In Iowa you can be fired for being too pretty

The fact is this, Samson, the Supreme Court of the State of Iowa disagrees with you.

The case is over, and I personally agree with the finding.

I bet the Iowa SCOTUS did not ask your opinion. They did not ask mine.

The fact is this, Samson, the Supreme Court of the State of Iowa disagrees with you.

The Federal case will be interesting.

....like Prop 8.

Last edited:
She was fired for being female. She has a case. Its gender discrimination, because we know for a fact that she wouldn't have been fired if she were male.
She wasn't fired for being female. She was fired because her boss was attracted to her in an unhealthy fashion.

Key word is "her."

Since boss would not be attracted to a male, then he discriminated against an employee based on their gender.
*shrugs* Means nothing.

Unless you are suggesting that you can choose who you are attracted to. Are you one of those people that think being homosexual or heterosexual is a choice?

Don't be a hypocrite now. If you believe that sexual orientation is a choice fine... You have point that I disagree with. But you have a valid point to your belief system. If you don't believe it's a choice, then you are a hypocrite.

Immaterial because if his wife told him "no, choose", and the assistant was a male, he would have acted the same way.

Key word is "her."

Since boss would not be attracted to a male, then he discriminated against an employee based on their gender.

Sadly we won't know.

What we know are facts:

He is attracted to FEMALES.

He Fired A FEMALE because SHE was FEMALE.

You point out a great case for discrimination if he fired all the females. He didn't so you don't.

She made her case under state laws because of the belief by her lawyers it would be easier to get the ruling the wanted.

She will not file in federal court. She said so. She said it is over.

....like Prop 8.

There will bo no federal case.

Immaterial because if his wife told him "no, choose", and the assistant was a male, he would have acted the same way.

Sadly we won't know.

What we know are facts:

He is attracted to FEMALES.

He Fired A FEMALE because SHE was FEMALE.

You point out a great case for discrimination if he fired all the females. He didn't so you don't.

You don't need to fire all females.

Sex discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of that person’s sex.

Sex-Based Discrimination

....like Prop 8.

There will bo no federal case.

No?

Why because the EEOC has never sued in Iowa before?

EEOC Sues City of Boone, Iowa  For Age Discrimination

An employer should be able to terminate an employee's employment at any time for any reason they choose.

Yes, I agree. Just as an employee can leave their jobs any time and for any reason they wish.

I have found, however, that being fired for being considered too *hawt* ( a threat ) to be around a male employer, happens frequently, when an insecure wife of said employer meets you.

Better doors often open, though. One often chooses self-employment. :D

thumbnailCAJHJJEC-1.jpg

Frequently, you have found? Interesting.

Forum List

Back