In Memorium - Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops

I'm from Detroit. I grew up listening to Motown. Oh, what a great time for music it was. May he rest in peace. But. Hasn't he been dead for a while? Oh well. Whatever.

A memorial thread eight years later...

Okay...

Since today marks the 8 year anniversary of this death, a memorial seems appropriate. The Latin "in memoriam" literally means in memory of. So please feel free to substitute that if it makes you feel more comfortable.

I'm not the least bit uncomfortable, which is evident by my previous post.

I was merely pointing that a thread of this nature, eight years after the fact, is a tad unusual.

Sally forth...

Abdul "Duke" Fakir is the only surviving original member and still performs with the group. Lawrence Peyton's son performs in his place. Levi had a stroke in 2000 and left the group. The following is his final "appearance" with the group singing a bar from his wheelchair when Peyton's son brings him the mic in the first row...

The reality is that the Four Tops are over. Happily, their recordings are available to enjoy. Personally, I've never been drawn to "concerts" where most of the band is dead.

No argument. This thread is about the talent of a man who is no longer with us. It's not a celebration of the fact that the band is no more. It is a celebration of THAT THEY WERE and what THEY GAVE US to savor and to remember. Try focusing on THAT REALITY.

No argument. This thread is about the talent of a man who is no longer with us. It's not a celebration of the fact that the band is no more. It is a celebration of THAT THEY WERE and what THEY GAVE US to savor and to remember. Try focusing on THAT REALITY.
Guess I misread your #8.

Forum List

Back