In my daughter's preschool class...

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
In my daughter's preschool class there was one minority student.... This is some of his story.

He lived with his Aunt and Uncle all his life and knew them as Mother and Father. Their niece was a drug addict and could not take care of her children, these people took the responsibility on. The teacher saw that the kid was having issues with separation anxieties and suggested psychological councelling to help him.

The parents took the child and his 8 year old brother to the shrink, while at the office during one of their interviews the three year old threw a metal tonka truck at his brother. The parents of course chastized him, but the shrink thought it different and inappropriate for them to "yell" at the child. Since there is no law against yelling in such a situation, this shrink interrupted the process of official adoption of the boys by their Aunt and Uncle by contacting child services in D.C. where the kids were from. They came out and saw that our county was over 95% white and informed the Diversity Council who decided that the children (Eldest had a Puerto Rican father, youngest a father of African descent, the biological mother was white) needed more diversity and took those kids from their home in order to put them in foster care.

Remember that the original issue was separation anxiety, when the parents were able to contact the kids after they had left the three year old boy had stopped talking at all and regressed entirely in his potty training. The boys are now separated and put in Foster Care with Foster Parents of the "same" ethnicity as the boys. (Somehow I doubt they will ever be reminded of the Anglo side of their heritage.)

All of this because one shrink didn't like the parents yelling at a kid that threw a tonka truck at his brother.

:bangheads

I now hate the word diversity.

Hi no1tovote4.

It looks like this is the shrink in this particular case's fault for interfering what was not his/her business and depriving the aunt and uncle their right to parent the child.

Undoubtedly this was an outrageous intervention. But this is one person's unjutified actions. It's completely irrelevant to blame an entire concept based on a single person's stupidity, one that really even had nothing to do with diversity. Also, for what basis to you say that the children will never know their "anglo" heritage? Fortunately most young people once they reach a certain age explore their own identity completely. Anglo is a prefix associated with English the language. Nonwhite people speak English as well. I guess that makes us anglo too.

ciplexian said:
Hi no1tovote4.

It looks like this is the shrink in this particular case's fault for interfering what was not his/her business and depriving the aunt and uncle their right to parent the child.

Undoubtedly this was an outrageous intervention. But this is one person's unjutified actions. It's completely irrelevant to blame an entire concept based on a single person's stupidity, one that really even had nothing to do with diversity. Also, for what basis to you say that the children will never know their "anglo" heritage? Fortunately most young people once they reach a certain age explore their own identity completely. Anglo is a prefix associated with English the language. Nonwhite people speak English as well. I guess that makes us anglo too.

Understandable. It just irritates me that they make their lives more diverse by taking the actual diversity from their lives. I did blame the shrink, notice the last sentence just before the declaration at the end.

Anglo-Saxon isn't just a language, it is also a heritage and the point of that was actually to remind that they had the same heritage as their Aunt and Uncle not to proclaim race as the only heritage. These children were taken from their parents, the youngest from the only parents he ever knew, in the name of Diversity. They came with the goal of removing these children, and this is the reason that they came up with.

Regardless of the shrink starting it by going too far in his extremism, the travesty could have been stopped by even a small dose of common sense. Instead Diversity reared its ugly political siamese twin head (sharing a body with extremism) and became the monster that politics makes it. This child will and has suffered for something that could have been avoided.

Ok, I see what you are saying. How can custody be treated this way? I don't know much about these things, but there should be a legal standard by which these decisions have to be made based on what is best for the child. I thought there was, I guess I was wrong.

ciplexian said:
Ok, I see what you are saying. How can custody be treated this way? I don't know much about these things, but there should be a legal standard by which these decisions have to be made based on what is best for the child. I thought there was, I guess I was wrong.

Since D.C. is under Federal Jurisdiction the Federal standards apply. I can't understand why it was done. I cripples my soul to think this can be done because of skin color. I feel for this child immensely and wish there was something that I could do for him. This was definitely the wrong thing to do at the utmost wrong time.

no1tovote4 said:
Since D.C. is under Federal Jurisdiction the Federal standards apply. I can't understand why it was done. I cripples my soul to think this can be done because of skin color. I feel for this child immensely and wish there was something that I could do for him. This was definitely the wrong thing to do at the utmost wrong time.

I generally feel it's outrageous to move a child's home for anything but their own interest. Whatever the reason.

no1tovote4 said:
All of this because one shrink didn't like the parents yelling at a kid that threw a tonka truck at his brother.

:bangheads

I now hate the word diversity.

There is only one rational way to deal with situations like this. You find out where this officous horse's ass of a shrink lives. Then you go burn his damn house down around his ears.

If he still doesn't get the message, go rent a steamroller.

Merlin1047 said:
There is only one rational way to deal with situations like this. You find out where this officous horse's ass of a shrink lives. Then you go burn his damn house down around his ears.

If he still doesn't get the message, go rent a steamroller.

Why don't we just start with a steamroller?

We can form a line in front of his house:

:moon4: :moon4: :moon4: :moon4: :moon4: :moon4:

Forum List

Back