In light of Freeh Report, does Penn St. football deserve death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220

7/12/12 By Jen Floyd Engle

Let former FBI director Louis Freeh tell you a story, one he detailed in his Penn State University-Jerry Sandusky report released Thursday.

There was this big, respected university with an iconic legend as its football coach.

It also had a pedophile operating in its program.

School officials knew this back in 1998 and covered it up.

They chose this “humane” route of covering up, turning their backs and protecting themselves rather than kids for more than a decade as boys went on being raped in the campus showers and on football trips. They did this because it benefited them, was easier for them and protected what they valued most — the football program.

---
The death penalty is a good place to start for Penn State football - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

Seeing as how the desire to maintain the coaching staff and image of the team had much to do with the turning of backs, I'd say yes.

Send a message that the consequences for such atrocities will be as severe as possible.

7/12/12 By Jen Floyd Engle

Let former FBI director Louis Freeh tell you a story, one he detailed in his Penn State University-Jerry Sandusky report released Thursday.

There was this big, respected university with an iconic legend as its football coach.

It also had a pedophile operating in its program.

School officials knew this back in 1998 and covered it up.

They chose this “humane” route of covering up, turning their backs and protecting themselves rather than kids for more than a decade as boys went on being raped in the campus showers and on football trips. They did this because it benefited them, was easier for them and protected what they valued most — the football program.

---
The death penalty is a good place to start for Penn State football - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

My answer is no. The football program should not be ended.

however, everyone involved with the cover up shopuld be fired and replaced.

I think it SHOULD get the death penalty, but it won't.

The NCAA bylaws say the death penalty is used for repeat offenders. Now if they mak the case that there were multiple offenses before it came out, they may be able to push that.

But it is unlikely.

If a few tattoos and selling some shoes can wreck the Ohio State program, how can it be fair that a serial child molester at Penn State results in no penalty?

Tressel lost his job because he didn't report the infractions his players made. The program is bowl ineligible for two years.

Paterno knew a child molester was loose in Happy Valley.

It's tragic, but all in all, would you feel safer with your kid in Columbus under Tressell or State College under who knows what?

If a few tattoos and selling some shoes can wreck the Ohio State program, how can it be fair that a serial child molester at Penn State results in no penalty?

Tressel lost his job because he didn't report the infractions his players made. The program is bowl ineligible for two years.

Paterno knew a child molester was loose in Happy Valley.

It's tragic, but all in all, would you feel safer with your kid in Columbus under Tressell or State College under who knows what?

I think tOSU is better off than they have been in sometime. So to say it "wrecked" the program isn't fair. They were punished with a bad season last year and a bowl ban this year. But if they can be punished for that there is no way Penn St won't be punished for a few years. It's not fair to the people that weren't involved but anytime a school is punished it's not fair. That's life.

Last edited:
The creep had nothing to do with the football program after he was let go. There were no football players involved. The football program is clean, so why should it be punished. Its not like a star back was caught shop-lifting and let play in a big bowl game?!

Its a private matter between the school and the victims. There is no reason to punish the players, the fans, or the school finances by imposing a $75,000,000 penalty.

I'd punish Curley for sure, and Spanier if he made the decision. Whoever was at fault should be punished, not the innocent.

yes they should get the death penalty.

114992_600.jpg

115183_600.jpg

Last edited:
It should be sanctioned very heavily, i.e. no scholarships for 10 years or some such.

USA Today is reporting that Penn State will not receive the death penalty, but the number of sanctions will be so broad and long-lasting that it will amount to a veey, very-sick penalty.

As a Husker fan I feel that I have some insights to offer.

O'Brien is simply not a marquis coach. He has no head-coaching experience and not really anything that impressive as an assitant coach. The snowball that flew through hell and barely missed Bradley would have given the folks in State College a much bettter chance of recovering their football program. Take it from me, we had a superbowl head coach take us to 5 CONSECUTIVE LOSSES.

This alone would be a existential threat to the prominent Nittany Lion football team.

The B1G doesn't need Penn State with a sucky basketball team and a hopeless football team. Penn State really doesn't offer the kind of academics or reasearch dollars that the the B1G is looking for and they really don't have the geography.

The B1G needs to tell Penn State that they might be happier in the Big East and pick up a new 12th member. Iowa State makes great sense, since they offer a whole package - sports, academics, geography - but the package is mediocre all-round and that's going to present a problem for the B1G.

*I will say this again as I have said it before. Notre Dame is not joining the B1G. Period. forget about it. Notre Dame considers the entire B1G to be nothing more than a reliable late-night booty call who shows up any time, any place Notre Dame says and why on earth would they marry someone like that.

I'd recommend to the B1G that they just dump Penn State and take on Kansas, K-State and Iowa State. With Missouri gone, Kansas (the one with the bird) has zero reason to stay in the Big 12.

At least take on Kansas. Yeah, their football is just average, but their basketball program is one of the greatest of all time and that should count for something.

Seeing as how the desire to maintain the coaching staff and image of the team had much to do with the turning of backs, I'd say yes.

Send a message that the consequences for such atrocities will be as severe as possible.

Can't be said better than that

looks like severe penalties were handed-out, RELATIVE to other recent penalties, but I don't think they went far enough.

Forum List

Back