In light of the tragedy what does Bush do?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
http://tinyurl.com/2h6373

After this horrible and preventable incident which is bringing to light the state of our Infrastructure and how dangerous it can be to ignore the problem what does Bush do?

He threatens to veto a bill which everyone agrees is greatly needed to improve parts of our infrastructure.

• Banned
WRDA Act Passes House, NCGA Keeps Pressure On
USAgNet - 08/03/2007

Under looming threat of a veto by President Bush, the House of Representatives passed the Water Resources Development Act conference report by a 381-40 vote. The measure includes authorization to modernize locks and dams on the Upper Mississippi and Illinois rivers.

• Banned
Bridges collapsing after being rated inferior by our countries structural engineers and doing nothing about is not intelectual, emotional, rational or anything else but stupid.

It is stupid to face a tragedy and say "I resolve to learn NOTHING from it".

That is the position you are defending.

Bridges collapsing after being rated inferior by our countries structural engineers and doing nothing about is not intelectual, emotional, rational or anything else but stupid.

No, it's not even CLOSE.

Use your brain for once and get off your addiction to government.

No, it's not even CLOSE.

Use your brain for once and get off your addiction to government.

since the government OWNS the infrastructure, and it is badly in need of repair/maintenance/refurbishment, who would you suggest PAY for those repairs if NOT the government? Do you think a bake sale might work? What if we asked Bill Gates to pick up the tab and we would rename every bridge after him? Really. What do you suggest as a means of financing and contracting the repair of our nation's infrastructure?

After this horrible and preventable incident which is bringing to light the state of our Infrastructure and how dangerous it can be to ignore the problem what does Bush do?

He threatens to veto a bill which everyone agrees is greatly needed to improve parts of our infrastructure.

Yet another attempt at dishonest correlation. Been eating your moonbat pies again?

First off while deficient the brdige was not deemed unsafe for use. Secondly I fail to see what the water and dam system of the Mississippi has to do with this.

You really sicken me Truth. We have a real tragedy here and the first thing you can think to do is 'how can i blame this on the right?'

since the government OWNS the infrastructure, and it is badly in need of repair/maintenance/refurbishment, who would you suggest PAY for those repairs if NOT the government? Do you think a bake sale might work? What if we asked Bill Gates to pick up the tab and we would rename every bridge after him? Really. What do you suggest as a means of financing and contracting the repair of our nation's infrastructure?

LMAO @ "Do you think a bake sale might work?"

The Fed gov't doesn't own all the infrastructure. The state owns much of its own.

The Fed gov't doesn't own all the infrastructure. The state owns much of its own.

Forgive my ignorance but I think that the road is I-35. I also think that the Letter “I” stands for “Interstate” meaning that it goes through multiple states. If that is the case, doesn’t the road fall within the jurisdiction of the federal government, as does interstate commerce? Anyway, it seems like a minor insignificant technicality. The point is that the federal, state, or local government is going to need to spend money on tools, supplies, and manpower to fix the bridge.

Forgive my ignorance but I think that the road is I-35. I also think that the Letter “I” stands for “Interstate” meaning that it goes through multiple states. If that is the case, doesn’t the road fall within the jurisdiction of the federal government, as does interstate commerce? Anyway, it seems like a minor insignificant technicality. The point is that the federal, state, or local government is going to need to spend money on tools, supplies, and manpower to fix the bridge.

You are probably correct, but not addressing what I did. The word used was "infrastructure," period.

I will however point out that within the city limits HERE, we (the state and city) are responsible for road and bridge maintenance. Si I could nto say without actually looking at the law who is exactly responsible for what, nor how it varies from state to state if at all.

OMG ...A Bake Sale...CLASSIC !!!!! :clap2:

Actually the State owns and operates the Interstate in each State, but they have to adhere to strict federal guidelines regarding the building of an Interstate. The federal government pays for 90% of the roads unless the State doesn't comply with certain federal mandates, such as minimum drinking age. That's why Louisiana's roads were so shitty for a while.

First off while deficient the brdige was not deemed unsafe for use. Secondly I fail to see what the water and dam system of the Mississippi has to do with this.

You really sicken me Truth. We have a real tragedy here and the first thing you can think to do is 'how can i blame this on the right?'

Im not seekig to blame anyone but the people responsible.

Who is it that perfers tax cuts and says government cant do anything right and then proves it while in office?

now...if you could find the word "federal" in my post, you might have a point.

all levels of government own infrastructure.... and I suggest that all levels of government need to get off their asses and fix it. demanding that the roads and bridges our tax dollars have paid for are maintained in safe working condition is NOT, as JW suggests, an "addiction to government."

Im not seekig to blame anyone but the people responsible.

Who is it that perfers tax cuts and says government cant do anything right and then proves it while in office?

And what will that accomplish in terms of helping the victims and rebuilding? Is blameing someone (literally 3 hours after it happened in your case) the best use of time?

Forum List

Back