

So lower taxes, cut spending, cut regulation, follow the Constitution and get the heck out of our way aren't coherent enough for you?

It is coherent, just foolish. Much of what you are calling for got us in the mess we're in. If the government had GOT in the way and regulated private banks and lending practices, it may have averted the crash of our economy.

If someone had a severed artery, blood letting would not save the patient.

Someone did severe the artery. His name was Bill Clinton.

I don't need to include quotes from famous people to back me up, I am smart enough without the words of others. California Girl, 2011

Yes you do. Because Here is what we DO know:

1) The financial crisis was not caused by low and middle income families buying a home.

2) It was not caused by dead beat poor people.

3) Fannie and Freddie were not to cause.

4) The Community Investment Act was not the culprit either.

The crisis was caused by private lending, to mostly upper middle class and the wealthy. ONLY 6% of of all the higher-priced loans were extended by CRA-covered lenders to lower-income borrowers or neighborhoods in their CRA assessment areas. The majority of those foreclosed on were wealthy and upper middle class, plus a large segment of buyers who were wealthy home flippers looking for a fast buck. They strategically walked away from their mortgages, leaving people who bought homes to live in with lower values on their house and neighborhood.

AND, what really sucks for the right wing propaganda of lies, all the way back to the late '90's there was one very outspoken and vocal critic of predatory lending practices, they even held protests at companies like Wells Fargo and Lehman Brothers...ACORN

Why does their message have to be homogenous?
The whole system has turned to shit and they're pissed off, isn't that enough?
Clever people are supposed to be elected and paid a lot of money to fix these things and they're not and these people are pissed off!
Sure, there are plenty in the movement that have no idea about economic theory or political reality and spouting fruitcake ideas but they're pissed off that everything is broken...just like the Tea Party.

It's arrogance to write them off as an unhygienic rabble.

Its not the governments job to regulate an economy, and that is exactly what they have been trying to do for the last century... They've been more aggressive over the past 30 years then ever before..

What the fuck do you expect when you force lending and print endless amounts of money????

Dictated economies NEVER work... Our economy is just another example of how humans cannot dictate an economy or an outcome......

If those apes were smart they'd be on Pennsylvania Ave instead of shitting on, stealing and occupying private property....

It's not the banks fault, it's not wall streets fault - it's the fucking governments fault for sticking their hands where they don't belong...

I think the point of the protest being in Wall St is because that represents the most visible inequalities.

I'm not an economist so could you tell me if there has ever been a truly unregulated economy (except maybe Somalia)?

The US was unregulated until 1913 when the government started mixing politics with our monetary system, then banking system, then they started regulating businesses and industries for economic reasons..

Lets not confuse taxation with regulation... Most of the world economies were unregulated until the 20th century...

The governments had no control over the currency which was primarily gold and silver. They never had control over the flow of currency - they never had the means to.

For example during the gold rush out west the primary currency was gold... There was no government regulators regulating the flow of gold back then...

So of course there were plenty of unregulated economies...

The west coast was built on a gold free for all...

It's funny how for all of humanity there was really never any economic problems but in less than 100 years of government intervention in economics they managed to destroy several economies by trying to dictate the free market capitalist model....

Capitalism in one form or another has been the premise of every large society since mankind started trading until a couple of assholes were inspired by a man named Karl Marx.

Last edited:

The US was unregulated until 1913 when the government started mixing politics with our monetary system, then banking system, then they started regulating businesses and industries for economic reasons..

Lets not confuse taxation with regulation... Most of the world economies were unregulated until the 20th century...

The governments had no control over the currency which was primarily gold and silver. They never had control over the flow of currency - they never had the means to.

For example during the gold rush out west the primary currency was gold... There was no government regulators regulating the flow of gold back then...

So of course there were plenty of unregulated economies...

So, why was regulation introduced?
I haven't researched this at all but wasn't it something to do with bringing a measure of control over the oil and railway barons?

Forum List

Back