In NJ schools, gossip could land you in jail...

Let's Just be honesty, this whole bully thing is really about cultivating pussies in America.

When I was a kid, I was a bully at times, and I had to deal with bullies at times...It part of life...there have always been bullies, and there will always be bullies...dealing with a bully is a growing process.

Let parents and schools focus on bullying, and let's have the benevolent government forces stay out.

This is good. Any SINGLE incidence of HIB (harrassment, bullying, intimidation) must be reported IMMEDIATELY to the principal. A written report by the teacher must be made within 2 days. HIB includes' name calling, teasing, shunning, and TICKLING. Anyone who fails to report such behavior is not only subject to loss of license but also CIVIL PENALTIES as well. A lawyer's wet dream.

Cops called for a spontaneous preteen kiss:

A sheriff’s deputy was dispatched last week to a Florida elementary school after a girl kissed a boy during a physical education class.

School brass actually reported the impromptu buss as a possible sex crime, according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.

The principal of Orange River Elementary School called in the cops after a teacher spotted the smooch Wednesday at the Fort Myers school. In fact, Margaret Ann Haring, 56, initially called child welfare officials, who directed her to contact the sheriff, according to a report.

Cops Summoned To Florida Elementary School After Girl Kisses Boy In Phys Ed Class | The Smoking Gun

This is where we're headed folks. Criminalizing childhood.

Of course it does syrenn but schools are supposed to solve every societal problem - from drugs to sex to manners to obesity to violence to...

And then people wonder why "Johnny Can't Read".

That is a public school problem... you cant expel the problem brats.

The point is.... you should NOT have to deal with anything other then teaching.

The social shit is and should be up to the parents. A possible solution when the kids break the rules... you give the parent a ticket and they have to pay up.

I agree that a lot of this is about bad parenting, but I don't think ticketing parents is going to help. All that will teach the kids is that if they screw up, their parents will have to pay for it. Also if you hand an abusive parent a ticket (because some of these kids are acting out due to a shitstorm at home) you've just asked them to beat the crap out of the kid.

With the regular kids there's not always a lot a parent can do proactively. I do my best with my daughter, she knows the rules and, for her age group, she's a fantastically well behaved kid...but we all have our days. When she has a bad day (mind you she's 3 not a teenager) I spend the day correcting her behaviour but I can't always stop it before it starts, sometimes it's just about teaching her that there are consequences when she misbehaves.

Giving ME a ticket (punishing me for someone else's behaviour) isn't going to change HER behaviour, it's not going to take it away, or modify it in any fashion. Talking to me, giving me the details of what happened (was she the aggressor or defending herself etc) will go much farther in modifying her actions because then I'll know what happened and how to punish her appropriately.

Tickets won't turn bad parents into good parents all they'll do is ensure that bad parents make their kids lives even harder and punish good parents for things that are not, always, their fault.

Personally, I think counseling and parenting classes would be more helpful than ticketing parents.

there is no discipline in america....simple as that......adult kids suing parents for bad mothering.....i see kids in public acting out and think someone smack the mal outta that youngin before it gets too wild......but that hardly ever happens...i honestly watch my dogs better than most people watch their kids.....at the market the other night....i watch this little girl about 4 ish....run between two parked cars nearly into the road...before her mother said a word. i was terrified the rest of the market...the kid was still running around..

It drives me crazy, especially my brothers and sisters. I actually watch my kid so I end up watching half of the other kids. I have no idea how my cousin's kids havent been kidnapped yet.

Forum List

Back