In Need Of A Devil's Advocate!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
OMG!!!
NYRangers just defeated the NJDevils.....4-0 and the game was nowhere close as the score indicated!!

The Rangers played their back-up goalie, had some 30 minutes of penalties against, and still scored two short handed goals.

It was just brutal.....like a football game between Notre Dame vs the Tumble Tots.
I almost felt sorry for the Devils.....and for their fans that had to watch the embarrassment.

The Ranger rookies were excellent, the passing beautiful to behold, and goal tending superb.

If the Rangers could just manage to be consistent, the playoffs would be a sure bet!

OMG!!!
NYRangers just defeated the NJDevils.....4-0 and the game was nowhere close as the score indicated!!

The Rangers played their back-up goalie, had some 30 minutes of penalties against, and still scored two short handed goals.

It was just brutal.....like a football game between Notre Dame vs the Tumble Tots.
I almost felt sorry for the Devils.....and for their fans that had to watch the embarrassment.

The Ranger rookies were excellent, the passing beautiful to behold, and goal tending superb.

If the Rangers could just manage to be consistent, the playoffs would be a sure bet!
Terrific.

Georgiev ain't the backup.

Actually....he is.

NY Rangers preview - LoHud.com

https://www.lohud.com › story › sports › nhl › rangers › 2019/08/07 › ne...

Aug 7, 2019 - 1 goalie for the NY Rangers, but Alexandar Georgiev and Igor ... will make the team as Lundqvist's backup — he's earned that — and if he's ...

Now for the next category....

There are six nations that border the Black Sea....Georgiev is from one of 'em...can you name it?

Know the other five?

OMG!!!

I didn't realize the Devils were THAT bad. My two favorite NHL teams are the Coyotes and the Blackhawks. I was born and raised in and around Chicago, I've been a Hawks fan since 1970. I lived in the Phoenix, Arizona for 33 years and became a Coyotes fan. I now live in Valparaiso, Indiana, I've been back here for 8 and a half years (we lived in the Valparaiso area 1971-77).

OMG!!!

Are you a Rangers fan?

The Rangers have a 1A & 1B situation....Neither is the clear cut #1 guy and Lundqvist is clearly on the downswing of his great career.

I have fantasy teams with both of them on my rosters...Though Georgiev isn't getting #1 starts, he's getting far more playing time than the normal backup.

OMG!!!

I didn't realize the Devils were THAT bad. My two favorite NHL teams are the Coyotes and the Blackhawks. I was born and raised in and around Chicago, I've been a Hawks fan since 1970. I lived in the Phoenix, Arizona for 33 years and became a Coyotes fan. I now live in Valparaiso, Indiana, I've been back here for 8 and a half years (we lived in the Valparaiso area 1971-77).

I'm from a bit further afield than that.....about 6800 miles further.

Dad was a baseball fan, Yankees, and I picked the Rangers so we have summer and winter covered.

Ranger blue runs in these veins.....

I don't know if the Devils are actually as bad as they were today....maybe it was one of those perfect storms for the Blueshirts.....

We play 'em twice more....too bad it's not 20 more times.

Last edited:
The Rangers have a 1A & 1B situation....Neither is the clear cut #1 guy and Lundqvist is clearly on the downswing of his great career.

I have fantasy teams with both of them on my rosters...Though Georgiev isn't getting #1 starts, he's getting far more playing time than the normal backup.

You are right abut Henrik....but he is clearly the #1 goalie.

The one in the minors, Igor Shestyorkin, is supposed to be his eventual replacement.

"The Rangers will have a trio of goaltenders likely getting time between the pipes this season, including long-standing franchise center piece Henrik Lundqvist, as well as Alex Georgiev and rookie goaltender Igor Shesterkin.

...every year is another year means we are closer to the end of the career for the franchise’s most statistically successful goaltender, holding the records for most wins, and shutouts, in both the regular season and post-season.

Fortunately for the Rangers, there is a new kid on the block in the long-awaited Russian rookie goaltenders, Igor Shesterkin. "
New York Rangers: Assessing the Goaltending

OMG!!!

Are you a Rangers fan?

Did you read the post???

OMG!!!

Are you a Rangers fan?

Indubitably!

I didn't want there to be any doubt.

OMG!!!

Are you a Rangers fan?

Did you read the post???
I made the reply before I read the rest of the thread.

"There Should Be Firings After New Jersey Devils Failed to Perform Against New York Rangers, 0-4
The New Jersey Devils put in one of the worst power play performances in recent memory and lost in embarrassing fashion to the rival New York Rangers, 0-4. This recap is partly about the game and partly about how there should be firings after this one.

By John Fischer Nov 30, 2019, 4:40pm EST"
The Devils squandered them and eight power plays - including a double-minor and a five-minute major - in a 0-4 loss to the Rangers. To call it an embarrassment is an understatement. In fact, it is actually worse than what that score looks like.

...a major penalty as Tennyson’s eye was cut from the hit. The Devils had a five-minute major penalty. Down two with a full five minutes with a man advantage. What do the Devils do? Give up a 3-on-1 because Hall missed on a pass and Nikita Gusev fell down and Blackwood gets beaten by Jesper Fast. And shortly after that Zibaenjad breaks away and Gusev slashes him from behind so the Devils did not even have their full five minute power play. To shortly recap: the Devils received a five-minute major power play because Chris Kreider is an reckless idiot and the Devils come out of it down three goals..."
There Should Be Firings After New Jersey Devils Failed to Perform Against New York Rangers, 0-4

This guy is spot on!!!

Forum List

Back