In Latest Polls, Romney’s Momentum Seems to Have Stopped

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Just in time it seems for President Obama to be re-elected come Nov. 6th. 2012. Stay tuned boys and girls.

Oct. 24: In Polls, Romney's Momentum Seems to Have Stopped - NYTimes.com

Mr. Romney clearly gained ground in the polls in the week or two after the Denver debate, putting himself in a much stronger overall position in the race. However, it seems that he is no longer doing so.

Take Wednesday’s national tracking polls, for instance. (There are now eight of them published each day.) Mr. Romney gained ground in just one of the polls, an online poll conducted for Reuters by the polling organization Ipsos. He lost ground in five others, with President Obama improving his standing instead in those surveys. On average, Mr. Obama gained about one point between the eight polls.

Just in time it seems for President Obama to be re-elected come Nov. 6th. 2012. Stay tuned boys and girls.

Mr. Romney clearly gained ground in the polls in the week or two after the Denver debate, putting himself in a much stronger overall position in the race. However, it seems that he is no longer doing so.

Take Wednesday’s national tracking polls, for instance. (There are now eight of them published each day.) Mr. Romney gained ground in just one of the polls, an online poll conducted for Reuters by the polling organization Ipsos. He lost ground in five others, with President Obama improving his standing instead in those surveys. On average, Mr. Obama gained about one point between the eight polls.

WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

Oct. 24: In Polls, Romney’s Momentum Seems to Have Stopped

This is the closest that we’ve come in a week or so to one candidate clearly having “won” the day in the tracking polls — and it was Mr. Obama.

The trend could also be spurious. If the race is steady, it’s not that hard for one candidate to gain ground in five of six polls (excluding the two that showed no movement on Wednesday) just based on chance alone.

What isn’t very likely, however, is for one candidate to lose ground in five of six polls if the race is still moving toward him. In other words, we can debate whether Mr. Obama has a pinch of momentum or whether the race is instead flat, but it’s improbable that Mr. Romney would have a day like this if he still had momentum.

The FiveThirtyEight model looks at a broader array of polls — including state polls — in order to gauge the overall trend in the race.

:eusa_whistle:

New York Times. I'm convinced now. Fuck. I might as well not even vote.

Yes, Obama's odds to be re-elected are approaching 75% on fivethirtyeight.com We still have a few days until the vote, but it will take a dramatic event to turn around the EV count. Very few people will change their minds now.

It won't be a Blowout....but it will be enough....IMHO

Last edited:
Yes, Obama's odds to be re-elected are approaching 75% on fivethirtyeight.com We still have a few days until the vote, but it will take a dramatic event to turn around the EV count. Very few people will change their minds now.

It won't be a Blowout....but it will be enough....IMHO

The EV count projections are actual polls of the EV reps or projections based on previous years performance ?

CaféAuLait;6230343 said:

An article from 2 days ago too.

Gallup and Rassmusen has Romney up by 3 today.

you're so friggin' stupid. :rofl:

The two day old link is NOT a poll competing with your polls.

:clap2:

gawd, some people deserve to have their posting privileges put on hold

:redface:

It's NOT the NYT. The NYT is carrying it.

Comment on the reputation of 538 if you can.

The WSJ Editorial Page is a wingnut wet dream, but most credible people read their news pages.

next

538/Nate Silver a man who predicted only ONE presidential election prior? And such makes him the God of polls now? :confused:

It is the NYT they partnered with Nate Silver/538.

Partnership with The New York Times

On June 3, 2010, The New York Times and Silver announced that FiveThirtyEight had formed a partnership under which the blog would be hosted by the Times for a period of three years.[60] In legal terms, FiveThirtyEight granted a "license" to the Times to publish the blog. The blog would be listed under the "Politics" tab of the News section of the Times.[61] FiveThirtyEight would thus be subject to and benefit from editing and technical production by the Times, while FiveThirtyEight would be responsible for creating the content.

FiveThirtyEight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Real Clear Politics polls say something different three of there top four polls that run through the 25th have Romney ahead Rasmussen by +3 ABC News/Washington Post +1 Gallup +5 the IDP/TIPP has Obama +2 out of the ten polls they have listed which run from as far back as the 18th up to the 25th Romney leads in six of them Obama in three one is a tie.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

CaféAuLait;6230468 said:

The WSJ Editorial Page is a wingnut wet dream, but most credible people read their news pages.

next

538/Nate Silver a man who predicted only ONE presidential election prior? And such makes him the God of polls now? :confused:

On June 3, 2010, The New York Times and Silver announced that FiveThirtyEight had formed a partnership under which the blog would be hosted by the Times for a period of three years.[60] In legal terms, FiveThirtyEight granted a "license" to the Times to publish the blog. The blog would be listed under the "Politics" tab of the News section of the Times.[61] FiveThirtyEight would thus be subject to and benefit from editing and technical production by the Times, while FiveThirtyEight would be responsible for creating the content.

please pay attention and stop projecting your thought process upon others?

Dante never claimed Nate's or Cassidy as gospel or creed.

Dante posted their analysis that includes why and how they come to their conclusions. Dante is not posting polls.

btw, there is a Conspiracy Forum here you are free to go to. :eusa_whistle:

The Real Clear Politics polls say something different three of there top four polls that run through the 25th have Romney ahead Rasmussen by +3 ABC News/Washington Post +1 Gallup +5 the IDP/TIPP has Obama +2 out of the ten polls they have listed which run from as far back as the 18th up to the 25th Romney leads in six of them Obama in three one is a tie.

too bad you don't have a link yo an analysis of what the polls may mean and how to use them. too bad you don't have links to polling data and analysis of the states in play and the EC count

thanks for playing

too bad you don't have a link yo an analysis of what the polls may mean and how to use them. too bad you don't have links to polling data and analysis of the states in play and the EC count

thanks for playing
You forgot to say RCP was a biased right wing poll a poll I might you and the rest of the lefties were highlighting just a couple of months ago when their numbers favored Obama you guy's never mentioned N.Y. Times Nate till the other polls started trending towards Romney. Poor attempt at spin better luck next time.

CaféAuLait;6230468 said:

next

Dante posted their analysis that includes why and how they come to their conclusions. Dante is not posting polls.

LOL "projecting my thought process"? You asked me for my opinion on the reputation of 538 and I stated such. You also stated that 538 was not the NY Times and I showed you they are now partners. And all you could come back with was name calling here on the board and in PM's and neg rep. LOL :eusa_whistle:

thanks for playing
You forgot to say RCP was a biased right wing poll a poll I might you and the rest of the lefties were highlighting just a couple of months ago when their numbers favored Obama you guy's never mentioned N.Y. Times Nate till the other polls started trending towards Romney. Poor attempt at spin better luck next time.

:clap2: consistently wrong. I have not called any polls biased :clap2:

CaféAuLait;6230668 said:
CaféAuLait;6230468 said:

LOL "projecting my thought process"? You asked me for my opinion on the reputation of 538 and I stated such. You also stated that 538 was not the NY Times and I showed you they are now partners. And all you could come back with was name calling here on the board and in PM's and neg rep. LOL :eusa_whistle:

WSJ Editorial Page is Not the WSJ NEws pages. NYT Editorial Pages are not the NYT Newpages

same way blogs are not the Editorial pages which have an ideological bias

Forum List

Back