In New York, Mexicans Lag in Education

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/nyregion/mexicans-in-new-york-city-lag-in-education.html?_r=2

importingpoverty.jpg

The dumbing down of America.

-

Mexicans should be in Mexico...

Yea, and the English should have stayed in England. The Spanish should have stayed in Spain. The Irish should have stayed in Ireland. The Italiasn should have stayed in Italy, etc etc etc added corny/retarded statement

Mexicans should be in Mexico...

Yea, and the English should have stayed in England. The Spanish should have stayed in Spain. The Irish should have stayed in Ireland. The Italiasn should have stayed in Italy, etc etc etc added corny/retarded statement

If you aren't an American, get the fuck out, moron.

The only people that aren't Immigrants to this Land were the NATIVE Americans, MORON. Everyone else came from somewhere else.

Most Americans, in FACT (DON'T LIKE THOSE?) are 4 or 5 generations from FOREIGN ANCESTORS.

Brain, much?

The only people that aren't Immigrants to this Land were the NATIVE Americans, MORON. Everyone else came from somewhere else.

Most Americans, in FACT (DON'T LIKE THOSE?) are 4 or 5 generations from FOREIGN ANCESTORS.

Brain, much?

Most of our ancestors came to the United States LEGALLY, via whatever LEGAL immigration laws were in place at the time.

Do you not understand the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL "immigration"? Do you believe in the sovereignty of the United States? Do you believe that countries should have defined borders?

You're such a SMART ASS, I doubt you can answer my simple questions. I fully expect you to come back with some cheesy sophomoric reply.

Brain, much?

Most of our ancestors came to the United States LEGALLY, via whatever LEGAL immigration laws were in place at the time.

Do you not understand the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL "immigration"? Do you believe in the sovereignty of the United States? Do you believe that countries should have defined borders?

You're such a SMART ASS, I doubt you can answer my simple questions. I fully expect you to come back with some cheesy sophomoric reply.

Since you're such a smart ass, maybe you can point out where ILLEGAL was even brought into the conversation................cuz from where I'm sitting, he said MEXICANS, not ILLEGAL Mexicans, SMART ASS.

Brain, much?

Since you're such a smart ass, maybe you can point out where ILLEGAL was even brought into the conversation................cuz from where I'm sitting, he said MEXICANS, not ILLEGAL Mexicans, SMART ASS.

Take an educated guess. what percentage of them do you think are here legally?

I wonder how many Irish, or Italian, or Chinese immigrants (legal or not) were eligible for in-state tuition:

Many young illegal immigrants in New York City say there is no point in staying in school because their lack of legal status limits their access to college scholarships and employment opportunities. Some drop out under the erroneous belief that they are not eligible to attend college. (Illegal immigrants who graduate from a high school in New York State or earn a G.E.D. are not only allowed to attend the state’s public university system, but are also eligible for in-state tuition.)

Essentially, every excuse, including being ILLEGAL, has been removed as obsticles to Mexican scholastic achievement, yet "about 41 percent of all Mexicans between ages 16 and 19 in the city have dropped out of school, according to census data."

Why?

Here is the non-PC POV: 50% of Mexicans between ages 16 and 19 are females; At LEAST 41% of them become pregnate and choose to get married (or not), but either way, they drop out as mothers.

Obviously, the OTHER 50% of Mexicans are male, and come from a culture that has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade (the last year of the Mexican basic compulsory education system). In Mexico, "High School" means "College Preparatory School." Frankly this is an exceedingly sensible route given the number of kids whose brains simply rot away in our absurd system.

Perhaps the NYT would do well to help facilitate changes in labor laws that would allow 15-18 year olds to find gainful employment rather the blithering away about an "unsettling crisis."

Brain, much?

:eusa_eh:

Um...the article sited in the OP brought out the fact that many of the Mexicans in NYC are illegal immigrants......

Um...the article sited in the OP brought out the fact that many of the Mexicans in NYC are illegal immigrants......

I responded to a poster's quote,

quote: "Mexicans should be in Mexico."

I wonder how many Irish, or Italian, or Chinese immigrants (legal or not) were eligible for in-state tuition:

Many young illegal immigrants in New York City say there is no point in staying in school because their lack of legal status limits their access to college scholarships and employment opportunities. Some drop out under the erroneous belief that they are not eligible to attend college. (Illegal immigrants who graduate from a high school in New York State or earn a G.E.D. are not only allowed to attend the state’s public university system, but are also eligible for in-state tuition.)

Essentially, every excuse, including being ILLEGAL, has been removed as obsticles to Mexican scholastic achievement, yet "about 41 percent of all Mexicans between ages 16 and 19 in the city have dropped out of school, according to census data."

Why?

Here is the non-PC POV: 50% of Mexicans between ages 16 and 19 are females; At LEAST 41% of them become pregnate and choose to get married (or not), but either way, they drop out as mothers.

Obviously, the OTHER 50% of Mexicans are male, and come from a culture that has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade (the last year of the Mexican basic compulsory education system). In Mexico, "High School" means "College Preparatory School." Frankly this is an exceedingly sensible route given the number of kids whose brains simply rot away in our absurd system.

Perhaps the NYT would do well to help facilitate changes in labor laws that would allow 15-18 year olds to find gainful employment rather the blithering away about an "unsettling crisis."

Maybe the Occupy Wall Street deadbeats should "hire" all of these Mexican high school dropouts as protesters? Offer these dropouts "three hots and a cot", a tent in the park, some nice protest signs and slogans (assuming they can read and speak English, of course) and they'll think they've made it to the mountaintop! :lol:

Why?

Obviously, the OTHER 50% of Mexicans are male, and come from a culture that has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade

Got any hard data to support this "POV"? Have you been told by many Mexicans that their culture "has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade"?

Legally, the quote is correct: Illegal immigrants, by definition, are supposed to be in their country of citizenship.

Legally, the quote is correct: Illegal immigrants, by definition, are supposed to be in their country of citizenship.

There are legal Mexicans in this Country, going through the Legal immigration process, which makes his quote ("Mexicans").... sound.....rather blabbering bigotry.

Someone had the balls to ask me if I knew the difference between legal and illegal immigration...............without asking said bigot: "do you know the difference between illegal Mexicans and MEXICANS?"

Why?

Obviously, the OTHER 50% of Mexicans are male, and come from a culture that has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade

Got any hard data to support this "POV"? Have you been told by many Mexicans that their culture "has little or no use for education beyond 9th grade"?

Hard Data: No, that's why I said it was a "POV."

Frankly, the least of my concerns is whether or not I can provide one with as little credibility as yourself with data that Mexicans come from a culture where females become pregnate at an early age, and that the Mexican Education system supports 9th grade drop outs.

There are legal Mexicans in this Country, going through the Legal immigration process, which makes his quote ("Mexicans").... sound.....rather blabbering bigotry.

Someone had the balls to ask me if I knew the difference between legal and illegal immigration...............without asking said bigot: "do you know the difference between illegal Mexicans and MEXICANS?"

Speaking of Babbering do: your posts ever actually address the Topic?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back